Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I wonder how soon they will offer the tank for sale separately, if at all

In the Kangertech facebook page the 'Kanger guy' said 'soon to come'(or similar). I hope he's right. Until then I'll use the 1.5 that comes with it or the 1.2 or rebuild as needed :)

Reactions: Katya

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
We're being kangerized again?
wink.gif

I'll probably wait for V3 or so... Having said that, I'm curious about this new tank. I didn't get the Subtank (or any other subtank) because I'm a MTL person, but I wrote to Kanger to remind them that not everyone is a big-air subohm vaper and to please keep us in mind in the future. They even responded and said that their engineers would be informed about my request. I like that this new tank has a better airflow control for MTL vapers and that they raised the resistance of of the replaceable coils to 1.5Ω (from 1.2Ω). I'm not sure whether the vertical coil is an improvement--it just makes the coil head harder to rebuild, but then again, why rebuild it when one has an RBA deck. So it's all looking promising from the tootle puffers' perspective.

I wonder how soon they will offer the tank for sale separately, if at all. I would really like to try it. I like the design of that RBA deck a lot.

We are being Kangerized again. I think they've messed up by redesigning both the heads and the RBA deck. Neither is of interest to me now... The new BVCs need a lot more power than the old horizontals and are a lot harder to rebuild. The new RBA deck looks like it's hacked together. The last version of the "kayfun" deck is actually really nice. The new AFC is very welcome however.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The deck is redesigned??? I loved the Subtank deck... How did they alter it? What's hacked together? Yikes...

I have no interest in those vertical coils, but I thought one could use Subtank's horizontal coils in this one. I'm not a fan of horizontals at all--too airy for me, and, like you said, very hard to rebuild.

If you're referring to the K4, I agree. I just got a Tobeco clone (for 10 bucks shipped :lol:) and I'm in love. The best atty I've ever used. Yes, it's ridiculously over engineered, but once set up, it's just like any other Kanger--and it purrs like a kitten, is ridiculously easy to rebuild and refill, and it delivers soft, moist, lukewarm vapor and phenomenal flavor.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Sweet Vapes just got the Kanger cotton coils in for the older, non-sub tanks in. I ordered a package this morning for my Aerotanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woot!

Now if they would make an RBA deck for my Aerotanks... Stay tuned.

We're being kangerized big time! :lol:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Sweet Vapes just got the Kanger cotton coils in for the older, non-sub tanks in. I ordered a package this morning for my Aerotanks.

Ah. That's!! where I saw that. Did a search and couldn't find it today. Even PM'd MacTec on it :lol: Thanks Jingles....

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
You're welcome! I was browsing Sweet Vapes site sometime in the past week, and I saw them listed, but not available yet. I signed up to be notified when they were in stock. I got the notification this morning and proceeded in ordering them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You're welcome! I was browsing Sweet Vapes site sometime in the past week, and I saw them listed, but not available yet. I signed up to be notified when they were in stock. I got the notification this morning and proceeded in ordering them.

Jingles, do you know what kind of coils they have? Single? Dual? Vertical or horizontal?

Reactions: clnire

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I can't remember. I want to say dual verticals, but I could be wrong. I am on my phone now-babysitting my grandson or I would go look. I guess I just went for the cotton looking for the best flavor.

They are officially called VOCC (I missed that :facepalm:), so they are vertical. But there's no information about single vs dual!

Thanks, Jingles! Enjoy your grandson!

Reactions: clnire

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The deck is redesigned??? I loved the Subtank deck... How did they alter it? What's hacked together? Yikes...

I have no interest in those vertical coils, but I thought one could use Subtank's horizontal coils in this one. I'm not a fan of horizontals at all--too airy for me, and, like you said, very hard to rebuild.

If you're referring to the K4, I agree. I just got a Tobeco clone (for 10 bucks shipped :lol:) and I'm in love. The best atty I've ever used. Yes, it's ridiculously over engineered, but once set up, it's just like any other Kanger--and it purrs like a kitten, is ridiculously easy to rebuild and refill, and it delivers soft, moist, lukewarm vapor and phenomenal flavor.

Of course we're being kangerized. It's a Kanger. DOH. :w00t: :facepalm:
In the past, the following revisions have been good but I like the original better, like the old style dual coils and I can still find those in many places. It's a weird way to increase our options.

Reactions: Kent C

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Of course we're being kangerized. It's a Kanger. DOH. :w00t: :facepalm:
In the past, the following revisions have been good but I like the original better, like the old style dual coils and I can still find those in many places. It's a weird way to increase our options.

I run some single coils in the dual coil clearos. :D I'm Kangerizing them back. :laugh:

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Already got mine! Spring loaded, although it won't take the Tugboat V2 who has a home on the Invader with that strange collar. Looks ok for a 65 dollar kit, works fine although I can hear some PWM with the 1.5 ohm coil at 14w
If you describe it as being spring-loaded, how far down does the pin move when you press it?...maybe 1mm? Saying it is spring-loaded seems a bit overzealous (based on the latest reviews I've seen from reputable sources indicating it is not), and although I don't own one I'm thinking a better description might be "mushy" (for lack of a better word). I've seriously considered buying this kit but the pin as well as the ceramic coating's durability concerns me, but it is indeed an appealing/attractive kit. I'm looking forward to a non-coated stainless version of the tank being sold separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread