• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just looking at the green Kangxin ...they've changed the images of it ..it now shows a bulb on the top! $51.97 Kangxin Mini VF KX-50D Temperature Control 50W VW MOD - 1-50W / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy / green at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Still trying to find out what is going on with my gold one, they are saying it is over here, but tracking shows it being delivered back to them for some reason, suppose we will have to wait and see what this blinking light is all about

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
George upgrade for Yihi SX350 M Class SXi Driver and Upgrade Firmware for M Class 120W.

Install the SXi Driver software, then make sure your mod has the Link set to On (wondered why I couldn't get it to install properly) and connect to computer, go to Connection in the software and Install the driver and press Connect, then go to Upgrade and select the Firmware that you downloaded and press the Upgrade button.

With the new firmware you can disable the Gravity Sensor if you want (I did) - note the higher wattages can only be used if you have the dual battery extension fitted, but it's worth upgrading anyway.

Reactions: trouble1000

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Thanks Bob
:unsure::unsure: I don't have the twin batt extension and i kinda like the gravity sensor.
Are there any other advantages? Other than upping the Watt potential.
From AAEC thread
Changes with this upgrade include: an ECo mode,( Improved battery life, screen goes blank faster) Gravity sensor on or off,and correct some bugs, since the upgrade mine now seems similar in operation to the RDNA40, strangely seems as if theres more power or vape than before at the same setting on the original firmware, so dunno. maybe they have been tweaking things?

I think the gravity sensor is a bit too sensitive

Reactions: Brynglas

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
While i think on Bob how are you finding your Lemo 2 with wicking?
I've read/seen a lot of adverse reports,haven't suffered myself and i'm using a 70vg juice.
One thought was the lower o ring is compressing and covering the juice channels if the tank is over tight.
Others say they feel the juice channels are too narrow,great with a 50/50 liquid but any thicker and problems start.
(got to dive off for a while now,i'll pick up with you later:))

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Still trying to find out what is going on with my gold one, they are saying it is over here, but tracking shows it being delivered back to them for some reason, suppose we will have to wait and see what this blinking light is all about
I hope you at least find out exactly where it is!

I'm finding everything to do with RM a pain right now!
They sent my hair mousse to Belfast suspected of being dangerous, and may destroy it - currently exchanging emails with the Chairman and Chief Executive Office of RM - but I fear the worst.
Then I placed two orders for something else by special delivery, due Saturday, but no tracking info showed. Today I'm told that one item was out of stock, and they don't seem to know why the other one didn't leave as planned. So an agreed alternative item and the other order are both leaving today
...hopefully! :rolleyes:
Two FT packages were sent on the same day - one shows up on tracking, the other doesn't yet.

All things postal just seem fraught with 'ifs' at the moment!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
While i think on Bob how are you finding your Lemo 2 with wicking?
I've read/seen a lot of adverse reports,haven't suffered myself and i'm using a 70vg juice.
One thought was the lower o ring is compressing and covering the juice channels if the tank is over tight.
Others say they feel the juice channels are too narrow,great with a 50/50 liquid but any thicker and problems start.
(got to dive off for a while now,i'll pick up with you later:))

I've got CV MCV (50/50) in one and Quacks Frozen Pond (Looks to be 75% VG as they now sell the Goose Juice flavour and recommend 25% in VG base/dilutant so assuming the flavour to be PG, it's in the Extas tab on their website) in another with no problems at all.

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sigelei Mini - mine just ran out of charge. I usually charge it before it runs out, but forgot and carried on using it. Got the message 'check battery'. That has happened once before, so I plugged it in and let it charge.
The only way to see what it's doing seems to be to press the fire button to bring the display up, and it can be seen that the lightning flash (not flashing though) is on the battery level indicator.
Telling when it's charged needs it to be disconnected, and then the button pressed! It doesn't seem to bring up a fully charged message no matter how long I leave it.

So, I put it to charge 20 minutes ago, pressed the button to check, and all I get on the screen is a large battery icon with the non-moving lightning flash on it. I tried disconnecting it but the screen was blank. Just pressed the button again, and still just get the battery icon. As you'd expect, the instructions show nothing of this.
I'll leave it for an hour or so to see what happens, but if it's still blank, I'll put a new battery in it.

Although I prefer USB/mains socket charging, it may be that I'll need a charger to better see what's going on with these batteries, especially with the Sigelei.
What charger should I get - don't mind waiting for one from FT if they're OK from there.

Reactions: trouble1000

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Well at least it seems the grey one has stayed the same Trish, must be new stock of the green one.
I hope you're right on both counts Terry! :laugh: Probably know re the grey one by this time next week!

Four down two to go,when I get my first pay.I might get one of them Grey torch things,you are all getting :)
Is it still going well Marcus? ...'pay day', now there's a nice turn of phrase! :thumb:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Sigelei Mini - mine just ran out of charge. I usually charge it before it runs out, but forgot and carried on using it. Got the message 'check battery'. That has happened once before, so I plugged it in and let it charge.
The only way to see what it's doing seems to be to press the fire button to bring the display up, and it can be seen that the lightning flash (not flashing though) is on the battery level indicator.
Telling when it's charged needs it to be disconnected, and then the button pressed! It doesn't seem to bring up a fully charged message no matter how long I leave it.

So, I put it to charge 20 minutes ago, pressed the button to check, and all I get on the screen is a large battery icon with the non-moving lightning flash on it. I tried disconnecting it but the screen was blank. Just pressed the button again, and still just get the battery icon. As you'd expect, the instructions show nothing of this.
I'll leave it for an hour or so to see what happens, but if it's still blank, I'll put a new battery in it.

Although I prefer USB/mains socket charging, it may be that I'll need a charger to better see what's going on with these batteries, especially with the Sigelei.
What charger should I get - don't mind waiting for one from FT if they're OK from there.

The Sig should shut off before the battery becomes too dead to recharge, charging can take 3 to 5 hours, so best to leave it for at least 3 before pressing the power button to check again, as for getting a proper charger, I would NOT recommend getting one direct from China, but from Myepack and in price order although 4 bays are better than 2 and the d2/d4 are the latest ones which are better:

Nitecore i2 Intelligent Charger - Batteries & Chargers
Nitecore D2 Digital Charger - Batteries & Chargers
Nitecore i4 Intelligent Charger V2 - Batteries & Chargers
Nitecore D4 digital Charger - Batteries & Chargers

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yeah still enjoying it thanks,two people walked out today it is very busy
Workers walked out? If so, perhaps you'll get a permanent job if you like it enough!

The Sig should shut off before the battery becomes too dead to recharge, charging can take 3 to 5 hours, so best to leave it for at least 3 before pressing the power button to check again,
OK - until today though, it's always showed the full info screen with the non moving lightning flash on the battery, indicating it's charging. If I disconnected it, I could see how far it was charged.
Today though, I'm just getting one large battery icon with the non moving lightning flash if I press the fire button briefly - not seen that before, and it's still there -I just checked.

If it's still the same by around 9pm, I'll use a new battery and leave that one until I get the charger!

as for getting a proper charger, I would NOT recommend getting one direct from China, but from Myepack and in price order although 4 bays are better than 2 and the d2/d4 are the latest ones which are better:

Nitecore i2 Intelligent Charger - Batteries & Chargers
Nitecore D2 Digital Charger - Batteries & Chargers
Nitecore i4 Intelligent Charger V2 - Batteries & Chargers
Nitecore D4 digital Charger - Batteries & Chargers
Thanks! I actually found those after I'd posted - I'll get one there :) Not sure I'd ever need to charge 4 at once though. Perhaps the D2 is what I'll get.

One other thing Trisha if you go down the charger route, I have carpets on my floors, so I always have a formica/cork place mat (from Sainsburys) on the floor under the chargers (in fact under anything that may get hot like my external HDDs)
I often wonder about the mods sitting on the floor when charging, but none get more than slightly warm, and everything is switched off, charged or not when I go to bed or out. (I use a 4 way extension that also has two USB sockets). When I get one of the chargers, I'll use it in the utility room sat on a table mat.

One of these I use Trisha Nitecore i2 Intelligent Charger - Batteries & Chargers and it works like a dream
I'll get either that or the D2 - thanks!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob how's your Woody going mate

Presume you mean the last one I got off Focal, which turns out to be the same one (Phimis) that someone (Adam or Dave?) picked up for peanuts from FT, had slight problem with fire button sticking, but now solved.

All wood ones, I now have 2 mech squonkers, 1 TB Mods DNA30 squonker, 1 SX350 Squonk³(has an Aluminium back plate), 1 Touchwood 18650 mech, 1 Monolith 26650 parallel mech, 1 SJP parallel/series 18500 mech and the Phimis 50w which could be a SX300/330 or even an IPV chip, not sure.
Due tomorrow from UKV 1 SX350 Svapiamo squonker &1 SJP 18650 series mech

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I often wonder about the mods sitting on the floor when charging, but none get more than slightly warm, and everything is switched off, charged or not when I go to bed or out. (I use a 4 way extension that also has two USB sockets). When I get one of the chargers, I'll use it in the utility room sat on a table mat.

No problem with wood or concrete floors, just if you have carpets.

Reactions: Pictor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread