Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost13

Feb 18, 2012
Simi Valley
I have both and love my Billow V2, yet I do have to give the nod to the Aromamizer. Its far easier to wick and coil up. The flavor I get (with a diff drip tip) is to me a little bit better along with more vapor production. I will def use both in my daily rotation (using the Aromamizer more).

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Trying to run dual coil 26g 7 wraps at 0.37 ohms and at 50w the rdta is getting really hot. Uncomfortably hot and also the drip tip is getting hot to puff. Does anyone have this issue. Just asking add no one mentioned it.
Also the puffs are too airy... Flavor is there but kind if not thick dense vapor bit more like feeble flavour with lots of clouds. Definitely my goliath v1 seems a lot better. Thoughts and suggestions please

That's just way too many watts for those coils, 25W to 35W is about all you can put through them before they get too warm. If you're intent pushing 50W, then either drop down to #24 coils with a .37ohm final resistance or with #26 you need a final resistance of .6 to .7 ohms with dual coils to work right at 50W.

Just a small update:

Steamcrave is working on an update to have a velocity style build deck which can be used on the existing RDTA.

Image taken from FB:

506a9d942d4a59780d75e03582361e9f.jpg

They are also working on the 2-hole vape band.

I'm fairly impressed with these guys. Not just the designs they're coming out with, but how quickly they respond to consumer feedback.

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
So after spending a day with this i'm pretty stoked. Looking i nailed my first build too. Which was done on the fly last night before bed, while being pretty buzzed from some after work drinks at that. So giving it extra points on that alone. Like Zero effort went into making sure i had the wicking "just right".

Dual 26g/2.5 coil, coming it at around .4ohm. Has the crazy airflow i like, even plugging 2 of the holes (kinda silly they didn't think to offer that option out the gate, which leaves me strongly guessing the people designing this don't actually vape themselves lol), and not a single dry hit all day. Being a dripper first preference type, and somebody who generally views RTAs as a short term fix due to their more convenient mobility factor, this tank pretty much crushes any other one i've tried imo.

The term gets thrown around way too much these days, but yeah...this certainly has a game changer quality going for it imo. Might even go as far as to say it's the first true $30+ RTA i've seen come out since...like forever...that actually offers an genuinely different tank experience imo.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
To those having issues with the air holes being in the wrong place, have a play around with the 510 pin and the deck. As soon as I tried to undo the screws in the posts on mine the whole deck moved. I played around with the deck and 510 pin for a while figuring out how to get everything nice and tight and everything lines up great on mine. The build deck and the base are actually 2 separate pieces that can be taken apart.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
To those having issues with the air holes being in the wrong place, have a play around with the 510 pin and the deck. As soon as I tried to undo the screws in the posts on mine the whole deck moved. I played around with the deck and 510 pin for a while figuring out how to get everything nice and tight and everything lines up great on mine. The build deck and the base are actually 2 separate pieces that can be taken apart.

Yes, but it definitely needs to be fully tightened or you get erratic resistance readings. So trying to rotate it to line things up didn't work well for me at all. And fully tightened the airholes are in odd places using either of my decks. That's why I went with the 4 coils to try to take advantage of the strange airflow.

Reactions: mr.fabe

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Yes, but it definitely needs to be fully tightened or you get erratic resistance readings. So trying to rotate it to line things up didn't work well for me at all. And fully tightened the airholes are in odd places using either of my decks. That's why I went with the 4 coils to try to take advantage of the strange airflow.

Ah ok that's really strange then, I naturally check new atties to make sure everything is nice and tight before I build so I thought that might have fixed it. Stoked that I got lucky and got a good one lol. My air holes come in pretty much perfectly as long as I close off the 2 pointless ones, I just have to build the coils off centre which is pretty natural for a 3 post deck anyway.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yes, I really wish it had a normal afc ring instead of the band. And an option to close off two.

I am enjoying my latest build more than my first two :). I never would've guessed I would like quad coils and over 50W, lol! And 4 giant airholes wide open. I'm more like 25-35W gal with a dual build. But, this build really suits me. Being 27g coils, over 60W is out of the question, but its giving me great flavor and suiting how I like to vape, and I didn't need to make Claptons or anything like that.

However, I plan to try some "mini" Claptons :)

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Really wondering how this RDTA is going to compare to my two Billow V2's? Does anyone have both and an opinion?

I have both, I prefer the Aromamizer in both the flavor, and vapor department. The only caveat is the air holes, I blocked the two not facing the coil with tape, with the airflow band over top to hold it in place.

I have both and love my Billow V2, yet I do have to give the nod to the Aromamizer. Its far easier to wick and coil up. The flavor I get (with a diff drip tip) is to me a little bit better along with more vapor production. I will def use both in my daily rotation (using the Aromamizer more).

Agreed, wicking is easy, and very forgiving (unlike the Billow v2, in my experience). I don't use a drip tip on my .5Ω build, no spit back, and the tank doesn't get very warm at all at 42-50w. No dry hits either.

Reactions: reeftivo

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal

Yes, most of use realized that when we ordered the unit from Steam Crave since they sell the extra deck option. There is no adjustment option when screwing the deck into the base. If you do not seat the deck fully, juice will leak onto the 510 connector. I fixed my alignment problem by changing the larger washer on the base that connects to the tank.

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
Well just found this thread yesterday while checking the Billow V2 thread. Watched the review and read all of the earlier post. Without much hesitation I ordered a couple of the 6ml aromamizer rdta yesterday. Sounds like quite a devise. Hope shipping is not on that slow boat. I am a tank kinda guy and have been using Billow V2s with good results. Is this thing in the same league with B2 on flavor?

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
Well just found this thread yesterday while checking the Billow V2 thread. Watched the review and read all of the earlier post. Without much hesitation I ordered a couple of the 6ml aromamizer rdta yesterday. Sounds like quite a devise. Hope shipping is not on that slow boat. I am a tank kinda guy and have been using Billow V2s with good results. Is this thing in the same league with B2 on flavor?
I ordered last Thursday. It shipped Friday. It just cleared customs in OH. Estemated dilivery date is Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Btsmokincat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread