Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
The only thing my kittens can kill are these tiny little stuffed mice, which they seem to really enjoy. Truth be told, we bought all these fabulous toys for them and the vet gave us 3 free stuffed mice. Emi and Eri, love the free stuffed mice and look at the fabulous toys with a "I'm not playing with that" look.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The only thing my kittens can kill are these tiny little stuffed mice, which they seem to really enjoy. Truth be told, we bought all these fabulous toys for them and the vet gave us 3 free stuffed mice. Emi and Eri, love the free stuffed mice and look at the fabulous toys with a "I'm not playing with that" look.

Kitties can get attached to the oddest things. I had one cat who loved bottle caps and another who was hooked on chenille bumblebees from a flower shop.

2166QMhWE3L.jpg

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
With cats, I wonder if it's a gender thing. The male cats I had who hunted would leave something half eaten and dance around, like Look I have Killed For You! Whereas the female cats would bring me live/wounded prey, like I was a kitten they were teaching me to hunt.

My dogs don't kill anything. They saw one of my cats kill a few times and were freaked out.

I had a massive Black outdoor cat at one time, name of Tobias Elijah Muhammad; A) because I first made his acquaintance in October and; B) he really was a big Black cat.

Anyway. Tobie would show up at the back door mumbling, you know, Mmmmfh instead of the usual feline vocalizations. I came to understand that this meant he had a live bird in his mouth for me.

It only took, oh, Two/Three birds loose in the house for me to figure this out.

When Tobie was fixing to pass, he'd lie in the backyard. There would be a semicircle of neighborhood cats facing him, waiting to see who the next top cat would be. Dogs used to cross the street. I kid you not.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
When I was growing up we had a black cat we called Ebony. She was famous for bringing home things, birds, mice and so on. One day she brought home a chipmunk and it wasn't dead yet. She came in and let the chipmunk go and it raced through the house, with 4 other cats in hot pursuit. It went through the kitchen, down the hallway, and into the laundry room and hid under a pile of clothes.

My mom gathered up the other cats and put them in other rooms and closed the doors. Meanwhile I got a Tupperware bowl and a piece of cardboard and put the bowl over the place where the chipmunk was and slowly started pulling the clothes away. When I got them all out of the way I took the cardboard and slid it under the bowl. Then I took the bowl, cardboard and chipmunk outside and let it go....

Man that chipmunk made a beeline to the nearest tree and shot up it so fast... It stopped on a branch and I could see it huffing pretty heavily... I bet it was thinking what kind of nightmare did I just experience???

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
When I was growing up we had a black cat we called Ebony. She was famous for bringing home things, birds, mice and so on. One day she brought home a chipmunk and it wasn't dead yet. She came in and let the chipmunk go and it raced through the house, with 4 other cats in hot pursuit. It went through the kitchen, down the hallway, and into the laundry room and hid under a pile of clothes.

My mom gathered up the other cats and put them in other rooms and closed the doors. Meanwhile I got a Tupperware bowl and a piece of cardboard and put the bowl over the place where the chipmunk was and slowly started pulling the clothes away. When I got them all out of the way I took the cardboard and slid it under the bowl. Then I took the bowl, cardboard and chipmunk outside and let it go....

Man that chipmunk made a beeline to the nearest tree and shot up it so fast... It stopped on a branch and I could see it huffing pretty heavily... I bet it was thinking what kind of nightmare did I just experience???

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I'm so glad you saved that poor animal and set it free. Yes I am. Hearing these stories makes me glad to know Emi and Eri are indoor kitties and they can't kill any little critters. They get all the food they need without the need to kill for it. Yes they do.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Charlie just sent me this picture. Our first kitten casualty. Only they're not the first kittens to have knocked this over, which is why the head so easily breaks off......
fa0a5b3b3275e6f192ecddc3b3aab805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like "First Blood" for the kitties.

BooYah!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Uh, yes, yes they felt bad.........LOL
Once it hit the ground they smacked it around for about 10 minutes. That's how bad they felt.

I suspect you guys being cat owners for decades your house has been cat proofed for anything valuable that they may destroy.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Once it hit the ground they smacked it around for about 10 minutes. That's how bad they felt.

I suspect you guys being cat owners for decades your house has been cat proofed for anything valuable that they may destroy.

It's just stuff.....But yes, we don't have much of any significant value they can destroy.......easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread