Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
So glad I grabbed one of the last Ti P3s ... was going to use it, however it's going into the Vapocalypse bunker instead.

f4ec8236d7a1e8234e0f0c624f29d137.jpg

Sent via iPhone
I also got one of the last Ti's. But, it's going into use now.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
There's a job waiting for you at Fox New. They're all about "Alternative Facts." And the link you showed about where Provari's are made, leads one to note you also have a reading comprehension issue. Not sure what your purpose is being here?
RB! Been a long time. Good to see you again, though I wish it were in happier circumstances.

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
I like this thread. I think it should be kept open for all that want to be here and interact.

Ok that's fine I only suggested it be renamed that all.

Source (with details), please?

They said some of their components are made outside of the USA. Yes it's because some parts are simply not made in the states but that still isn't made in the usa. Their products were of high quality any way so why exaggerate and say made in usa when it was never entirely true.

Would you mind terribly being more specific about exactly what you saw in that post?

Where, please? Details, invited.

PWho? Do you mean Phil Busardo? How many (of the few) take him seriously, by chance? What do you mean his reviews are "skewed"? How much money and how many perks did he actually receive from manufacturers? Who are those who threw them at him? (Again, details, please.)

There website, where, please?

dicodes-usa.com

How is you know that Provape refused to adapt to the changing marketplace? The Blackberry argument is old and fragile now, but please, go on.

I bet Bill (no quotes) WILL honor all warranties. In fact, whomever sends in their device(s) will most likely get the Provape service they have come to trust and expect.

Saying that Provape is cowardly and unethical, and that they closed up shop and misled their loyal customers, and that they falsely claimed their devices were made in the US, and that they dumped their warranties on someone named Bill.....doesn't that really say more about what thoughts and notions and reactions you are have and are thinking, Akrotiri? Is that just some anger floating around in your own mind? Or do you really think that it's an absolute because you think so... And do you have intentions to set the rest of the Provi group straight?

Hmmm.
It's my opinion that provape never adapted to the marketplace and it's my opinion that Bill will not honor all warranties. Thoughts about my notion and reactions are pure fantasy on your part, ofcourse I can be wrong and Bill would honor every warranty but it's my opinion that some would not, that's all. I don't even know what your last sentence/question means, but it's really weird sorry. " And do you have intentions to set the rest of the Provi group straight ?" . All I can say is I respect everyone here and all people. I'm a new Yorker so my typing is like my words. If I come on too strong I apologize to you and anyone else for that.

Thanks, Moonwalker. Interestingly enuf, in the many years of Provari disagreements, there have always been people who don't like the device, or the company.

Why they'd ever want to engage and spend their own precious time coming into a thread for such a company or device is truly beyond most of us.

But so be it.

images

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
I typed and answered in the Quote system by accident.

I just want to be clear that I apologize to anyone here if they got offended by me in any way. I'm a new Yorker and I type the way I speak and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. We all have our diverse opinions and we sre passionate about it. I respect everyone here and offer my help and support in anything vape related.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I typed and answered in the Quote system by accident.

I just want to be clear that I apologize to anyone here if they got offended by me in any way. I'm a new Yorker and I type the way I speak and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. We all have our diverse opinions and we sre passionate about it. I respect everyone here and offer my help and support in anything vape related.

No prob, Akrotiri. I was able to see your reply.

You've not offended me, no, not at all, and I appreciate the NY state of mind very much.

Yes, we do all seem to have our (diverse) opinions on many subjects, and sure, there's passion plus. I only questioned your statements in the hopes of clarifying what you meant. I appreciate your reply, and the respect and help and support.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I would really like to hear the reason why someone thinks that Provape didn't adapted to the market? In which aspects? What kind of a market, which target group are we taliking about?

A lot of people are saying that but clarification would be nice addition to the claims.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I would really like to hear the reason why someone thinks that Provape didn't adapted to the market? In which aspects? What kind of a market, which target group are we taliking about?

A lot of people are saying that but clarification would be nice addition to the claims.
I don't think that they ever wanted to go after the 200-400w subohm market, but I agree that not jumping on even the 50-75w bandwagon a bit earlier wasn't a brilliant decision. The 40-60w Procyon and Radius are great devices but IMO were released a little late.

Who knows? Maybe 15w P3's and Classics sold like hot cakes right up to the end. I dunno how big this market is/will be and how many people are completely happy long term with Nautilus and Kabuki tanks.

I admire everything ProVape stood for, but a 15w device is increasingly becoming less desireable to say the least in the current market.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Brent, I agree Provape was never tarteting the mega-watt crowd. Safety as evidenced by the fact I don't believe one Provari EVER exploded, and incredibly reliability, were the cornerstone of all that was Provape. I'm a tootle-puffer, as are most of Provape's customer base. What I believe really took them down was:

1. The dooming regs doomed Provape to not be in a position to release anything new.
  2. Big as they were, they would not be in a position to pay the outrageous fees to the FDA post the two year Grandfather time frame.
  3. Most who owned a Provari and loved their Provari were very happy with the device(s) they had and didn't see the need to buy more.
  4. Contrary to the discussion above. Provari's were really made in the USA, by workers paid in the USA, with USA wages. Provape could not compete with Chinese made products.
Thus declining sales and the inability to play when the full effect of the regs go into affect, brought the house of Provape down.

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Provape could not compete with Chinese made products.
With all due respect, I disagree with point #4. They were doing quite well, especially the market outside the USA.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
With all due respect, I disagree with point #4. They were doing quite well, especially the market outside the USA.

Vape360 might disagree with you. He's the one who told me the flood of less expensive Chinese mods made it more difficult to compete.

Last edited:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Brent, I agree Provape was never tarteting the mega-watt crowd. Safety as evidenced by the fact I don't believe one Provari EVER exploded, and incredibly reliability, were the cornerstone of all that was Provape. I'm a tootle-puffer, as are most of Provape's customer base. What I believe really took them down was:

1. The dooming regs doomed Provape to not be in a position to release anything new.
  2. Big as they were, they would not be in a position to pay the outrageous fees to the FDA post the two year Grandfather time frame.
  3. Most who owned a Provari and loved their Provari were very happy with the device(s) they had and didn't see the need to buy more.
  4. Contrary to the discussion above. Provari's were really made in the USA, by workers paid in the USA, with USA wages. Provape could not compete with Chinese made products.
Thus declining sales and the inability to play when the full effect of the regs go into affect, brought the house of Provape down.
The end of ProVape, according to Zen (Mike Morgan) anyway: ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Total summary: ...and here are 101 challenges you face going into an uncertain future filled with the FDA, lawsuits, changing markets, Chaos, Strife and an uphILL BATtle to keep going!!!1@1!!!!

Response: <shrug> all of this could be much, much worse. These could all be our problems, but they're not anymore! We're retired bro!

I don't think they were forced out of business. I don't think it was impossible to continue. I just think the owners had a lot more money then when they started their business. Accomplished the American Dream® of running a successful small business (that got pretty big), and then called it a day. We're really comfortable at this point, don't ever have to work unless we want to. And, ya know what, this is not what we want to be doing anymore. Therefore: goodbye!

Sounds reasonable to me. Just sayin'

Super T, ProVape and GG, were the holy trinity that got me off smokes back in 2009/2010. Out of those three, only Imeo is still standing. So it is a good thing that he has transcended human form and become a minor deity at least :)

To state my own opinion I like ProVape and will remember them fondly. I do not believe they owe me anything beyond their products which I chose to purchase and have enjoyed (and stockpiled). One of my daily drivers is still a P3 Ti with Kabuki tank, this is in fact one of my favorite Top 5 mods of all time. The others are all Dicodes or mechs.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The end of ProVape, according to Zen (Mike Morgan) anyway: ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Total summary: ...and here are 101 challenges you face going into an uncertain future filled with the FDA, lawsuits, changing markets, Chaos, Strife and an uphILL BATtle to keep going!!!1@1!!!!

Response: <shrug> all of this could be much, much worse. These could all be our problems, but they're not anymore! We're retired bro!

I don't think they were forced out of business. I don't think it was impossible to continue. I just think the owners had a lot more money then when they started their business. Accomplished the American Dream® of running a successful small business (that got pretty big), and then called it a day. We're really comfortable at this point, don't ever have to work unless we want to. And, ya know what, this is not what we want to be doing anymore. Therefore: goodbye!

Sounds reasonable to me. Just sayin'

Super T, ProVape and GG, were the holy trinity that got me off smokes back in 2009/2010. Out of those three, only Imeo is still standing. So it is a good thing that he has transcended human form and become a minor deity at least :)

To state my own opinion I like ProVape and will remember them fondly. I do not believe they owe me anything beyond their products which I chose to purchase and have enjoyed (and stockpiled). One of my daily drivers is still a P3 Ti with Kabuki tank, this is in fact one of my favorite Top 5 mods of all time. The others are all Dicodes or mechs.
I watched a good chunk of that vid, I like listening to Mike ramble, he had me on the phone one time for about an hour and a half :lol: I can pretty much accept what he said, even on PoVapes own blog when they said the FDA would probably be their demise,they said that if you wanted a device you should buy it by this summer( last year!) meaning last summer. When Mike hinted at the never to be ZNAPro, I got to wondering what was up back then regarding the business.

Lately I've been really digging my Ti P3 in 350 mode with a Kabuki, probably my all time favorite setup.

I actually admire the way they went out a bit, kept their cards close to their chest, gave loyal customers a chance to really load up on devices if they were wise enough to see the writing on the wall, and just closed shop without any fanfare or drama. They had a heck of a good run, and we're smart enough to realize ain't nobody gonna win this thing against the FDA. Once the juice companies all start folding up like a house of cards, there will be no vape scene in the U.S. Of A.

I know a young woman that started a collaboration juice company with the owner of the B&M she works for, and she told me she will probably be shutting down in June of this year, because it will be impossible for them to comply with the product registration process. I wonder how many will survive this callander year?...

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I don't think that they ever wanted to go after the 200-400w subohm market, but I agree that not jumping on even the 50-75w bandwagon a bit earlier wasn't a brilliant decision. The 40-60w Procyon and Radius are great devices but IMO were released a little late.

Who knows? Maybe 15w P3's and Classics sold like hot cakes right up to the end. I dunno how big this market is/will be and how many people are completely happy long term with Nautilus and Kabuki tanks.

I admire everything ProVape stood for, but a 15w device is increasingly becoming less desireable to say the least in the current market.

I still see people every day happily puffing on egos and protanks. Sub ohm cloud chasing isn't a big part of the market like some try to claim.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Vape360 might disagree with you. He's the one who told me the flood of less expensive Chinese mods made it more difficult to compete.

Don't forget the multi million dollar settlement they had to pay comifornia over the missing prop 65 label on their liquid. That came out of Phil and David's pockets and cut into their profit.

Oh and welcome back Rod.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Don't forget the multi million dollar settlement they had to pay comifornia over the missing prop 65 label on their liquid. That came out of Phil and David's pockets and cut into their profit.

Oh and welcome back Rod.

That sucked and thanks for the welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread