seems like the goal is to reduce nic...but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlice

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2015
Sydney, Australia
My only reason for reducing nicotine is worrying that at some point, I won't be able to purchase it. We cannot buy it in Australia, so I have to rely on purchasing it overseas. Who knows what laws will be in place in the future.

I do not want to go back to smoking, so if I can happily vape low nic, or nic free, I consider it a bonus. (I'm currently vaping 6mg.)

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
It was always my plan to reduce to 0 nic from the start. When I started vaping it was just a plan to get off cigarettes and eventually off vaping. Now I absolutely love vaping and don't even want to quit. I have come all the way down to 3mg nicotine. It's comforting knowing I don't need as much nicotine when everything comes crashing down. Juice flavors taste a lot better and smoother the lower you go also.

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
Like everyone else I started with high nic and it seems the longer I vape, the more sensitive my lungs get. I used to do 18 then 12 then 6 over a 18 month period. Now I'm at 3. If I use 12 or even some 6 juices it hits too hard. No matter the device! kayfuns at 1.2-1.5 ohm dripper or sub ohm tanks or wattage. Like going from a Marlboro light to a lucky unfiltered. The eventual goal for me is 0 then put it away. I really enjoy the vaping and I'm in no hurry to quit. It's a much safer alternative to the 2 pack a day for 30+ year habit but still not as healthy as not puffing anything at all

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I have no more concern about "nicotine addiction" than my "caffeine addiction"

The only significant difference between those two compounds is that nicotine has proven medicinal value where caffeine does not. Neither are known to be harmful despite the politics.

The other differences are purely political. I have a few reasons to reduce or eliminate my nicotine use but they are all related to the politics forced on us.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have no more concern about "nicotine addiction" than my "caffeine addiction"

The only significant difference between those two compounds is that nicotine has proven medicinal value where caffeine does not. Neither are known to be harmful despite the politics.

The other differences are purely political. I have a few reasons to reduce or eliminate my nicotine use but they are all related to the politics forced on us.

Actually caffeine does too -- it's a vasoconstrictor, and thus very useful for migraine headaches.

Andria

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I for one started vaping to quit smoking........ Plan is to stop vaping when I get to 10-20mg a day or less.. From my experience that will take a while.

When i started i was using 18-20mg/ml Juice, now one year later I am using 10mg/ml juice.

I know your saying, well you reached your goal. I say NOPE. Still using the same 50-70mg of nic everyday. There is just less nic in the bottle of juice. See when I started I was vaping at 2-2.5ohms and battery voltage (ego1100). NOW I vape at 1.5-2ohms and 9 watts. The juice might gave less nic in it, but I am vaping MORE juice.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
In one year have decreased my nic from 24 mg to 9 mg, AND I am staying at the same juice consumption level - 5 ml a day, never more (at least when not drinking). Goal - to reach 3-5 mg and then deside what to do next. Decreasing nic and increasing juice consumption is rather harmful than useful.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
In one year have decreased my nic from 24 mg to 9 mg, AND I am staying at the same juice consumption level - 5 ml a day, never more (at least when not drinking). Goal - to reach 3-5 mg and then deside what to do next. Decreasing nic and increasing juice consumption is rather harmful than useful.

I agree completely; that's why after I got smoke-free, I went from 6mg to 10mg, so I could vape less and remain satisfied -- and it worked splendidly. But I do seem to be becoming slightly more sensitive to nicotine's TH, or maybe it's just this new Achilles, but now I'm finding that 9mg works better for me than 10mg did -- and thanks to the Achilles, I'm actually going thru LESS ejuice than I was from my Kayfuns.

Andria

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While I'll still claim to have a dependence or addiction to nicotine, the MG level of it and PG/VG ratio I feel comfortable using is fairly to highly dependent on the device I'm using. The throat hit and resulting caughing is what I try to avoid.
    • while I'll eventually get a sore throat, I can vape 1/2 a day+ with 18mg 30/70 or 50/50 (PG/VG) using a Aspire K1 or Maxi powered by an iClk! @ 3.5-4V (toodle puff to the max!)
    • on the Nautilus tanks, I need much less PG or both PG and nicotine. 100% VG @ 16-18mg at weaker settings and 9-14mg at higher power settings
    • I recently added a Kanger subtank mini to the stable, the 3mg 100% VG was doable while 30/70 (PG/VG) @ 6mg has to much of a throat hit. I tried mixing the 6mg down to 4mg and the PG+NIC is still to much for me, I'm waiting for some 6mg 100VG stock to arrive.
    While I'd agree that those that are vaping 15ml of 6mg a day may be subjecting themselves to 3x the vapor (and whatever THAT might mean) while getting the same nicotine as another user who is vaping 5ml of 18mg a day, my overall goal is not to reduce the amount of nicotine I'm using but to find a happy medium of comfort, juice use and battery life.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2014
    USA
    I will be eliminating it probably before the end of this year. Main reason being is that I started vaping as a way to quit smoking 1 to 4 packs a day, it served it's purpose, then vaping turned into a hobby, and now it's back to being a way to keep off the cigs, so eventually I want to eliminate vaping all together as I don't want/need a hobby like this. I'm pretty sure that I could stop vaping now if I wanted to as I don't feel any thing from vaping, no calmness, no light headedness nothing. I'm pretty much only vaping still because my partner does but I'm hoping that he'll quit vaping too. It's really just an added expense that I don't want turning into another cigarette type of expense, with the price of local bought store liquid it's headed that way.

I honestly felt no difference going from 18mg to 12 to 6. If I had cut back on smoking cigs like that I definitely would have felt it. I think I was more addicted to the other things in cigarettes more than the nicotine.

I remember quitting cigs once before, (for 9 months) and we chose to use the patch, so I put on the patch one day, then the next and then the following and exclaimed... I'm done, I don't need the patch anymore and didn't take a hit of a cig for 9 months. I went back to it simply because my partner came home stinking of cigarettes and I asked if he was hanging out with his friends that are still smokers in the smoking section and he told me that he never really quit smoking, he just stopped smoking at home. I reached into his coat pocket in the entry closet and found a pack of smokes, lit one up and continued to smoke for about the next 10 years. Now, I'm done. And like I said, I have a feeling I was more addicted to the other chemicals in cigs rather than the nicotine since stepping down didn't bother me at all, didn't even notice it and only needed 3 days of the patch the first time.

Last edited:

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2010
    BC, Canada
    And like I said, I have a feeling I was more addicted to the other chemicals in cigs rather than the nicotine since stepping down didn't bother me at all, didn't even notice it and only needed 3 days of the patch the first time.

I totally agree! I didn't even use another method of quitting aside from vaping. I absolutely think the worst of the addictive gunk in the cigarettes was from substances other than Nicotine especially following my research on the topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread