The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

YIHI SX550J G Class

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Hyperspace, Aug 4, 2016.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fordski

fordski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes unfortunately I find the menu system a little cumbersome to use as well. The M settings seem to be only to store your Joules and temp setting into and work with the Eco, Soft, Standard Powerful and Powerful+ modes. When you use the SXI-Q settings the M settings are ignored as the curves you've set up will determine your Joules and temp settings. Plus the fact you have 5 SXi-Q curves to play with in each of the Configuration settings (C-modes) it gets a little confusing. What I'd like to see is the ability to select the C modes on the main screen rather than going to the menu or bluetooth app. And while you can rename the C modes on the bluetooth app the names don't show up on the mod. I use a C mode setting for each of my atomizers, and it would be awesome to have these names appear on the mod like you can do in Escribe with the profiles. Perhaps future updates will address this. Having said all that I really like the performance of the YIhi chip in temp mode. It's quite consistent and smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VapNMirrors

VapNMirrors Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    currently, Earth
    I know a revised UI is forthcoming but no idea what will change. I plan to add the atty name (or pic) into custom wallpapers and use one for each config.

• Like Like x 2
  3. fordski

That's a great idea, thanks for the suggestion.

4. dpr206

dpr206 New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    The c1,c2 ect compared to the adjust mode m1,m2 ect always confused me still don't understand the difference really, and the software needs a major up grade when compared to escribe . The main settings menu on the device could do with being white text on background as I cant read the text in the green bubbles without a magnifier, Love my G class apart from that though

5. VapNMirrors

VapNMirrors Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    currently, Earth
    Each C, config, is its own complete set of settings for everything. So each C has 5 M settings for watts and 5 for joules. Use a different C for each atomizer, use Ms for the atty's power levels.

• Like Like x 2
  6. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I like the look of the rev counter style wallpapers, it would be great if we could change the colour schemes without having to change the profiles.

7. fordski

Just to add to this, there are preheat modes associated with each C mode, the standard Eco, Soft, Powerful, etc. as well as SXi-Q modes. The SXi-Q modes (5 for each C mode) allow you to set up custom Joule and Temp. curves in Temp control mode and custom wattage curves in wattage mode. I find that these curves are fun to experiment with the get various flavours from your juices. I start my curves hotter for the first couple of seconds and then drop the temp down for the latter part of the vape. It seems to bring out different flavours quite nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  8. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Just built my first coil, twin ss316l on the tvf8 getting .38 ohms but hardly any flavour at all from it.
    Running 215c and 60 joules it seems to take an age to produce vapour and the flavour isn't the best (I defo have the right wire type selected), gonna play around with it a bit.
    Any pointers?

Edit: seems to be picking up a bit now, maybe I didn't saturate the cotton enough before assembling. I forgot with tc you have to fire for a second or so before taking a drag so that has helped. I have just been running the stock octuple coil so I was probably expecting a bit much

9. fordski

Try the different preheat modes as well. These are the eco, soft standard powerful and powerful plus settings. It sounds like you need more preheat to fire up your coil...

10. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Already running it in powerful+. Turned it up to 270c and its vaping a bit better, I might redo the coil with less wraps, it was 26g with 7 wraps.

Edit: 275c working a lot better, I think the fact I was just using the octuple coil previously has skewed my perceptions lol!

• Like Like x 1
  11. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Just noticed I'm only getting bubbles out of one of the juice windows, must only be wicking on one side. Gonna strip it down and rebuild later, done some new 9 wrap coils as well with much more even spacing.

Edit:
    Running the new build now with tcr at .001 and 275c, it's a lot better but still a bit underwhelming. The flavour is good but there isn't much in the way of clouds...dare I say it's a bit too smooth?
    Gonna look at some claptons next, I refuse to give up after spending a small fortune on this and a coil building kit.

12. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Update:

SUCCESS!!
    12 wraps at 85 joules and 250c is ripping away beautifully, I was about to give up but glad I didn't now. The smaller gap between the turns must help with getting heat into it.
    It's so smooth and plenty of clouds, very satisfying!

• Like Like x 1
  13. MadTemp

MadTemp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2015
    Just got my RGX550 today! I love this mod and the CS is top notch! (Using dna250 for n80tc now) this was surprisingly better, leaves sx500 biting the dust... but this one won't leave the house lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Still rocking this mod, got a 8 wrap SS Clapton build ripping at the moment. I can't believe I didn't get into this sooner!

15. MadTemp

MadTemp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2015
    Dna250 consumes (bucks) .1v for 10w Sx550j .3v for 120w... that's impressive

16. Stinkytofus

Stinkytofus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2014
    New York City
    any black friday deals for black kevlar?

17. xXxelis_prxXx

xXxelis_prxXx Full Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Can you pm me the curve for the N80 ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Full Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Saw 25% off the camo edition at ecigone

19. Evi|grin

Evi|grin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Haylon357

Haylon357 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    USA
    I'm a little late to the party. Do these come in black and chrome? I don't like the black metal with the black body.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk