Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
What batteries are folks using in the Snow Wolf?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Samsung 25R's... Good battery life, especially <100W.

Just ordered the wolf! $88 using code 5off at elev8vape!! Hope this thing is good! :)

It's been great for me! It's all I use now... Mostly in Power Mode with an RDA, but when traveling, a Lemo II built to 0.1Ω for TC mode. :)

jrfhoutx

Oct 9, 2012
Texas
Had mine about a week now, love this thing. No more carrying around spare batteries and having to change them out every couple of hours; the temp control is awesome (though being my first temp control mod I can't speak for its comparison to other temp control mods); while the sleep function is a bit annoying it's far from a deal breaker.

My only complaint is that I wish I could turn the 510 a bit. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to how my attys sit on my mod and I want the arty to sit all the way down on the mod and any air holes to sit to the sides of the mod (so that when a juice well is full and I tip the mod back to take a puff, juice doesn't spill out through the holes). With my adjustable pin 510s I can mess with the screw until it's just right, but with the spring loaded 510,I don't get that option, and right now everything sits about 45 degrees off from where I want them to be, and it's driving me F@*#KING CRAZY...

For anyone still on the fence about its size, and your B&M doesn't have one to check out, here's a couple comparison shots with the well known CHana. It's really not that big, but it is heavy, you definitely will not forget you're holding it... You can also see what I'm talking about with the air holes...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: gel drops

Tat2man

Jun 26, 2015
Warner Robins Georgia
I just ordered one at Wake & Vape $103.00 with shipping I cant wait. There was a guy at the local Vape shop that had one and I had been looking at all the TC Mods available. This thing is a Beast... Not saying it is the best but for the $100 mark I feel it was the best option. I looked at the Evic VT, ipv3 Li, Heat Vape Invader, SX Mini and this one was the best choice for what I wanted and its simplicity to operate was best for me as I am a noobie to vaping only been in the game for 3 weeks now. So it's this with a troll Dripper for now... I know they say what seperates the men from the boys it the price of there toys LOL... Well I am sorry I am not going to spend $300 to $400 on a mod at this time.. I mean heck that is half of a AR-15 I would rather have the AR LOL... But when I get it I will let you know what my 1st impresions are and I will do another review a couple weeks later.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
I just ordered one at Wake & Vape $103.00 with shipping I cant wait. There was a guy at the local Vape shop that had one and I had been looking at all the TC Mods available. This thing is a Beast... Not saying it is the best but for the $100 mark I feel it was the best option. I looked at the Evic VT, ipv3 Li, Heat Vape Invader, SX Mini and this one was the best choice for what I wanted and its simplicity to operate was best for me as I am a noobie to vaping only been in the game for 3 weeks now. So it's this with a troll Dripper for now... I know they say what seperates the men from the boys it the price of there toys LOL... Well I am sorry I am not going to spend $300 to $400 on a mod at this time.. I mean heck that is half of a AR-15 I would rather have the AR LOL... But when I get it I will let you know what my 1st impresions are and I will do another review a couple weeks later.

You will Love It! Im sure of it

Tat2man

Jun 26, 2015
Warner Robins Georgia
I just got one from elev8vape for $88 shipped.

Well I wasn't that lucky LOL... Oh well I just did a google search and elev8vape was not in the search so I didn't know about them wish I did the difference I could have used on the batteries? I hear low cappacity High discharge for these mods Like 2,000Mah or less and 30a or 35a... ANyone know what would be optimum batteries for this Mod?

Tat2man

Jun 26, 2015
Warner Robins Georgia
Well I was just wondering cause I was told low power high amp batteries... That if you hit 130+ watts it might not show a strain on batteries but constant draws on the atty say like in compettition or something were it is rapid and constant drain it would or could heat up the batteries and cause minimum of half life. But this guy explains alot on youtube so I kinda get it but he is a battery nerd LOL... He knows his stuff seems to me LOL.

jrfhoutx

Oct 9, 2012
Texas
If you're worried about amp draw but not too concerned about mAh, pick up some VTC4s, they're fairly easy to find again, and they're kind of a middle ground as far as mAh goes. I'll stick with my 25Rs and HE4s for now, I don't really run the SW out of temp control (which caps out at 70W), and the few times I have I didn't have any problems with the HE4 or 25R breaking the 150W mark and hitting pulse mode (never tried it up to 200W, but I didn't have a build that would need that kind of power really)...

Tat2man

Jun 26, 2015
Warner Robins Georgia
Yeah I know it all depends on the build and Amp Draw I just didn't know if it would have an affect and half life the batteries. I know you probably dont stand a chance of making battery explode or fail but I was more less asking if it would strain the battery and cause it to fail or go dead quicker. More less like a car say like it red lines at 6,000 rpm its not good to run it at 6,000 rpm the entire time you are driving it.. I would like to have batteries that I am not running full drainage on them every puff I take so to speak would like to have something I am not straining I guess I should say... Sorry I am a newbie and so full of questions. I do understand the concept but dont know how to exicute it to make the plan or what is best for medium to light drainage LOL...

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Hey Tat2man if you want good batteries for high wattages I have been running the Samsung 25r in all my regulated boxes for over a year now and they actually provide me with more vape time than my VTC5'S and yes they are authentic VTC5'S I gobbled up 10 sets 2 years ago. The Samsung's have become my go to for regulated applications and VTC5'S have become my mech mod choice just because they seem to hit harder in my mech's.
I use Samsung in my sigelei 150 and can go 4 to 5 hours at 135 watts before they start getting tired but with a .2 build at 65 watts in my Zephyrus they will last me about 17 hours and 3.5 tanks worth of vape time and still be between 45 and 50% left.
I have a friend that runs 3 of the 25r in SMY 260 at 145 watts and gets dang near 14 hours of moderate vaping off them with a .35 dripper build and gets 2.5 days off them using his Herakles at 75 watts with the .35 Atlantis coils.
So with temp control it is supposed to actually help with battery life and juice consumption they could very well run you dang near 48 hours or more depending on your settings and vape habits.

Tat2man

Jun 26, 2015
Warner Robins Georgia
Hey Tat2man if you want good batteries for high wattages I have been running the Samsung 25r in all my regulated boxes for over a year now and they actually provide me with more vape time than my VTC5'S and yes they are authentic VTC5'S I gobbled up 10 sets 2 years ago. The Samsung's have become my go to for regulated applications and VTC5'S have become my mech mod choice just because they seem to hit harder in my mech's.
I use Samsung in my sigelei 150 and can go 4 to 5 hours at 135 watts before they start getting tired but with a .2 build at 65 watts in my Zephyrus they will last me about 17 hours and 3.5 tanks worth of vape time and still be between 45 and 50% left.
I have a friend that runs 3 of the 25r in SMY 260 at 145 watts and gets dang near 14 hours of moderate vaping off them with a .35 dripper build and gets 2.5 days off them using his Herakles at 75 watts with the .35 Atlantis coils.
So with temp control it is supposed to actually help with battery life and juice consumption they could very well run you dang near 48 hours or more depending on your settings and vape habits.

Thanks for the help and I always heard good things about the Samsung 25r's I was just asking as I will need to order some... Best price and best place to buy them? The local vape shop only has AWT 3000Mah 35A Red Batteries so I know nothing about batteries as my first Bod Mod is an eleaf iStick 20w.. Thanks to all who have posted and helped the dumb NOOB,,

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Thanks for the help and I always heard good things about the Samsung 25r's I was just asking as I will need to order some... Best price and best place to buy them? The local vape shop only has AWT 3000Mah 35A Red Batteries so I know nothing about batteries as my first Bod Mod is an eleaf iStick 20w.. Thanks to all who have posted and helped the dumb NOOB,,
Illumn.com great company fast service always authentic and 25r's are on sale for 5 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread