IPV4s or dna 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapee

Jun 8, 2015
I've been looking at temperature control mods lately, have not used one yet but used the sigelei 100w which seems good so far with kanthal. Apparently the chip in the ipv4s is similar in accuracy as the sx mini chip but does 120 watts without an extension and 2 batteries which is good like the sigelei. Also read a bit about the dna200 and it seems itll use lipo packs but also saw a few mentions of 18650 battteries but 3 needs to be used.

Would be good to be able to still use the 18650s ive got with another dual battery mod. Any differences with the vape quality of say nickel wire being used on the ipv4s and the dna200? It seems 120 watts should be a good amount for the temp control and the chip is reliable being made by yihi. I barely even get close to the 100 watts even on drippers on the sigelei too lol. Also is there no possibilty then of just 2 batteries being used with the dna? 3 seems it could end up being fairly bulky and heavy as the 2 in the sigelei is already making it pretty big!

Also it seems the ipv4s is no longer pre order only at gearbest Genuine PIONEER4YOU IPV4S 120W Variable Wattage Box Mod-69.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com and costs less than the dna200 chip by itself for $69 from their USA warehouse at the moment.

Maybe its worth going for this and seeing if the watts are good enough for temp control before something with higher wattage that wont use my 18650s, also i can swap the batteries that have been assigned pairs for the sigelei 100 i assume but with 3 18650s would need new cells to use in rotation.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
My IPV4 showed up yesterday. I'm happy with it so far. Put some claptons in my CLT2+ and cranked it up to 100W. Wow is all I can say. I haven't tried the TC mode yet, but it seems to be a solid piece of gear. Got 8 hrs use chain vaping at 60 - 80W on a pair of VTC4's. I wish it came with better instructions though. It has a memory function that I haven't figured out how to program yet.

I would always recommend new batteries to marry with any new mod. Batteries are cheap, so why put used ones in a new device?

vapee

Jun 8, 2015
Yea seems like a good mod, the ipv4s seems to be the same chip but with 120 watts capability and can use nickel and titanium so it seems theyll be a firmware update for the regular ipv4 to have the same features. Good point though about the batteries they are quite cheap so can have a pair or 2 specific for each one.

There might be a good review of the ipv4's memory functions out there, I remember checking out pbusardo and the vapor chronicles, I think they usually go through the menu functions quite a bit, definitely pbusardo explains everything and also comments on the fact that the instructions are sometimes missing things heh

I think maybe its best to give something like the ipv4 a go now especially being able to use titanium wire then see what happens with the dna200 later on in the year when any bugs may have been ironed out and there would be also many form factors and battery options by then to choose from.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Agreed. Yihi Tc is very reliable and nearly bug free- - if Dna 40 was any indication it'll be a few revisions until the dna 200 is really firing on all cylinders.

I'd get a 4s or 3li...

By the way, Yihis Tc works in joules mode-- 50joules max for Ni200 and 100joules for Ti. The 120 or 200 watts is only for VW, though I can't see why you'd need it either way.

Agnes Black

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
STL, MO
I've heard a LOT of positive things about DNA 200. Have an IPV4 with the upgrade and its pretty keen. Little bit large for my taste and kinda butch for a girl... Using a Nebula for the moment -- debating getting a DNA 200 or a SX Mini M class with TC. Usually I vape from 18 - 40 watts max. Flavor chasing is more my thing. Clouds are nice but if the flavor sucks what's the point??? Have seen some DNA 200 mods for $160-ish which is attainable. Like the EScribe software idea and options.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I've heard a LOT of positive things about DNA 200. Have an IPV4 with the upgrade and its pretty keen. Little bit large for my taste and kinda butch for a girl... Using a Nebula for the moment -- debating getting a DNA 200 or a SX Mini M class with TC. Usually I vape from 18 - 40 watts max. Flavor chasing is more my thing. Clouds are nice but if the flavor sucks what's the point??? Have seen some DNA 200 mods for $160-ish which is attainable. Like the EScribe software idea and options.
Ipv4 is smaller than most dna200 mods
If ur vapjng at 18-40 watts... U dont really need a dna 200, its overkill, ur ipv4 is more than sufficient and is 1/3 the price

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I have both an IPV4 and several self designed DNA200s. The DNA200 is definitely a superior board, but for the price the IPV4 is very good (even if the build quality isn't the greatest). The size of my 1400mAh (5200mAh 18650 equivalent) DNA200 is 10mm deeper but much shorter than the IPV4. I get comparable run times from both. My 900mAh DNA200 is much smaller than the IPV4. If price is a concern, the IPV4 is a good buy.

Here are some pics of the IPV4 next to my 1400mAh DNA200:

20150826_085255.jpg
20150826_085310.jpg
20150826_085332.jpg

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
Ipv4 is smaller than most dna200 mods

If ur vapjng at 18-40 watts... U dont really need a dna 200, its overkill, ur ipv4 is more than sufficient and is 1/3 the price

I ABSOLUTELY love my IPV4, but!!

I much prefer my DNA200 with a 60 watt preheat at 40 watts or a 40 watt preheat at 20 watts than my IPV4 at similar wattage. That said, I am generally at higher wattages, but for comparisons sake, there is a significant difference.

LOL the IPV4 is NOT smaller than 'most DNA200 mods'. I'm not trying to be an .... but where did you come up with that? Sure, there are a few that are bigger but the following DNA200 mods are smaller than the IPV4 (and most of these that I list are significantly smaller).

Opus 200 (I have one, it's a huge difference)
Vaporshark 200
Hana V200
Boxer mod (both the LiPo and 18650 version)
HCigar VT200
Any reference/prototype Box
Lavabox 200
VM200 (Vaper Marek I believe)

You get the idea...I'd say the majority are smaller. Like I said, I have an IPV4 and an Opus 200. While the DNA200 is much more expensive, I think it is worth every penny. But like Cotay said, if price is a concern, get the IPV4 you'll love it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread