Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
I watched like a bazillion coil and wicking videos and several of them said too much cotton on a kayfun can cause gurgling with some juices. Mine must be the kind of juice where that happens. Reducing the thickness, but increasing the length seems to have solved the issue for me.

Also remember to keep the coil about 1.5 mm from the top of the chimney/air hole

Reactions: Bronze

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
As you saw, I got 28 gauge Kanthal in the mail today and since I'm still new to this coil building business, I decided to build a new coil. This time, it didn't take any time. 28 gauge, 9 wraps around a 2mm bit and I think this one turned out really well. I wanted the coil to be between 1.5 - 1.7 ohm and it came it at 1.7 ohm. Here are a couple pics:

8e409ed4bd29ca5e7e3a9071a04680ed.jpg

ca5d293b8f6ac8dc25fb73bc5ff4286f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beautiful! I am so proud of you!!!!

Reactions: DPLongo22

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Exactly. I'm not interested in what people are having for breakfast or when they are going into a bathroom stall. FB tapped into the narcissistic world we now live in and is making a killing.

Aren't you confusing that with "Twitter"?

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Also remember to keep the coil about 1.5 mm from the top of the chimney/air hole

From my picture, would you say my coil it too high or not high enough?

Aren't you confusing that with "Twitter"?

Nope. I know lot's of people who "tweet" on Facebook.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
SR, it
Can anyone tell me if my coil is too high or too low from this picture?
SR, it's perfect. Coil height is not overly critical. 1 - 2mm above the coil is plenty fine. You just don't want it to touch the deck or the chimney is what is most critical (shorts).

Reactions: MKID

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
SR, it

SR, it's perfect. Coil height is not overly critical. 1 - 2mm above the coil is plenty fine. You just don't want it to touch the deck or the chimney is what is most critical (shorts).

Thanks Bronze. The coil I built last night is vaping OK. But it doesn't feel perfect. Since I'm so new to this and need to experiment, I think I'm going to build a coil with fewer wraps tonight to get a coil about 1.4 - 1.5 ohm and see how I like it compared to the 1.7 ohm coil I built.

Reactions: Bronze

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Anyone know if provari is working on any new updates for the P3? I really am wishing they would allow more than 20w

It's very doubtful anyone here would know what Provape's future plans are as we are all just users (happy users), but users just the same.

Reactions: NeoGoldenBoy

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Bronze. The coil I built last night is vaping OK. But it doesn't feel perfect. Since I'm so new to this and need to experiment, I think I'm going to build a coil with fewer wraps tonight to get a coil about 1.4 - 1.5 ohm and see how I like it compared to the 1.7 ohm coil I built.
That's how you do it. Experiment. I wrap 1.5 ohm coils using 28 gauge around a 2mm (5/64ths) micro screwdriver.

Reactions: rbrylawski

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's very doubtful anyone here would know what Provape's future plans are as we are all just users (happy users), but users just the same.
Provape is good about concealing future plans until they are ready to announce. I'm sure their geeks are busy developing something though.

I hit Reply+ and it quotes my comment. One day I'll figure out how to multiquote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread