Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
In the video in one of the above comments they showed how this thing fired because of a screwdriver touched the device and the outside of the atty together

ok, I don't see any video in the thread, but yes that is the problem with a negative switched, negative enclosure mod.
The mod enclosure is negative, and the switch contacts the negative to the body of the atomizer; meanwhile the positive is always on.

So in that situation if you accidentally contact the body of the atomizer to the body of the mod you bypass the switch.

If yours doesn't have that problem, maybe the body of the mod is isolated from the battery; maybe it has wire from the negative to the switch.

pchestnutjr

Nov 10, 2010
jacksonville fl
ok, I don't see any video in the thread, but yes that is the problem with a negative switched, negative enclosure mod.
The mod enclosure is negative, and the switch contacts the negative to the body of the atomizer; meanwhile the positive is always on.

So in that situation if you accidentally contact the body of the atomizer to the body of the mod you bypass the switch.

If yours doesn't have that problem, maybe the body of the mod is isolated from the battery; maybe it has wire from the negative to the switch.
Ahh I see. Thanks. Mine is is opposite[emoji106]

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
In the video in one of the above comments they showed how this thing fired because of a screwdriver touched the device and the outside of the atty together

Yes, if you short the connection it will fire.
But that's not an auto fire situation.
It's a user error.

Your home wall socket won't "auto shock" you... But if you shove a screwdriver in it.... ;)

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Sounds like they don't know what they are doing.
The CB is one of the best mechanical
Box mods on the market today.
You have to TRY to make it fail.
As much as I liked mine initially, it has been a problem since about day 3 for me. Perhaps it's something with the way I use mine but essentially after sitting for 8-10 hours I'm finding that the aluminum to brass connection the button makes at the small hole in the body of the mod becomes black/grimy VERY quickly, so quickly that I'm having to clean it every two days to prevent a spot that doesn't fire at all from forming on the contact area. Started hating it because of this issue, eventually it will get so bad that it refuses to fire without me pushing VERY hard on the switch. Magnets in the switch as well, from the Panzer since day 1 as well...Is it good? Yeah it's good...but it's not great by any stretch of the word IMO. I've used the best lubricant I'm aware of as well(Nyogel 760G), which helped stave off the issue by an extra 24 hours, but it still comes back and I have to manually remove the dark grey spot that forms on the aluminum hole the switch goes through.

Ever since my Ivogo Osmium box showed up the Cherry Bomber has been moved to the "backup box" section of my desk, with like 20 other mechs due to the firing issue I stated above.

Martnargh

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Miami
I have an ivogo cb clone on the way from fasttech.
I usually never agree with anything that grimm guy says. After that review where he said mutation x v3 was better than the doge v2 i dubbed him as an idiot and havent watched any of his crap since.
Those guys are reviewers, not gods of vape, just cause they get tons more vape gear than most of us doesnt make their opinions any better.
Personally i only watch rip tripper and p busardo.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I ordered a full copper clone. It is more expensive than the Ivogo, and I wish there was a video comparing these clones, but I just like the look of the copper box and I hope it hits really hard.
I actually like the design of the switch closing the circuit by touching the outside negative, the battery positive always having continuity with the 510 by a solid and short connection. It allows for very short distances of metal. This is opposed to something like the Dimitri (which also hits hard), because the dimitri positive is disconnected until the switch is depressed... at which point a flat and long plate extends the battery positive to the 510. It might not make any difference, but it just seems to me like the Cherry Bomber (short and straight up to the 510) might have a little power edge.... that plus its solid copper.
I like dual battery mods because I can build lower resistances on them.... although I don't recommend new vapers experimenting with super sub-ohm, I have been building for mech mods for well over a year now and have some experience to know what works. Cherry Bomber is a mod that appeals to people who know how to use it. Shorting it with a piece of metal is a non-issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad Ninja

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Any mechanical i use if im throwing it in my pocket the batteries are being pulled out im not gonna walk around with my buster mech in my pocket thats an accident waiting to happen people need to think before they act, speak, or review and the people that listen to reviewers like they are the brilliant minds of vaping no no these people usually get paid or merchandise to do reviews research products yourself go through people who use them daily and for reviews watch all bc it is subjective its a person just like you or me telling you their opinion on a product which doesnt make it law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread