New Kangxin 50W TC device - Mini VF KX-50D: single 18650; LED torch; USB charge; multiple colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Great stuff, glad you're liking it! And nothing in the manual indicating any possible way to disable the always-on light?
Still putting my money that its the LED light from the firing button thats reflecting outward. I mean look at a picture of the internals, nothing separating it from the lens. Its just gotta be the case since the firing button glows blue when pressed :facepalm:.

On a side note I'm down to 2 TC mods now since my VS rDNA40 has to be sent back. So with this on its way and my custom mod being built. I'm gonna miss that lovely mod til it comes back papa :cry:!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Shigura: yeah you're probably right!

Nailz: awesome, thanks for the great pics, especially the size compare. And I completely agree re the USB, it's a rookie mistake at this point in time. That said, maybe it's harder to get the DC charger board in that position on a single battery mod? In the real VF, they put that board between the two batteries, maybe there's less room in a single battery chassis? But yeah that's still a weak excuse, I'm sure it must be fairly easy if they tried.

Could you show a couple of pics of the other sides as well, buttons/screen etc? I've still not seen this LED in the fire button for example (maybe I overlooked it in the stock photos.)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Sure can ;)

cBM4P92.jpg

Bottom
    NIzw5KS.jpg

Side with buttons and screen
    9JNZ7X4.jpg

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    Thanks a lot!

And oh yeah I see that fire LED now. Yeah I see what you guys mean now, it totally could be that light shining internally up through the top cap. In which case I suppose it might not be too hard to fix? Bit of black tape in the right place, to separate the two internally?
    Yea quite possibly but I think I'll leave as is when it comes in. Won't bother me a bit unless I'm trying to sneak around a night lol.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Any feedback on how it handles TEMP control? Does the ohms stay steady?

That is one part I can not test, don't have any TC coils or wire.

One improvement I like over the full size Kangxin Vapor Flask, if you don't vape it for a while, it doesn't ask you if new coil or same like the full size flask, just press fire button and vape, no delay :)

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    That is one part I can not test, don't have any TC coils or wire.

One improvement I like over the full size Kangxin Vapor Flask, if you don't vape it for a while, it doesn't ask you if new coil or same like the full size flask, just press fire button and vape, no delay :)
    Absolutely, there should be no reason why it should ask that everytime unless of course switching attys around. Unless trying to force a new reading, and my dna 40s didn't do it all willy nilly.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    That's great news! Shigura there was every reason to think this chip would do that, because every Kangxin chip before now has had that issue. Ie the ones in the Kangxin and Waidea Flasks.

Great to hear that's fixed
    Most definitely as I have never purchased the VF clones at all, almost did but backed out and bought this ....ty VS clone back in April. Apparently this week isn't my week for my TC mods as now my 2nd one has gone wonkdified. To be clear tho its that stupid VS rDNA40 clone I bought instead of the VF clone and after all this time its giving me the finger as to why gearbest pulled them from sale. Of course it had to happen most likely beyond their return and warranty period too. Plus just sent my authentic VS rDNA40 to vaporshark with its uncommon issue, battery drain while not in use. Ah oh well my HB40 is getting tons of love as its the last man standing. So now i'm more anxious for my Mini VF to come in as it hit USDORF yesterday morning. Won't be long but if I lose my HB40 imma lose my .... for real lol.

Reactions: TheBloke

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So @Nailz , just so I'm completely clear - you can pick up the Mini VF after leaving it for, say, a couple of hours, hold down fire and get vapour immediately? No need to press fire once to wake it up, and again to read resistance/fire it?

Well I never left it for more than a hour last night, but just got home from work, fired it after being left all day, it did come up with a welcome message but did not have to tell it if was a new coil or not like the full size flask. Not sure how long it would have to be left before you get that welcome message, but sure is longer though, which I much prefer, that is the one thing that annoys me with the full size flask, having to keep telling it same coil when not fired for about 30 minutes.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    Well I never left it for more than a hour last night, but just got home from work, fired it after being left all day, it did come up with a welcome message but did not have to tell it if was a new coil or not like the full size flask. Not sure how long it would have to be left before you get that welcome message, but sure is longer though, which I much prefer, that is the one thing that annoys me with the full size flask, having to keep telling it same coil when not fired for about 30 minutes.
    From what your saying its becoming more like a real bonified dna 40. Granted its 50w now and they made the clone into their chip. But once again, its looking to become a perfect mimic to the dna 40 that they initially cloned in the first place, great stuff!

Reactions: Nailz

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    Now, did it fire the coil right away or did it wait until welcome screen went away and the fired, or was it instantaneous?

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Now, did it fire the coil right away or did it wait until welcome screen went away and the fired, or was it instantaneous?

I will test that next time it has the welcome message as I call it.

Will note, I just went out for a hour and half, didn't take the mini VF with me, but when I got back, it fired straight away, so it is a long time before it goes into sleep mode.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    I will test that next time it has the welcome message as I call it.

Will note, I just went out for a hour and half, didn't take the mini VF with me, but when I got back, it fired straight away, so it is a long time before it goes into sleep mode.
    Thanks for the feedback @Nailz, the way you are describing things it is behaving very similar to the dNA40. That's great to hear.

Reactions: Nailz

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    The summary of how these devices can be would be as follows:

1. Earlier Kangxin/Waidea clones: You leave it for X minutes (full sleep). When returning, a press of fire will display the welcome message, and the screen will show 0.00 resistance. Now you have to press fire again to see resistance. And/or you could hold fire to vape. This is called the "double-tap from sleep" - you can't just pick it up after a while and hold fire and get vapour, because that first Fire will only show welcome and the resistance will be reading 0.00. Another fire is required.
    2. Genuine, and the new Infinite 40-60W cloned board (Flasks, Zero clones, etc): You leave it for X minutes (full sleep). When returning you just pick it up and hold fire and get vapour. Resistance never shows as 0.00.

Would be great if you could confirm if it's exactly like either of those, or if it's yet different again - like you already said it does show a welcome message, so that sounds like 1, but maybe you can still hold fire to vape and so the welcome message isn't so important? Another way to ask the same question is - after it's been asleep and you hit fire, does it immediately show a resistance or does it show resistance as 0.00?

Regarding the New Coil message, I don't usually have to say that on my Waidea despite it not having the proper sleep - but I do have to press fire twice from sleep. So it not asking 'New Coil' wouldn't be an improvement over the Waidea, but perhaps is over earlier Kangxin flasks?

My guess is it's probably like 1. But the fact that sleep doesn't seem to happen for >30 minutes is itself an improvement I'm sure.

Oh, here's another test: Next time you're going to be leaving it for a few hours, could you try locking it first? Full lock, fire-five-times. Then leave it and when you come back to it X hours later, can you see if it's still locked?

A second impact of the Kangxin/Waidea devices not having a proper sleep is that they also don't stay locked. You lock it and leave it, and when it sleeps it basically just resets (hence re-appearance of welcome message), and this loses the lock status.

Thanks!

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    ok without actually timing it with a stopwatch, I think deep sleep is 2 hours, then it is like @TheBloke #1 above, you get the welcome message, if just keep holding the fire button nothing happens, if release and then press again it will fire, but doesn't ask if new coil or same, so still prefer it over the full size Kangxin flask chip.

I will try locking it next to see what happens when left for a few hours.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread