• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
***? I go away for a couple of weeks to have fun in Turkey and I get back and... everything has changed? WHY? What the feck is going on here...old man grumbles..can't use the new tech...had to log in with a new password..***? How do I get the stuff I used to get from the simple "Settings" tab? Where do I find "Today's Posts"? I'm crawling around in despair - it's a fecking ugly truck, this new thing. About as user-friendly as a slide rule.

You should have been able to sign in with your old details no problem, and once you get used to it, it's quite a useful forum, some things are different. If you look at the Top r/h side you'll see your name next to Inbox and Alerts click on your name will bring up all the preferences etc, under that you will see your avatar click on your name there will take you to your profile page where you can see latest posts etc.

If you read from about page 315, there are other tips on what we have found how to get on with the new i/f

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
You should have been able to sign in with your old details no problem, and once you get used to it, it's quite a useful forum, some things are different. If you look at the Top r/h side you'll see your name next to Inbox and Alerts click on your name will bring up all the preferences etc, under that you will see your avatar click on your name there will take you to your profile page where you can see latest posts etc.

If you read from about page 315, there are other tips on what we have found how to get on with the new i/f

Thanks Bob - I'm sure that it's just culture shock. :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
***? I go away for a couple of weeks to have fun in Turkey and I get back and... everything has changed? WHY? What the feck is going on here...old man grumbles..can't use the new tech...had to log in with a new password..***? How do I get the stuff I used to get from the simple "Settings" tab? Where do I find "Today's Posts"? I'm crawling around in despair - it's a fecking ugly truck, this new thing. About as user-friendly as a slide rule.

Feel your pain! We were groping around a few days ago too! ...still finding things!
Think we may get another colour choice some time soon.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I think I may have said "vivid pink". What I meant to say was "bilious salmon". Whatever it is it makes me puke. :)
Ah Bilious Salmon is more apt - was looking for the Vivid Pink for a minute! :laugh:

I do agree on the colour aspect, and I suspect that where these little 'gizmos' are concerned, the colour of those may not change ..that nightmare lime green on the 'mood' whatsit isn't at all artistic in my sense of the word! ;)

Suppose it is what it is ...even my favourite 'rolleyes' is a cartoon character now! :rolleyes:

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Add it to the cart and use the code SMY50W
Ah right, so with the discount about $7.00 cheaper than FT. Reckon i will just wait till FT has it, and the Kangxin in stock, and get`em both from there. :)

Don`t ask me pipe, i`m still getting used to it myself. :laugh:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Ah right, so with the discount about $7.00 cheaper than FT. Reckon i will just wait till FT has it, and the Kangxin in stock, and get`em both from there. :)

Don`t ask me pipe, i`m still getting used to it myself. :laugh:

Thanks Terry. I thought I was at a "My Little Pony" party for a minute. Who pays the creative that comes up with this colour? (a) It's a shade of red, and therefore not relaxing (b) It's enough to make you lose your lunch (c) it's unnecessary. What's wrong with words on a white background? Frankly if it's going to go down the "kiddie" road I'll probably read something else.

Reactions: terry w

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just had the grape Zotz from NT, loved the shell, the sherbet centre was YUK :laugh:
That's my favourite part! :laugh:

Frankly if it's going to go down the "kiddie" road I'll probably read something else.
But, just think! ...the company in here is so good, it's worth ignoring the décor? :)

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Thanks Terry. I thought I was at a "My Little Pony" party for a minute. Who pays the creative that comes up with this colour? (a) It's a shade of red, and therefore not relaxing (b) It's enough to make you lose your lunch (c) it's unnecessary. What's wrong with words on a white background? Frankly if it's going to go down the "kiddie" road I'll probably read something else.
I must be missing something here pipe ! Is it the text and background you refer to ? Cos on my lappy it`s just a plain white background with black text. !!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I must be missing something here pipe ! Is it the text and background you refer to ? Cos on my lappy it`s just a plain white background with black text. !!

I think he is talking about the quote box ^^^^^^ it's a sort of weak salmon colur background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread