Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
just looked at mine from FT.. exactly the same.. I didn't notice any huge difference in performance though, but I did only try two.. maybe with the M's and MS's better AFC it won't be an issue.

I cannot tell a difference in the performance between the fasttech coils and the "originals" I received.
The outer package looks exactly the same. The FT coils are in cellophane. The "originals" are in plastic.
All of the FT coils have the short chimney. The "originals" I received were a mixture of short chimney and no chimney.
The FT bottom air holes are slightly smaller and the channel the air hole sits in is not as deep as the originals. I have not had to adjust the airflow with the FT coils.

All in GS Airs
3 original coils lasted 17, 15, and 9 days apiece.
The corresponding FT coils are now on day 6, 9, and 8.

I did have 1 FT coil that blew immediately and jumped to 3.1 ohms after 2 or 3 puffs. My opinion is that stuff happens - not a specific FT problem.
And 2 of the GS Airs had bad coils in them from the beginning.

So I am still happy with the GS Airs and the coil life and so far the FT coils are fine.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I cannot tell a difference in the performance between the Fasttech coils and the "originals" I received.
The outer package looks exactly the same. The FT coils are in cellophane. The "originals" are in plastic.
All of the FT coils have the short chimney. The "originals" I received were a mixture of short chimney and no chimney.
The FT bottom air holes are slightly smaller and the channel the air hole sits in is not as deep as the originals. I have not had to adjust the airflow with the FT coils.

All in GS Airs
3 original coils lasted 17, 15, and 9 days apiece.
The corresponding FT coils are now on day 6, 9, and 8.

I did have 1 FT coil that blew immediately and jumped to 3.1 ohms after 2 or 3 puffs. My opinion is that stuff happens - not a specific FT problem.
And 2 of the GS Airs had bad coils in them from the beginning.

So I am still happy with the GS Airs and the coil life and so far the FT coils are fine.
Very cool! Good to know.

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
Hummm don't know where Lost's quote went, sucked into a failed multi quote sphere somewhere.

Hey thanks for noticing I was bobbin face down in the kiddie pool. :) Nope been busier than a one legged man in a shat kickin contest. But finally got GranPaw Wayne moved completely from Wonderful Robbins Jawga to the marshside. Have neglected alot of work in the process but more importantly missed most of you good people here! :) It's looking like it may take a day or two WEEKS to catch up on the threads I cantaminate.

Quick note to LostVapeMonster & LynnNC
I haven't forgotten about sending yall some moonberry, and a M to you Lost. Lynn since I been so busy I went on and sent you a couple of 20 watters and will redo the others when I get caught up from my moving (someone else) jetlag. :)

Last edited:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Hey thanks for noticing I was bobbin face down in the kiddie pool. :) Nope been busier than a one legged man in a shat kickin contest. But finally got GranPaw Wayne moved completely from Wonderful Robbins Jawga to the marshside. Have neglected alot of work in the process but more importantly missed most of you good people here! :) It's looking like it may take a day or two WEEKS to catch up on the threads I cantaminate.

I haven't forgotten about sending yall some moonberry, and a M to you Lost. Lynn since I been so busy I went on and sent you a couple of 20 watters and will redo the others when I get caught up from my moving (someone else) jetlag. :)
It's cool Mud! Glad you're back!! I missed you!! No one here to argue with...:)

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona

Alert the media!
Hide the Money!
Mud is Back!

2004.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid!​

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
MUD!!!! You really didn't have to do that you know!! I could have waited for you to fix my original isticks!! Thank you!!! :)
Your quite welcome lady, and Im not sure how long it's gonna take me to crazy glue and duct tape the originals back together after their trip through the garbage disposal ;)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Your quite welcome lady, and Im not sure how long it's gonna take me to crazy glue and duct tape the originals back together after their trip through the garbage disposal ;)
As long as they work that's all that matters! The new duct tape out now may look interesting! Lol But...I was looking forward to the Moonberry....;)

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
As long as they work that's all that matters! The new duct tape out now may look interesting! Lol But...I was looking forward to the Moonberry....;)
Actually I been using your black one with an o-ring I already had in it, it's to thick and makes atties sit high and not even close to touching, I don't like the looks and have some thin ones inbound to try.
Oh Intend for you to try it, I wasn't thunking and made a batch at 24mg I need to make you and lost some a little lighter. :)

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
I was wrong. Two days ago, in a burst of pent-up exuberance, fueled by a nearly four week wait for some Fasttech trinkets, I sped from the mailbox to my modest collection of GS Airs and Ms, tore out the eleaf atomizer coils, and replaced two of them with FT KloneKoilz, hereinafter kks. I wrote about the much tighter draw these produced. The austerity of airflow was troubling.

One small but significant problem:
I was wrong. :(. Once the kks had enough time to absorb juice, the airflow became nearly indistinguisable from that of eleaf coils.

Earlier this morning I was trudging through an essay about economic policy debates in the context of the upcoming British elections, written by a Nobel Prize winning economist. It shamed me into this confession—It is very difficult to tell the difference between the coils, if one has just a little patience. Let the ft coils soak up juice, and they will perform very well.

"By about two years ago, then, the entire edifice of austerian economics had crumbled. Events had utterly failed to play out as the austerians predicted, while the academic research that allegedly supported the doctrine had withered under scrutiny. Hardly anyone has admitted being wrong – hardly anyone ever does, on any subject – but quite a few prominent austerians now deny having said what they did, in fact, say."

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I am
I was wrong. Two days ago, in a burst of pent-up exuberance, fueled by a nearly four week wait for some Fasttech trinkets, I sped from the mailbox to my modest collection of GS Airs and Ms, tore out the eleaf atomizer coils, and replaced two of them with FT KloneKoilz, hereinafter kks. I wrote about the much tighter draw these produced. The austerity of airflow was troubling.

One small but significant problem:
I was wrong. :(. Once the kks had enough time to absorb juice, the airflow became nearly indistinguisable from that of eleaf coils.

Earlier this morning I was trudging through an essay about economic policy debates in the context of the upcoming British elections, written by a Nobel Prize winning economist. It shamed me into this confession—It is very difficult to tell the difference between the coils, if one has just a little patience. Let the ft coils soak up juice, and they will perform very well.

"By about two years ago, then, the entire edifice of austerian economics had crumbled. Events had utterly failed to play out as the austerians predicted, while the academic research that allegedly supported the doctrine had withered under scrutiny. Hardly anyone has admitted being wrong – hardly anyone ever does, on any subject – but quite a few prominent austerians now deny having said what they did, in fact, say."
I am thrilled to hear the FT coils came through! I always put a couple of drops of liquid down the coil chimney prior to reassembly
and have never had to wait for it "prime."

As far as economic policies go...

This is the truth of it all, in a nutshell, by a genius!​

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
Mud, or anyone really...what size O rings do I need to put on the center pin of the new 20Watters I just got to keep the same thing from happening? I have to go to Lowe's today to get some plants.

I'm working on figurin that out now, the standard ones I have been using while they do work make the atty not able to sit down tight to the iStick. I realize that it is purely aesthetic but most of you already know i'm mildly insane so I am looking for the perfect solution to both stop the dreaded short condition and still allow the atty to sit pretty. I will send you a few of the ones I have on the way now if they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread