Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
For Comparison purposes hopefully some one will post Yihi's published warranty here also. (for comparison I searched Yihi's web site ..yihiecigar,sx350,Yihi SX350,dna30 30W chip,SX350 35W chip Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited .. and could not find a warranty statement) Here is Evolv's warranty.

From Evolv's web site: Evolv LLC - Limited Warranty

Evolv product Limited Warranty
Evolv provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of an Evolv product’s purchased from an authorized Evolv reseller. Evolv warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 90 days (1 year for dna products) commencing on the date of purchase.

Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.

In general, this warranty means your Evolv product will operate in accordance with published technical specifications and in the operating environment for which it was intended for the length of the warranty period.

Remedies
Evolv's entire liability and your exclusive remedy for your Evolv product that is not operating in accordance with its published technical specifications is to repair or replace the product at Evolv's expense. This warranty obligation is conditioned upon the hardware being returned to Evolv or another place as directed by Evolv, with the original sales receipt and completed RMA form attached. You may be required to pay shipping and handling charges, as well as any applicable tariffs, duties, taxes, or other fees. Evolv may, at its discretion, provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned to Evolv.

Any repaired or replacement hardware will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period.

Exclusions
This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

• Wear and tear associated with normal use
  • Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
  • Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any product instructions
  • Cracked, broken, or otherwise damaged display (OLED)
  • Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Returning Your Product
In the event that you need to return your Evolv product for repair, Evolv will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization Form as well as return instructions. Do not return your product without prior approval from Evolv. Any product returned without a valid RMA Form will be refused and returned to the sender at the sender's expense.

Request a Return Material Authorization Form
To request an RMA Form email Evolv at helpdesk@evolvapor.com or use the 'Contact Us' link provided on this website

© 2015 Evolv LLC • PrivacyTermsWarranty

Last edited:
Reactions: Steamer861

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
For Comparison purposes hopefully some one will post Yihi's published warranty here also. Here is Evolv's warranty.

From Evolv's web site: Evolv LLC - Limited Warranty

Evolv product Limited Warranty
Evolv provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of an Evolv product’s purchased from an authorized Evolv reseller. Evolv warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 90 days (1 year for dna products) commencing on the date of purchase.

Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.

In general, this warranty means your Evolv product will operate in accordance with published technical specifications and in the operating environment for which it was intended for the length of the warranty period.

Remedies
Evolv's entire liability and your exclusive remedy for your Evolv product that is not operating in accordance with its published technical specifications is to repair or replace the product at Evolv's expense. This warranty obligation is conditioned upon the hardware being returned to Evolv or another place as directed by Evolv, with the original sales receipt and completed RMA form attached. You may be required to pay shipping and handling charges, as well as any applicable tariffs, duties, taxes, or other fees. Evolv may, at its discretion, provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned to Evolv.

Any repaired or replacement hardware will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period.

Exclusions
This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

• Wear and tear associated with normal use
  • Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
  • Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any product instructions
  • Cracked, broken, or otherwise damaged display (OLED)
  • Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Returning Your Product
In the event that you need to return your Evolv product for repair, Evolv will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization Form as well as return instructions. Do not return your product without prior approval from Evolv. Any product returned without a valid RMA Form will be refused and returned to the sender at the sender's expense.

To request an RMA Form email Evolv at helpdesk@evolvapor.com or use the 'Contact Us' link provided on this website

© 2015 Evolv LLC • PrivacyTermsWarranty

I had already read their warranty prior to posting the question. But it only is in reference to the products they sell in this case the dna 40 board.

My question is once their board is installed into a Hcigar, Hana, Vapor Flask, Vapor Shark etc. and that vendor provides for example a 30 day warranty in the case of Hcigar. Who does the repair and who pays for it once out of warranty of the vendor? Will Evolv disassemble these devices and repair them or will they only replace the board to the original purchaser and the rest is left in the customers hands? I don't see that they state this anywhere.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I think your question is answered in the Warranty but you could probably contact Evolv for further clarification. I know in the past some have sent a device to Evolv for board replacement. And if you don't mind could you post Yihi's warranty for comparison or let me know where to find it?

I read it again and don't really see an answer to my question. Perhaps if your seeing it you could grab that section and post it for me please? As for Yihi I haven't seen an electronic version other than what's posted on vendor sites. But there is a picture of the warranty / registration card that comes with the devices somewhere in the other thread.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
That does pose a good question I assumed that if it was a non-chip issue that the manufacturer of the device was fixed by them.
From what I'm making is the that the distributors "modders" Vapor Flask, Hana, VaporShark etc.. that purchase the board do receive a 1 yr warranty from Evolv on the boards. However since these vendors all have different warranty's of their own on the completed device it would be up to their discretion on if they charged the customer or not if the board had to be replaced after their warranty period or if they had an additional warranty regarding just the electronics which I've not ever heard of. Which could leave the customer holding the sack IMO.

Reactions: Shigura

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I read it again and don't really see an answer to my question. Perhaps if your seeing it you could grab that section and post it for me please? As for Yihi I haven't seen an electronic version other than what's posted on vendor sites. But there is a picture of the warranty / registration card that comes with the devices somewhere in the other thread.
From the warranty: (in part)

Remedies

Returning Your Product

To request an RMA Form email Evolv athelpdesk@evolvapor.comor use the 'Contact Us' link provided on this website

Probably an interpretation (clarification) could easily be answered by Evolv. One could use the "contact us" link highlighted above or this link from their web site....Help Desk - Submit a ticket.

I think to subjectively compare warranties we really need to have both posted here.

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Maybe a bit off topic, but I think this is the best place to post this... feel free to correct me if you feel this is not a strictly technology comparison post and you would rather not see it here. What is the best build for those (like me) that have both Evolve and YiHi devices and want the best compromise build that allows changing attys between devices? Since both are arguably similar temp control devices I would love to hear from those that have both and have found a happy medium, build wise, that works well on both devices.

I currently built to around .12 and have had good results on both devices with the same atty, but there might be a better compromise others have found. If so, I would love to hear from you regarding your experience.

I have also found the ST mini nickel coils, mine currently running at .18, have been working very well on either mod. I set temp to 410 and25watts on the DNA and 400 26joules on the SX350J and both seem to perform very nicely without any unexpected behavior. The DNA temp limits on longer draws, and the SX rarely goes above 360F. All in all, very good vapes from both.

1.2 oHms is the borderline high end where I noticed a bit of temperature variation in my SX Mini depending on how wet/dry the coil is but I doubt most people would care. I get the type of consistent temperature I prefer on the SX Mini between .05–.08 oHms, 10–25 watts, 370°–430°. I haven't gotten around to checking higher temps/watts on the SX Mini yet because I personally don't care for that type of vape.

Both of my two rDNA 40s produce deadly consistent temps at any oHms it can fire at .4 oHms or below (haven't tried to build higher than that), between 10–40 watts, 380°–450°. I usually build .2+ oHms for the rDNA40s because I can use those coils on my SX 350 50 watt mods with no TP.

I've gotten one hugely overpowered initial hit from my SX Mini using a .16 oHm OCC Subtank coil and a .32 oHm build on my Magma. Both instances happened after the SX Mini had been sitting unused for a lengthy period of time. After the initial unpleasant hit both toppers vaped as expected on both the SX Mini and an rDNA40.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
As for the warranty my understanding is it just depends on who you purchased your DNA product from.

Technonut posted information he received from Brandon at Evolv concerning board warranty replacement for an Evolv chip that is beyond the manufacturer's warranty. Evolv will honor the 1 year warranty but it must be removed from the device.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Technonut posted information he received from Brandon at Evolv concerning board warranty replacement for an Evolv chip that is beyond the manufacturer's warranty. Evolv will honor the 1 year warranty but it must be removed from the device.

Thanks for linking that and answering the question. So if I'm reading it correctly it would really be up to the vendor discretion, and their warranty but Evolv would honor the 1 yr if the board was removed from the device prior to being shipped in.

Quoting Technonut "The board will need to be removed from the device before sending it in. I assume that Evolv's general RMA procedure would be followed."

Guess that would be ok for someone that was competent and able to solder etc.. but for many that would be a big problem for them.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Thanks for linking that and answering the question. So if I'm reading it correctly it would really be up to the vendor discretion, and their warranty but Evolv would honor the 1 yr if the board was removed from the device prior to being shipped in.

Quoting Technonut "The board will need to be removed from the device before sending it in. I assume that Evolv's general RMA procedure would be followed."

Guess that would be ok for someone that was competent and able to solder etc.. but for many that would be a big problem for them.
Right especially for me who hasn't done anything in that nature and is mostly spooked about trying to lol. So unfortunately for me and my HB dna 40 I would have to leave it up to where I bought it from, VaporDNA was my vendor at the time of purchase. Even though I've given it its lumps and still working as great as its first fire. That case would be for me when the regular warranty runs its course and if that particular chip failed after it but still under Evolv's warranty.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Since we are discussing warranties I have been "googling" vendors sites to see how varied the vendor's' warranties are. Found this "mod design" site that builds custom mods per order. They build DNA and SX mods.... but what I picked up on was their warranty....

Warranty | VaporLips Custom Box Mods

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Since we are discussing warranties I have been "googling" vendors sites to see how varied the vendor's' warranties are. Found this "mod design" site that builds custom mods per order. They build DNA and SX mods.... but what I picked up on was their warranty....

Warranty | VaporLips Custom Box Mods
Thats a nice find would be right up my alley if I were in the market for another device. Also if I wanted to have some custom work and be a bit unique next to anothers. But of course anything that happens to it would still come at a cost if I broke it due to user error which isn't all that bad for one unwilling to work on repair.

Being as it may I've seen some interesting things come and go that people have made and it does pique my interest. So I guess now if my devices fail and things go south I could learn to tinker on my existing boxes and attempt a "build" from an existing hardware non-chip wise.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Right now to be honest I don't see a mod using either board I would spend my money on again. I have had the rDna40, Hana, VF, H Cigar and similar but not a SX350J IPV4 and have used a friends mini. I know this is a discussion on which board is better and they are both great boards but there isn't a mod that has these chips in it that doesn't have some sort of flaws with the mod etc. I am still waiting for that one mod to rule them all and haven't seen it yet. I'm sure next week something new will come out.

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Waiting for the perfect mod is like waiting for the ultimate gaming computer... Not going to happen.

I say use what you can buy and according to your commitment to the vaping scene.

Either you are a conservative user and you can buy something that works without thinking about it twice and that will keep you off the stinkies or you're one of those tech geeks that takes this more like a hobby then just a way to keep of smokes and are happy tinkering and playing with cutting edge technology no matter how 'experimental' it is.

My two cents

Tony

Ps: I consider myself the latter.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Oh btw retird I want to thank you for posting that website for the custom built mods, vaporlips.com. I tested the waters abit just to see what kind of cost I would be looking at if I was in the market for another mod. They responded rather quickly with the quote and looks to me that getting hold of them is hassle-free. Instead of the usual 24hr response time as most do. Price is quite high depending on choices but thats to be expected but that warranty tho.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Only a relative few DNA40 boards in the grand scheme of things have the atty lock feature. But even without it and refinement active, you can reproduce the same thing on a DNA40 in about the same time-frame as that post Retird cited with the SX350J. It's those longer periods where refinement tends to bite you in the .....

I think refinement was a good idea, but poorly implemented in the DNA40, because all it does is change the resistance calculations, but doesn't prompt the user to adjust temps or wattage to match, so quite a few of us get nasty surprises when the calculated resistance drops (and it usually does drop, not climb). I've gotten into the habit of checking my display before taking a hit on a DNA40 device that's been sitting for more than an hour, just to make sure my previous resistance hasn't changed, and adjusting settings accordingly, thanks to strong negative conditioning when I didn't do this. Or simply prompting it to allow me to select "New Coil" by unscrewing, firing open atomizer, and re-screwing.

You could pull a Dr. Retird and say it's the user's fault for building poorly or not having the initial temps in sync that lead to getting that weak or burnt hit later, but that's fallacious at best, since a lot of the chronic problems that stem from an active refinement is due to ambients dropping or climbing, not poor builds or a bad initial baseline. Personally I'd rather have control over the process myself.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Oh btw retird I want to thank you for posting that website for the custom built mods, vaporlips.com. I tested the waters abit just to see what kind of cost I would be looking at if I was in the market for another mod. They responded rather quickly with the quote and looks to me that getting hold of them is hassle-free. Instead of the usual 24hr response time as most do. Price is quite high depending on choices but thats to be expected but that warranty tho.

I looked at their site a bit. Seems they're pretty new in the building business and just reaching out to the market. And while the "Lifetime Warranty" looks nice on print the reality is it's not the Lifetime of the device but rather the lifetime they are in business.

Not bashing on them at all it looks like they do decent craftsmanship and all. But I don't see anywhere that they have a B&M or business address. Best guess is custom modders working from spare room or garage. Which again nothing wrong with that. It just leaves the question how long is "Lifetime"?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Read the following post in another thread.... interesting.... it reminded me of what "refinement" does in the DNA. For comparison the DNA has a Refinement function that can be turned off and the SX does not incorporate a refinement process.

SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

When working with atty's & ni200 there is a 10 - 15 min sitting period you should let both devices become the same temperature. It's nothing like what refinement did periodically at any given time throughout the day and making the user adjust their device to match the new "refinement" settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread