• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I`ve put it down now till tomorrow bob :) Plus i`m not keen on running a mod at it`s maximum wattage, i never feel comfortable doing that. :laugh:

In wattage mode with Kanthal, I would agree with you, but wattage in TP mode is irrelevant and should not really have been included, it is designed to run at full watts, and the TP then reduces the wattage to accommodate the required temp, if you watch the display while you are vaping you will see that the wattage jumps up at the beginning and then drops down and back up and back down ad infinitum.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
In wattage mode with Kanthal, I would agree with you, but wattage in TP mode is irrelevant and should not really have been included, it is designed to run at full watts, and the TP then reduces the wattage to accommodate the required temp, if you watch the display while you are vaping you will see that the wattage jumps up at the beginning and then drops down and back up and back down ad infinitum.
Yes i have seen the wattage altering itself Bob. So Tomorrow i will bang it back up to 40w and play around with the Temp a bit ! Is that correct ?

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Yes i have seen the wattage altering itself Bob. So Tomorrow i will bang it back up to 40w and play around with the Temp a bit ! Is that correct ?

Try around 400 to start with and either up or down depending on how that is, I have most of mine set to 450 & 40w but that's with a 3 or 6mg high VG juice and it soon drops to around the 15-19w, it will probably be different with whatever juice you are using.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Try around 400 to start with and either up or down depending on how that is, I have most of mine set to 450 & 40w but that's with a 3 or 6mg high VG juice and it soon drops to around the 15-19w, it will probably be different with whatever juice you are using.
Thanks Bob, i think that may be part of my problem if you could call it a problem ! 12 mg juice :lol: A little harsh on the old throat. I will make some lower nic next time i knock some together

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've just been reading this thread at the NT forum: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/indiana-nicoticket-fans.669049/

Scrolling down and reading the points raised shows just how blatantly transparent things are. Words to the effect that packaging needs to be done in the same clean room that the liquid is made, yet doing anything other than making it in the clean room goes against another rule!
...and the products from BT companies are exempt?!

DIY of the liquid will also be forbidden.

Yes, people are already talking about plans to get relatives in other states to make purchases and send them on, or get a PO box in another state, but if this legislation passes and then spreads, then what!
Either people will go back to smoking, or there'll be some sort of bootleg trade going on 'underground' - neither of which is acceptable!

Reactions: trouble1000

vince01

Sep 15, 2014
North West England UK
I'm thinking of getting an iStick 50, but before I do I thought I'd check to see if it had any little foibles or performance issues. I can see that it is about twice as heavy as the 20 watt so not as shirt pocket friendly, but it does have the spring loaded stainless connector and I'm getting a bit fed up using the adapters to protect the thread all the time, any thoughts ?

Last edited:
Reactions: trouble1000

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm thinking of getting an iStick 50, but before I do I thought I'd check to see if it had any little foibles of performance issues. I can see that it is about twice as heavy as the 20 watt so not as shirt pocket friendly, but it does have the spring loaded stainless connector and I'm getting a bit fed up using the adapters to protect the thread all the time, any thoughts ?

Doesn't feel like it's spring loaded, but everything I've put on it so far works okay, all Chinese/cheap made Mods do not seem to be spring loaded.
A couple on here have had some problems with it but the reset procedure appears to work, just like for the 20w.
I think like a lot of these mods, if you treat them right they will work as you want them to, don't screw the atty down too tight, I only have an adaptor on one of my 20w iSticks, but that's because the MOW on top is eGo type.

Reactions: vince01

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That stinks of BT influencing state legislature - I think it about time for all the big Countries to stand up and close down and seize the assets of BT forever
It's so transparent - still, Putin gets away with it!

It all makes me really angry - governments are hypocrites: for decades they tell us we need to give up smoking because the scientists & physicians give the evidence, so we eventually find a way that the said professionals have proved is probably 99% safe, and they get ignored!

I can only guess at the revenue lost from tax on tobacco in recent years, can only guess at the profits loss to the BT and BP giants too - and can only guess too at the amounts of cash that they'll be threatening to withdraw from political support unless the governments either ban or heavily legislate e-cigarettes.

I'm thinking of getting an iStick 50, but before I do I thought I'd check to see if it had any little foibles of performance issues. I can see that it is about twice as heavy as the 20 watt so not as shirt pocket friendly, but it does have the spring loaded stainless connector and I'm getting a bit fed up using the adapters to protect the thread all the time, any thoughts ?
There's a thread on here somewhere for iStick 50wowners, but for my part, I haven't had any problems apart from in the beginning, it would often switch back to V mode instead of W - think the fire button was a little over sensitive - others found the same.

General school of thought seems to be that any such little problems have been ironed out with recent new batches, so in all likelihood, they'll be fine.
I got a second from FT recently, and it works fine too. The only thing I noticed was that at the same wattage, it didn't seem as powerful - which suggests to me they have further improved on accurate output.

Today, I see that FT have the Authentic iStick 30W at $28.80 because it doesn't come with any unwanted accessories (charging lead, plug etc) so is in a simpler box. $28.80 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 2-8V / 5-30W / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
it would often switch back to V mode instead of W - think the fire button was a little over sensitive - others found the same

I get something similar with my SX3xx mods only with those 3 clicks locks them, 3 clicks on the iStick changes from vw to vv and back again.

Today, I see that FT have the Authentic iStick 30W at $28.80 because it doesn't come with any unwanted accessories (charging lead, plug etc) so is in a simpler box. $28.80 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 2-8V / 5-30W / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But the 30w suffers the same problem as the 20w with no step down

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I get something similar with my SX3xx mods only with those 3 clicks locks them, 3 clicks on the iStick changes from vw to vv and back again.
Probably the same manufacture switch?

But the 30w suffers the same problem as the 20w with no step down
True, but I'm used to that :laugh: ...at $28 I'm happy to order a second one.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
...just went to look at one ..no, wouldn't be an improvement - leave him alone while he's quiet! :laugh:

Yep, Orcs are quite nasty looking aren't they :laugh:

That's right, just laugh - mortally wounded I am! :lol:

Sorry Trisha, please accept my humble apology :p:lol:

I have my three every day ones and never really tire of them, but with the others, I move back and forth with them too.
PMP is very good though ...almost 'thick' with flavour without being overly sweet. Versatile mixer too :)
I was thinking of trying a little chocolate with the doughnut, but I do have a decent Chocolate Doughnut one from Avant Garde.

You can't beat a bit of variety. I do like the real thick flavours though, the ones that leave a nice lingering aftertaste. Extra chocolate in the Chef's Doughnut probably would improve it a little :)

Doughnut King is nice, just looked and realised none of mine had it in, so just put one of my older Lemos into service with DK in it :)

It's good to revisit a flavour sometimes Bob. as long as it wasn't one of those from the back of the vape cupboard that you were planning on throwing away :lol:

It was good of george yes :) I never saw anything on their FB page ! As soon as i make some doughnut up, you will be the first to know Trish. :D

If you're making real doughnuts count me in mate :laugh:

:banana:Just popped onto POTV and i've won a 30ml bottle of ElDiablo juice:)

Well done George, nice to win something :thumbs:

Just put an order with chefs for some FlavourArt concentrate's.The more I read this thread the more juice and concentrate I want
Peppa pig world was brilliant well worth the three hour drive for the look on our grandaughters face.She was so excited she started shaking
Nice find George.It won't be long and Terry will be going with his grandaughter

FA flavourings are great Marcus, I use the sweeter ones in quite a lot of mixes as well as the cream ones. Great to see the look on kids faces when they get excited like that :D

@Brynglas George was it you that had a SVB ??
Just picked up this beaut on UKV a DNA40:
View attachment 453429

very nice mate, looks like a nice compact design :thumbs:

You`re making me feel inadequate Mate ! :laugh: I did a NI build in a subby earlier, 0.15 ohms, and wicked with that muji stuff, vaping at 30 watts.( Steamgunks Purple Haze ) I am getting some massive clouds, but it doesn`t seem as flavoursome as before with a kanthal build using Rayon :?:

I do think rayon gives more flavour than cotton does. Cotton seems to hold the juice, so you're vaping on old juice and deposits from old juice basically. Whereas, rayon just brings the juice to the coil as you vape, so you're vaping a fresh supply every time :)

Also i cleaned a kayfun,and again used Muji, filled with English Trifle. I had made it at 20%, and that tasted a bit bland, so i put a couple of drops of concentrate into the tank, and 8 drops into the bottle. Tastes a bit better, but i am wondering if it is the cotton dulling the flavours ? so next chance i get i will put rayon in both tanks and see how that is.
You'll probably get away with a lower percentage in your juices with rayon. I remember seeing on the main rayon thread that the DIY'ers were using less flavouring in their mixes

Had a tinker with the bike alarm, and i can`t get it working proper ( Keeps going off ) so i ripped it out and binned it :lol:

That's a shame mate. You should have sent it to me, you know I like taking things apart :lol:

Thank You Ian, i couldn`t put my finger on what it reminded me of :laugh:

It is Lilt isn't it mate :) That's the first thing I thought of when I first tried it.

Thanks Bob, i think that may be part of my problem if you could call it a problem ! 12 mg juice :lol: A little harsh on the old throat. I will make some lower nic next time i knock some together

Get some 24mg in it mate :evil:

I'm thinking of getting an iStick 50, but before I do I thought I'd check to see if it had any little foibles or performance issues. I can see that it is about twice as heavy as the 20 watt so not as shirt pocket friendly, but it does have the spring loaded stainless connector and I'm getting a bit fed up using the adapters to protect the thread all the time, any thoughts ?

Mine is doing great mate. The wattage up button is a tiny bit sticky sometimes, but apart from that, no other problems. I've got a Subtank on it at the moment, 0.6 ohms, doing great :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
had a few JD's last night, so I was suffering from "blurry monitor" syndrome :laugh:

Just waiting for my soldering supplies to arrive now. Had a text from the couriers, between 12 and 1pm. Then I can take the Wife shopping (she still won't buy on-line :(). Plus the car is in for it's MOT later. Another full day for me.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

No problems here Vince,nice little device.
I've just removed the tank off mine and with a screw driver it does seem to be spring loaded.
Either that or it's bust:laugh:

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
I've got 1 that did start firing itself but using the reset instructions from Bob seems to have fixed it. I've had no problems since then and would be happy to own another for a spare.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
It all makes me really angry - governments are hypocrites:

I can only guess at the revenue lost from tax on tobacco in recent years

Agree there Trish, .......s.:-x
And all that time they told us the revenue was laid off against the cost to the NHS.:laugh:If i didn't laugh,i'd cry.
Now the cost is dropping to the NHS,they want the money for other things like the HSL.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
It's good to revisit a flavour sometimes Bob. as long as it wasn't one of those from the back of the vape cupboard that you were planning on throwing away :lol:

Got a few I need to chuck out - they must be over a year old, they were cheapy ones that I bought before getting into Chefs etc
Get some 24mg in it mate :evil:

You trying to kill 'im orf :laugh:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Got a few I need to chuck out - they must be over a year old, they were cheapy ones that I bought before getting into Chefs etc

The ones I've thrown out seem to be that sort of age too. You can tell by vaping them though usually, the flavour seems to have dropped off and there's less nic hit.

You trying to kill 'im orf :laugh:

:lol:
It will put hairs on his chest
:lol:

------------------------

My soldering stuff has just arrived. Does that count as vape mail ;)

I'd better take the Wife shopping now I guess. See you all later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread