Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I cycled through some of the more famous coconuts like
the over-hyped FA Coconut (hardly any taste at 5%, not there at 8.5%, weird at 12%),
TPA's Coconut Extra (missing most mid-high notes, at least it's strong indeed, weird additions detected like bitter almond?) and
TPA's Coconut Candy (nice as an addon, cannot stand on it's own: extremely sweet, missing lower notes).

I have yet to try Capella's & Decadent Vapours' but I think I'll be sticking to the my humble good old Inawera Coconut as my base.
However I remember reading that they have changed it now? Mine's from 2013. Does it need more dosage, was the taste altered significantly?

What about the Shisha one, how does it compare?
Any other suggestions for a rich full-bodied Coconut?
The newer Coconut would be stronger than the original. I have great results adding 4 drops of flavoring with the Koncentrat line. Now I want to vape the Coconut again. :D

Reactions: kalligator

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I cycled through some of the more famous coconuts like
the over-hyped FA Coconut (hardly any taste at 5%, not there at 8.5%, weird at 12%),
TPA's Coconut Extra (missing most mid-high notes, at least it's strong indeed, weird additions detected like bitter almond?) and
TPA's Coconut Candy (nice as an addon, cannot stand on it's own: extremely sweet, missing lower notes).

I have yet to try Capella's & Decadent Vapours' but I think I'll be sticking to the my humble good old Inawera Coconut as my base.
However I remember reading that they have changed it now? Mine's from 2013. Does it need more dosage, was the taste altered significantly?

What about the Shisha one, how does it compare?
Any other suggestions for a rich full-bodied Coconut?

I've tried the Hangsen, INW koko koncentrat, and INW shisha coconut... The hangsen was very weak, not at all realistic. The 2 INW coconuts, actually I was kinda torn between them; I've tried the shisha coconut more, and it's pretty good, but the INW koko or kokos koncentrat has a lot going for it. I think the shisha may be more costly, so maybe try out the other one first?

Andria

kalligator

Jan 23, 2013
Greece
The newer Coconut would be stronger than the original. I have great results adding 4 drops of flavoring with the Koncentrat line. Now I want to vape the Coconut again. :D
That's great news then, considering I was expecting the opposite!
Vaping (the old) inw coconut right now, this is dream flavor isn't it? But I think there's still a little something missing.

I've tried the Hangsen, INW koko koncentrat, and INW shisha coconut... The hangsen was very weak, not at all realistic. The 2 INW coconuts, actually I was kinda torn between them; I've tried the shisha coconut more, and it's pretty good, but the INW koko or kokos koncentrat has a lot going for it. I think the shisha may be more costly, so maybe try out the other one first?
Thanks for the info. Shisha flavors are a somewhat weaker in my experience so given that it's similar in taste and more expensive I think I'll go for the large (100ml) regular one directly on my next order.

I have another question about vanillas. Is there a similar one to TPA's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream?
I've got the vanilla bourbon (loving it!), vanilla tahiti (not loving it), vanilla for pipe (dull) and shisha (good generic vanilla but remains weak no matter how much you add).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimi D.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I wonder if adding a little Biscuit or Cocopilada would give the e-aromat coconut more depth. There's also that new Yummy coconut macaroon flavor.
I overlooked the Yummy coconut macaroon flavor. Dang it ! Next time.

I just whipped up some Mieta (mint) and Lemon Koncentrat. This is so bright and tasty. It's going to be a great summer vape. :)

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Got a few of the new flavors this week and mixed up Cherimoya, Eggnog and Waffle. So good! The Cherimoya tastes like creamy pineapple and has more of a good pineapple taste than their other plain pineapples. Eggnog and Waffle are very good stand-alones too but I was dripping the eggnog and decided to try some waffle with it...holy shizz! It tastes like an vanilla ice cream waffle sandwich. So happy. :)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Got a few of the new flavors this week and mixed up Cherimoya, Eggnog and Waffle. So good! The Cherimoya tastes like creamy pineapple and has more of a good pineapple taste than their other plain pineapples. Eggnog and Waffle are very good stand-alones too but I was dripping the eggnog and decided to try some waffle with it...holy shizz! It tastes like an vanilla ice cream waffle sandwich. So happy. :)
Cherimoya sounds delish Rebecca. And another flavor I have to try :D These Yummy flavors are so good. I'm surprised U.S. vendors don't carry these yet.

Reactions: glasseye

Pokepie

Mar 28, 2015
Colorado
I got the coconut cookie in and after reading years worth posts from you two I'd say yea you need this one. And even though most of what I vape is tobacco's the waffle is spectacular. I'd kill for a realistic maple syrup for that one. The eggnog was curious for us. The macaroon and waffle are damn near shake and vapes. The eggnog made at the same time was tasteless. Waffle goes to 60ml we're lovin it. Finally today my wife tries the eggnog again and BAM! eggnog explosion and she drains the mix in an hour. It must have been good but I can't say because she wouldn't let it go. Oh well, guess I'm making more tomorrow.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Just got dark for pipe. A quick shake & vape and can tell this one is going to the top of the keepers list. Dark rum tobacco with an interesting wood smoke thing going on. One bottle drop in 3ml has plenty of flavor for me, though I have worked those percentages down over my years of vaping.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Just got dark for pipe. A quick shake & vape and can tell this one is going to the top of the keepers list. Dark rum tobacco with an interesting wood smoke thing going on. One bottle drop in 3ml has plenty of flavor for me, though I have worked those percentages down over my years of vaping.

Dark for Pipe and Dark Tobacco are both at the top of my list to try. I just wish BC would get some nic in.

I've read a couple reviews on the Dark Tobacco. Anyone else using it?

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have both dark and black for pipe and think they are awesome. I am not much of a tobacco vaper so take it for what it is worth. I like both mixed solo at about 3% I have tried a few tobaccos and these are the best so far. Have tried
fa desert ship
HS Virginia
HS elder captain
Seedmans captain black and cognac - liked these
Inawera vanilla for pipe and burley- decent
And I have 4 or 5 other tobaccos like flue cured and black honey that I thought were nasty

Black and dark are head and shoulders above these to me. I find them sweet on the inhale with a very tobacco type flavor that lingers after exhale. I suck at descriptions so I will leave it at that. But they definitely aren't dry or hay like.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I have both dark and black for pipe and think they are awesome. ..................... I find them sweet on the inhale with a very tobacco type flavor that lingers after exhale. I suck at descriptions so I will leave it at that. But they definitely aren't dry or hay like.

Sounds good. I think I had dark tobacco on my list before and forgot about it for some reason (old age would be my guess lol).

I'm wondering what's going on with BC and nic though. Anyone else notice that nic has disappeared off the menu?

Edit: Story is here: DIY E-Liquid Supplies

Last edited:

Tall Mike

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Shreveport, La, US
Hi everyone. Do inw tobaccos get more prominent after steeping, or would I know within 12 hours or so if I need to add more drops? I've got Desert Voyager at 6 drops in 10 ml (out of an original bottle) and I'd like it stronger, but don't want to add more if its going to kick up some more. Thanks. Also, I asked BCV if they plan on getting the new classic yummy flavors,specifically waffle, and Drew said he'll get some on the next order. They carry the "for pipe" ones now if you're not aware. I've read though a good bit of this thread, but might have missed someone saying BCV had them. I'm going to try the black cherry for pipe first out of those. So far, I have Des Voyager, Am4a, De luxe, Tob "c", Cavendish ( for a honey fig recipe), and gold ducat. I'm just starting to explore them though.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Hi everyone. Do inw tobaccos get more prominent after steeping, or would I know within 12 hours or so if I need to add more drops? I've got Desert Voyager at 6 drops in 10 ml (out of an original bottle) and I'd like it stronger, but don't want to add more if its going to kick up some more. Thanks. Also, I asked BCV if they plan on getting the new classic yummy flavors,specifically waffle, and Drew said he'll get some on the next order. They carry the "for pipe" ones now if you're not aware. I've read though a good bit of this thread, but might have missed someone saying BCV had them. I'm going to try the black cherry for pipe first out of those. So far, I have Des Voyager, Am4a, De luxe, Tob "c", Cavendish ( for a honey fig recipe), and gold ducat. I'm just starting to explore them though.

I don't have Desert Voyager but if it's anything like Vanilla for Pipe or Gold Ducat, you'd be safe to bump it up a little. Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in though.

That's good news about the new flavors but I'm a little bummed out over their nic problems. I usually like to order nic and flavors together hoping to save a buck or two on shipping.

Reactions: Tall Mike

artv61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
SC,USA
I have both dark and black for pipe and think they are awesome. I am not much of a tobacco vaper so take it for what it is worth. I like both mixed solo at about 3% I have tried a few tobaccos and these are the best so far. Have tried
fa desert ship
HS Virginia
HS elder captain
Seedmans captain black and cognac - liked these
Inawera vanilla for pipe and burley- decent
And I have 4 or 5 other tobaccos like flue cured and black honey that I thought were nasty

Black and dark are head and shoulders above these to me. I find them sweet on the inhale with a very tobacco type flavor that lingers after exhale. I suck at descriptions so I will leave it at that. But they definitely aren't dry or hay like.
I don't know if you have any but I mix some gingerbread in the Black honey and it taste great

Reactions: Slots

Tall Mike

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Shreveport, La, US
I don't have Desert Voyager but if it's anything like Vanilla for Pipe or Gold Ducat, you'd be safe to bump it up a little. Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in though.

That's good news about the new flavors but I'm a little bummed out over their nic problems. I usually like to order nic and flavors together hoping to save a buck or two on shipping.

Yeah, I hope they're able to get it worked out soon. Luckily, I have enough vt nic for now, but I'll definitely order a large amount next time.

Reactions: JD1

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Sounds good. I think I had dark tobacco on my list before and forgot about it for some reason (old age would be my guess lol).

I'm wondering what's going on with BC and nic though. Anyone else notice that nic has disappeared off the menu?

Edit: Story is here: DIY E-Liquid Supplies

See their FB post today.

Reactions: JD1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread