New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
Crap! Thanks for the heads up, Nailz. If that is the case, I'll test the glass with solvent before putting into use. Fortunately, It was of such small expenditure.

Well, back to the Spectrum offerings...
Speaking of which, can anyone out there corroborate Spectrums "graphite" color to be grey/black?
Thank you in advance!
The graphite is the last tank on the right. More metallic. You may want to shoot them an email and see if they can do the black. Their tanks look to be top notch.
6442724_orig.jpg

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
I buy from Vapingcheap.com too, but it looks like Vape Super Saver still has them for $54.99, with free shipping and a promise to ship all pre-orders the day it arrives. (6/6/15 - 6/15/15) I've never ordered from them, but that's a pretty sweet deal.
True, thanks for that link. Might have to add a trophy to the collection.

Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I just found my first Youtube video review for the Subox. The video and audio quality isn't that good, but you do get to see the Subox in someones hands and some of the new features that we've all been guessing about.

So, that bit about the included (I presume upgraded) OCC coil being of vertical design has got my attention. Also a glimpse into the plus RBA. It's hard to tell from vid quality, but looked like a stock vert build as well? Definitely larger juice holes.

Last edited:

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
So, that bit about the included (I presume upgraded) OCC coil being of vertical design has got my attention.

Also the new RBA has holes on both sides of the chimney to improve juice flow. I guess Kanger saw the Youtube videos of people doing this and decided it was a good idea.

Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Also the new RBA has holes on both sides of the chimney to improve juice flow. I guess Kanger saw the Youtube videos of people doing this and decided it was a good idea.
Yeah, possibly taking notes from Rip? Lol. I certainly was. I saw that Sweet Vapes was going to offer that RBA soon. Glad it will be included in my kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: hashtag

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Nice to see the drilled out rba as a default. I wish that video was better. Guy seemed so excited to post a video of the unwrapping that he forgot to actually use and review them.
Yeah, I see folks doing that often. Don't believe I could do an effective review vid during an unboxing. Would want to immerse myself into the nuances of the kit firstly. But... so glad he did one nonetheless.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Thank you for the referrals! I was having a hard time navigating the Phinac site and couldn't find tanks for Mini's. I did find them on Spectrum's site but am a little unclear on color choices as I could not find an example pic/chart. I would presume graphite for smoked or grey?

On a different topic, is this like post confirmation something new? I haven't had to do that before...

I saw a notice from Phinac that they were doing subtank and atlantis tanks. Facebook page? I don't remember where. Might have to pm them. I know Spectrum takes a good share of their orders by email. Both of them used to have threads in the supplier forum on ECF. I didn't check to see if IB Tanked was offerring anything, but I bet he does or will. They used to be the go to place for any tank that couldn't be found anywhere else. They'll figure out a way to make it. All these ol' carto tank glass tube shops are coming back to life with replaceable glass being used in subohm tanks. That's nice to see.

Bedazzled tubes is a great place too. I'd be tempted to hold off until you can verify that the subox tank size. I don't think any of these glass tube places (including FT) hae the actual product yet to measure it. Just a thought.

FT's glass is colored with a coating on the outside. It's like ultra thin window tinting. I treat it carefully and so far, so good. Everything has fit, from protank mini's -> atlantis. It's cheap.

I've ordered from Vape Super Savers several times now. Fast shipping. Good guy. He's an ex Kanger employee, got kicked off Ebay, opened the shop a few months ago. He was one of the few shops that extended warrenty for replacement on the 50 watt isticks. He usually tries to arrange a 3 month warrenty with the distributor. You might want to ask to make sure.

Vaping Cheap is good. There's also the Deals and Steals thread on ECF. Reddit usually pulls together a master list of sales on holidays. Juicedb keeps a continual update of discounts and a fairly new one to keep an eye on is Vape Crawler - that's a search engine. Very handy.

All these Memorial day sales caught me a little off guard. They are better now than what was offerred at Easter IMO. They are killing me and I wish I could get more (like the subox - I don't think you'll be sorry). Enjoy!

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I saw a notice from Phinac that they were doing subtank and atlantis tanks. Facebook page? I don't remember where. Might have to pm them. I know Spectrum takes a good share of their orders by email. Both of them used to have threads in the supplier forum on ECF. I didn't check to see if IB Tanked was offerring anything, but I bet he does or will. They used to be the go to place for any tank that couldn't be found anywhere else. They'll figure out a way to make it. All these ol' carto tank glass tube shops are coming back to life with replaceable glass being used in subohm tanks. That's nice to see.

Bedazzled tubes is a great place too. I'd be tempted to hold off until you can verify that the subox tank size. I don't think any of these glass tube places (including FT) hae the actual product yet to measure it. Just a thought.

FT's glass is colored with a coating on the outside. It's like ultra thin window tinting. I treat it carefully and so far, so good. Everything has fit, from protank mini's -> atlantis. It's cheap.

I've ordered from Vape Super Savers several times now. Fast shipping. Good guy. He's an ex Kanger employee, got kicked off Ebay, opened the shop a few months ago. He was one of the few shops that extended warrenty for replacement on the 50 watt isticks. He usually tries to arrange a 3 month warrenty with the distributor. You might want to ask to make sure.

Vaping Cheap is good. There's also the Deals and Steals thread on ECF. Reddit usually pulls together a master list of sales on holidays. Juicedb keeps a continual update of discounts and a fairly new one to keep an eye on is Vape Crawler - that's a search engine. Very handy.

All these Memorial day sales caught me a little off guard. They are better now than what was offerred at Easter IMO. They are killing me and I wish I could get more (like the subox - I don't think you'll be sorry). Enjoy!
Wow! Thank you for the bevy of valuable information contained here, A! :)

I will likely respond to particular parts in the not-so-distant future. So far as brainpower goes, right now I'm not on my A game. (no pun intended) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread