Apex BF Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Same as pi2 air holes are deck mounted, dripping won't flood chanber as squonking will before juice sucked away. Air holes would have to be kept clear with coil above, in squonking I see the juice dropping straight down. Grab one to test maybe but looks like an accident waiting to happen to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: wrong on pi2 4 deck holes 2x pos and 2x neg, I thought two of the holes were for air - this may have legs roscoe [emoji6]

Reactions: Roscoe01

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Same as pi2 air holes are deck mounted, dripping won't flood chanber as squonking will before juice sucked away. Air holes would have to be kept clear with coil above, in squonking I see the juice dropping straight down. Grab one to test maybe but looks like an accident waiting to happen to me

I thought exactly the same thing. It may be worthwhile to buy a demo unit and see what I think. Pi2 on the other hand is side air and looks like a sweeeeeet atty. Designed with flavor chasers in mind.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I thought exactly the same thing. It may be worthwhile to buy a demo unit and see what I think. Pi2 on the other hand is side air and looks like a sweeeeeet atty. Designed with flavor chasers in mind.
The Evil Monk looks cool (under coil air!) and might work with a needle mod like the one some folks did on Magma.
The Pi2. Does it have adjustable afc? From the pics I've seen, it doesn't look like it.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
The Evil Monk looks cool (under coil air!) and might work with a needle mod like the one some folks did on Magma.
The Pi2. Does it have adjustable afc? From the pics I've seen, it doesn't look like it.
I'm not sure on the pi2. I haven't seen any reviews yet. You guys know me....i don't like to follow the herd....so stuff outside the box gets me excited[emoji15]

The evil monk has little collars that go in the deck airflow holes to provide a lip for leak prevention.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Had a good day today. Was off work and spent the day in the cave working on mods. I'm still a little slow but feels good to get back in the swing of things again.

I am working on a redesign of the top cap for 004 that will make subsequent mods go together faster and neater.....hopefully.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Second week with the forge as my workday setup. Still impressed.

Sturdy little bugger - I dropped it while on a mod, not a mark. I even loudly said "he's okay!" when I picked it up, which, I think, startled the two homeless people in the alley beside our office's vape deck.

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Had a spare 20mins so removed an atty from my peko, washed cleaned and built the newly received forge and dropped it on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438198135.863402.jpg

Still early days and difficult to judge how good it is but first thoughts pretty impressive!

Dual 0.32 build, a little nic sick having grabbed a few new bargain 12ml nic of juices for £1 per 10ml on vapers day last weekend so the difficulty is it's a new flavour so nothing to judge against.

Rayon obviously new so expect it to get better still, definitely a nice vape though, will see how it changes over the coming days.

True judgement will come when pared with my fav milkman or jazzy boba but so far thumbs up from me.

Oh forgot to say the four post design made the twin coil easy peasy, not normally a fan of the four post design but something I would certainly consider again in the future.

I read earlier only one forge is left, maybe it's already gone, me thinks roscoe you need to order more of these as it would appear you've stumbled on to a good one.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Had a spare 20mins so removed an atty from my peko, washed cleaned and built the newly received forge and dropped it on

View attachment 476248

Still early days and difficult to judge how good it is but first thoughts pretty impressive!

Dual 0.32 build, a little nic sick having grabbed a few new bargain 12ml nic of juices for £1 per 10ml on vapers day last weekend so the difficulty is it's a new flavour so nothing to judge against.

Rayon obviously new so expect it to get better still, definitely a nice vape though, will see how it changes over the coming days.

True judgement will come when pared with my fav milkman or jazzy boba but so far thumbs up from me.

Oh forgot to say the four post design made the twin coil easy peasy, not normally a fan of the four post design but something I would certainly consider again in the future.

I read earlier only one forge is left, maybe it's already gone, me thinks roscoe you need to order more of these as it would appear you've stumbled on a good one.

I will be getting more coming soon. A tip for flavor is to remove the Chuff section and just run the 510 adapter.

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Lol thats what happens when your building in amongst four kids looking for my attention. Didn't realise the cuff and 510 were joined!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438199544.386247.jpg

Definitely sits better on the peko at this size, haven't used the peko for a while so looks like a keeper. Your right flavour jumped a little again, very nice!

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Anyone going to vape the coast? I'm not an experienced cloud chaser, but the competition has a fat purse and should be huge. I've been practicing with the forge and the mephisto, hard to gauge my performance but seems like I'm throwing some comp worthy steam. I like competition, have done lots of mtn bike racing, racquetball tournaments, obstacle races, etc. I'm getting more excited the closer it gets. I'm going Sunday. Wish me luck and if you've got experience to share I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread