Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Two VM packages show out for delivery, one still shows Maine.

So the Quilted Maple will get here sometime around lunch time along with another 320ml's of the joose that I decided will now all be just for it. I'm guessing almost 600ml's of it on hand will keep us both happy for a few weeks anyway ;). A Marine Brass Nuppin' V2 and DT are built and waiting to go right on it, lots of batts charged, so I'll be vaping it and a favored joose together real soon after delivered.

If typical USPS lackluster tracking holds true, the other one will be here tomorrow about the same time, and everything is waiting for it too.

:thumb:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
One of mine is oil finish & the other is poly. Can someone please explain the differences between the two & if you need to do the same thing to both to preserve the finish or is something else needed to keep the poly finish looking nice.

The oiled finish is wood that has only had oil applied after finish sanding. Poly is polyurethane applied as a protective finish. The oiled finish has a natural luster. The Poly finish is a high gloss.

I use my Howard's SunShield on both finishes. I find it does NOT give a glossy waxed appearance to the oiled finishes. It gives some luster and protection.

Between waxing I use a damp soft cloth to clean. Just water no detergent. An old t-shirt works well to buff after waxing or oiling.

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
Mail lady has arrived!!
07cef6fcf36265113084af5ef92da35f.jpg
320d40336479d9f0233061d9e5625b08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
My Reo is MIA I am currently waging war on my PO
Tracking shows it was delivered and signed for...

BIG PROBLEM IT WASN'T ME !!!!!!

They better find it fast or someone is gonna get hurt :mad::mad::mad:

Crossing my fingers for you sweetie! You must be beside yourself, I know I would be! Please let us know when you find out something!

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Thank you very much nerak!
The oiled finish is wood that has only had oil applied after finish sanding. Poly is polyurethane applied as a protective finish. The oiled finish has a natural luster. The Poly finish is a high gloss.

I use my Howard's SunShield on both finishes. I find it does NOT give a glossy waxed appearance to the oiled finishes. It gives some luster and protection.

Between waxing I use a damp soft cloth to clean. Just water no detergent. An old t-shirt works well to buff after waxing or oiling.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Did I see a wire inside that pic B2L?
I thought NO WIRE'S EVER!!
770530people01.jpg

Guess I'll go to the PO and see for myself
Awesome pics already!!!

The spring is wired, I suspect. Wood is not the best conductor for completing the circuit (unlike the aluminum of the metals).

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Good lord, that sounds awful!
Praying to all the wood gods & goddesses that your new family members make it home safe! And S O O N.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
141 will stay sealed and handed over to the better half, she will gift it to me sometime in the future...

242...wait a minute, I just noticed the numbers, funny coincidence :)
I am blown away, what a beautiful piece of fine craftsmanship!!! Robert, you are an artist :thumbs:

IMG_8560%20850x567_zpscffwtj16.jpg

IMG_8559%20850x567_zpsqawthklw.jpg

IMG_8558%20850x567_zpswsetmca0.jpg

IMG_8557%20850x567_zps2gezyxve.jpg

242 is getting put away until 7/11/15 :)

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
141 will stay sealed and handed over to the better half, she will gift it to me sometime in the future...

242...wait a minute, I just noticed the numbers, funny coincidence :)
I am blown away, what a beautiful piece of fine craftsmanship!!! Robert, you are an artist :thumbs:

IMG_8560%20850x567_zpscffwtj16.jpg

IMG_8559%20850x567_zpsqawthklw.jpg

IMG_8558%20850x567_zpswsetmca0.jpg

IMG_8557%20850x567_zps2gezyxve.jpg

Oh W O W! (If I could figure out how to post in colorful fancy fonts with sparkles and confetti, it would be ALL OVER this post) I just knew that one was special! Kinda wish I had seen it earlier, but I can't even be jealous because I know they all are special! But, really, that's f@#%ing fantastic!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Hardcore blows! Worst case scenario! Damn.. hopefully whoever got it is a nice honest person and delivers it to you! They may take it back to the post office as well.

Hope the mail person remembers were they left it!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Can't wait to see what they really look like!
So super excited for you!! I know for sure with you, kas, and wolf this will be your first Reo. Can't wait til y'all get em and get that first squonk!!

say it's not so!!! Oh honey, that's horrible!!! Call your son, the national guard.....the governor is worthless as we know, so skip him.... Hang the fiend from the highest tree......draw and quarter......... boil in oil!! How dare someone woodnap your precious!!! Really hope they find it super soon hun!!

but sorry no pics:)
Only excuse for this is no camera of any kind in a 20 mile radius..... in which case...... we require a drawing!! <hands you my crayons!>

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Mine is here! Wife said I got a present today as I am out back painting a huge freakin pergola that will take me forever to finish..

I did open it up and hold it by the bubble wrap to check it out! Damn awesome sexy!

Will post pics later when I get a chance.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Mine bday is 3 days after yours! I knew you were good people! :laugh:

how to post in colorful fancy fonts with sparkles and confetti, it would be ALL OVER this post
Here ya go...... OMgggggg that's gorgeous!!!! Stupendous even!!

all the photos of everyone's woodvils are gorgeous!!!! Such beauty to behold!!

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Mine bday is 3 days after yours! I knew you were good people! :laugh:

Here ya go...... OMgggggg that's gorgeous!!!! Stupendous even!!

all the photos of everyone's woodvils are gorgeous!!!! Such beauty to behold!!

Hahahaha! Thanks, Deb! You gotta tell me how you do that!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hahahaha! Thanks, Deb! You gotta tell me how you do that!
You betchya. I've finally after 3 years learned how to do the smiley's along with organizing etc, and could ya like in a google hangout if you have a google + acct where we could actually talk. The words are super easy. Type it, highlight it....... then click on the A that has the line under it right after the U in the reply box and choose your color!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread