Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
When I think about it, I am thankful I had the chance to stock up at those prices, I'm glad they did that.
I thought that was a really generous and admirable way for them to liquidate their supply...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Vape360 might disagree with you. He's the one who told me the flood of less expensive Chinese mods made it more difficult to compete.
Yeah, I suppose it's entirely possible Zen has no idea what he is talking about.... ;)

Reactions: AstroTurf

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yeah, I suppose it's entirely possible Zen has no idea what he is talking about.... ;)

I'm sure Zen has lot's on knowledge about why. I also think the competition from Chinese mods has always been an issue. A guy walks into a Vape shop and can buy a 75 watt dna something for well under a $100 (about a $1/watt). He's not on these forums and doesn't have a clue about Provape quality, or even likely care it's made in the US. He sees a Provari for triple the price (roughly $3/watt) with less watts and whips out his credit card for the dna. I'm just saying the competition from the Far East had to be rough on Provape. For the same price as a Radius, the same guy could purchase a 200 watt device. And we surely know more watts is better, right? :sneaky:;)

That said, it's the FDA who truly killed Provape.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
How about you are both right --

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that it is tough to compete with China on manufacturing for many products, not just vape industry.

It also doesn't mean that they couldn't have continued to do so in a viable manner....even with the vape climate in this country getting IMHO wacky.

These successful guys decided to liquidate their business assets instead and while doing so gave their on line fans some amazing deals during the process. With a business their size and scope, this took some months to achieve. It was a good business decision as well as a personal one, IMHO.

Of course there were other options -- they could have moved the business to a vape friendlier area of the world. They could have developed a great pod. The list goes on. It's moot, ProVape is no more.

I will miss this company, one I consider a game changer in the early days and one who carried on with grace and integrity the entire time. I am very pleased I have ProVape on my desk, or in my hand or purse and expect I will for as long as I continue to vape.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I'm sure Zen has lot's on knowledge about why. I also think the competition from Chinese mods has always been an issue. A guy walks into a Vape shop and can buy a 75 watt DNA something for well under a $100 (about a $1/watt). He's not on these forums and doesn't have a clue about Provape quality, or even likely care it's made in the US. He sees a Provari for triple the price (roughly $3/watt) with less watts and whips out his credit card for the DNA. I'm just saying the competition from the Far East had to be rough on Provape. For the same price as a Radius, the same guy could purchase a 200 watt device. And we surely know more watts is better, right? :sneaky:;)

That said, it's the FDA who truly killed Provape.
Yeah, but you have to admit, Zen is somewhat of a bloviater... Lol

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Yeah, but you have to admit, Zen is somewhat of a bloviater... Lol

I like Zen he's a great guy. I've never met him and only talked to him on the phone once. Called with a simple question on one of his sidewinders I wanted to get, almost two hours and several subjects later I don't remember if I got my answer. I'd swear I caught him on a day he was bored and had a lot of time to kill if I hadn't heard the same from others.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
or even likely care it's made in the US.

I have never cared about this as I'm not from the States. I only care about quality. We had campaign in Serbia few years ago called "Buy domestic" and my only tought was - I will buy domestic product when it satisfies quality I expect! And I always and only look it that way, quality first no matter what's the origin.

And I can tell you that making so much accent on "Made in USA" made one not so small number of people not to buy it as they said "It's not better then other mods, it's just overpriced because it's made in the US".

I know that's not the case and that it's worth every cent but you can't argue with people who don't look the specs, reviews or others experience but only the price tag.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have never cared about this as I'm not from the States. I only care about quality. We had campaign in Serbia few years ago called "Buy domestic" and my only tought was - I will buy domestic product when it satisfies quality I expect! And I always and only look it that way, quality first no matter what's the origin.

And I can tell you that making so much accent on "Made in USA" made one not so small number of people not to buy it as they said "It's not better then other mods, it's just overpriced because it's made in the US".

I know that's not the case and that it's worth every cent but you can't argue with people who don't look the specs, reviews or others experience but only the price tag.

I hear you, but the fact it was engineered by some amazing American engineers and built by a company who took vaping quality and safety in the US to never before achieved levels, made it all the more wonderful to own their devices. I am proud to vape a quality USA designed, engineered and built Provari. Yes I am.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Now all we need is lemo in here. LOL!

Lemo is in happy land now that Provape is closed.

There's a job waiting for you at Fox New. They're all about "Alternative Facts." And the link you showed about where Provari's are made, leads one to note you also have a reading comprehension issue. Not sure what your purpose is being here?

(EDITED)

Last edited by a moderator:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Proudly pouring... the classwife special.

460x290-Mar10-Peach-Berry-Iced-Tea_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread