Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I think she didn't mean resistance at all

0.0035 is the TCR for Titanium.

You asked at what optimal resistance the firmware was set up and she thought you were talking about the TCR.. Makes much more sense than jumping two decimal places.

That's how myths are born...

Remember the 'optimal' 0.065 resistance with ni?

Curiously ni 200 TCR is 0.0065 in some books while others round it to 0.006)

My two cents.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.
Good catch....I agree 100% :) Although I don't know the optimal res to work with

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
But the TCR you gave seems "coincidental" because YiHi gave a resistance range of 0.065 to 0.12. The TCR cannot be a range.

Agree?
Yes I agree. I don't know what yihi gave. Don't have a sx mini. Only thing I hear was the magic 0.065 build.

It makes much more sense talking about ranges than a specific resistance hence why I suspect she was giving the TCR and not some optimal build.

Regards
Tony

Reactions: jazzvaper

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yeah, the ni TCR was a long shot but if they put up a spec sheet with a recommended 0.35 resistance for Ti, I will be very surprised at the relationship between TCR and resistance suggestion... One is 10x and the other would be 100x

Coincidence?

Regards
Tony

Heck sometimes long shot pay... that said I never understood why they claim such a low resistance for Ni 0.065 ohms. That is darn near the low limit for the resistance range of the unit. (????)

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the post Legs. However even if it was the best wire in the world I won't buy form Vape Shops that buy wire and then mark up the price four fold. I have a problem with online pirates. 100% mark up ok, 400% is a bit steep don't you think.
I bought this last night on eBay... Titanium Resistance Wire Surgical GR 1 99 5 Heats 3X Faster Lasts 2X Longer | eBay

It is already flagged with a tracking number and is the same Ti that PB used in his eVic VT video at 48:57.
It is pretty expensive per foot, but not too bad at $15.95 with free shipping for 15' to check things out.

Here is what the seller has to say about his wire...
Titanium Vape Wire.TitaniumSurgical Grade 1 Titanium Wire. Ultra Low Titanium Resistance Wire. Spider SilkTitanium Wire for Vaping. Compare Industrial Grade 1 Titanium to Spider Silk. Vape onTitanium Resistance Wire,it is Specially CleanedSurgical Grade 1 (99.5% Pure).

Heats up3x Faster and Lasts2x Longer thanKanthalresistance wire,Nichromeresistance wire.

Allows for More Wire, which will Produce More Surface Area, which will Produce More Vapor – More Quickly.

Compare toG plat wire,Royal Wire,Mod wire,HotWires by Chadster. Great forTemp Controlled Mods andAPVs, such as Temperature ControlDNA40 – Compare toPureNickle resistance wire. Envy – Since 2008.

Perfect for use on Temperature controlled devices

There is also a review of this wire here:

Has anyone used this wire?

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
A Buck+/ft !?
That would be outrageous without the Free Shipping... ;)

Probably is awesome Stuff but gonna have to see some real definitive Proof it's a Ton better than the G-1 Ti I am giving .37/ft of 26 GA & .32/ft of 28 GA for (includes shipping).
It may be but I just can't see Sixty to Seventy cents more value in a Foot of it over another G-1 Ti.
Could be wrong.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Don't know if everybody has seen this but it's a good deal
Get the sx mini m class for $139.99 with coupon code JULY4

Whole site is 30% off

YIHI SX Mini M Class Authentic - Mod

Nice deal indeed. I've never heard of the company before and it takes several clicks to get to an email address. No phone or retail address.

If your going to order from them, at least find out if others have successfully ordered from them in the past. Just being cautious...

Reactions: Hitcat44

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Sale Prices on the soon to be "Old School" ????
Precursor of things soon to come.
When Ti catches on for TC and regular, I would imagine the Market Value of Kanthal % Ni, real or from the decreasing public Perception of its Value, will drive the Price down. A Win for all Vapers.
Downside to that would be,,, then as Demand increases and Consumer Perception regarding Ti will drive its Price higher and keep it there for awhile.
No denying the Basic Tenets of Econ.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Sale Prices on the soon to be "Old School" ????
Precursor of things soon to come.
When Ti catches on for TC and regular, I would imagine the Market Value of Kanthal % Ni, real or from the decreasing public Perception of its Value, will drive the Price down. A Win for all Vapers.
Downside to that would be,,, then as Demand increases and Consumer Perception regarding Ti will drive its Price higher and keep it there for awhile.
No denying the Basic Tenets of Econ.

I still have my authentic mechanicals that still require love that only Kanthal can provide.
The cheaper the better!

Reactions: Hitcat44

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Nice deal indeed. I've never heard of the company before and it takes several clicks to get to an email address. No phone or retail address.

If your going to order from them, at least find out if others have successfully ordered from them in the past. Just being cautious...
How do you know that I haven't already checked them out or even buy from them regularly? Do I look like a Newb? :)

Reactions: mr.fabe

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
How do you know that I haven't already checked them out or even buy from them regularly? Do I look like a Newb? :)

If you did, my apologies... I just didn't get that feeling that you did. Probably because you deal only in original designs like this...
33lfuhy.jpg

Reactions: Bikenstein

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
:lol:..................

I never bought from Breazy.com but some dude in the Deals and Steals thread seems to love em. He posts in there every week.

If his name is Andy, then it's his site.

From Breazy..
"Our CEO's email is andy@breazy.com- we promise he will always respond to your emails!"

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I wonder how much better Spider Silk is compared to Sweet Spot Ti and how much is hype. $1 a foot the way I go through wire could get real expensive depending on how long a coil lasts. I can't find anywhere what the resistance is per foot of Spider Silk, Sweet Spot is 1.2 ohms per foot. Then I wonder if Sweet Spot is any better then Unkamen. Guess I'll wait and see what others think. Just use nickel for a while I still have about 150' of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread