AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
...we smoked, usually the same brand.
Well, I did, rolling my own with the same tobacco for decades.
Yet we vape and have numerous bottles of eliquid interchanging them throughout the day.
Why, I wonder?

Cigarettes actually numbed our tastebuds and olfactory sense, as nearly all of us have discovered after quitting. Because of that, all that we required of our cigarettes was that they taste the same, familiar.

Now we can taste and smell again, and have one hell of a habit to try and overcome, so staying motivated to vape enough to vanquish that beast of a habit requires some creativity. If you taste the exact same thing all the time, you go "taste/nose blind" to it, which means your motivation to vape it will suffer, which could make a crack into the resolve not to smoke.

Just my :2c:...
Andria

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
choices ... one of the hardest things to find with vaping, is that perfect setup paired with an all day vape eLiquid.

once/if you do find that sweet spot ... vaping can become routine like smoking.

I've been vaping the same device, with the same flavour, every day for over a year :vapor:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Like WillyZee, I "settled down" into a single flavor (which I make 200 mls at a time).
But I have a couple dozen other flavorings I still may eventually mix into something or other, it's nice to have the option of variety. And certainly MOST people vape multiple flavors, and in fact, most people are always looking for something new to try.

Me, I still go for variety in equipment - buying a different atomizer every month or two, etc...
That's just the "hobby effect" - it's not just a habit, it's a hobby. It's fun, there's always new gear to try, a new build to build, etc.

Reactions: thetrucker

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Cigarettes actually numbed our tastebuds and olfactory sense, as nearly all of us have discovered after quitting. Because of that, all that we required of our cigarettes was that they taste the same, familiar.

Now we can taste and smell again, and have one hell of a habit to try and overcome, so staying motivated to vape enough to vanquish that beast of a habit requires some creativity. If you taste the exact same thing all the time, you go "taste/nose blind" to it, which means your motivation to vape it will suffer, which could make a crack into the resolve not to smoke.

Just my :2c:...
    Andria

Yeah that is what I was getting at only you worded it better................ Basically, if I ate cinnamon rolls frequently throughout the day and each and every single day then I just imagine that they would get rather old after awhile. Some folks can do the same flavor forever but lots of other folks find that a change in flavor breaks the monotony of the taste.

Reactions: thetrucker

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Like WillyZee, I "settled down" into a single flavor (which I make 200 mls at a time).
    But I have a couple dozen other flavorings I still may eventually mix into something or other, it's nice to have the option of variety. And certainly MOST people vape multiple flavors, and in fact, most people are always looking for something new to try.

Me, I still go for variety in equipment - buying a different atomizer every month or two, etc...
    That's just the "hobby effect" - it's not just a habit, it's a hobby. It's fun, there's always new gear to try, a new build to build, etc.

Yeah I find a flavor I really really like, and I stick with it... till I find some other flavor I really really like and switch to it... serial monogamy, as it were. :D Lately I've been finding myself a bit underwhelmed with my totally awesome strawberry & cream, so it's time for some experimentation.

Andria

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I actually did different flavors of tobacco over the years. The flavored little cigars, I was fond of the vanilla flavored ones, but I did cherry, peach, etc. Now I like Vanilla Custard vape :)

Yeah I smoked the cherry cigars and the vanilla ones as well......... Also I did pipes for awhile and tried many of the various flavors. Some were pretty good but they certainly didn't compare to a good vape :)

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    I used to get flavor fatigue quite easily with in hours of vaping the same flavor - it really sucked. A combination of things I'm doing now to prevent it for the most part. Puffing a different flavor every now and then (take two mods to work) My diy flavors just taste better to me then any of the store bought I used to use, so I actually DO vape same flavor for entire day, week, etc. But just taking a few puffs on a dif flavor every few hours really is the key for me. But, like someone up above said, even food will begin to get boring or even without taste if it's the only thing you are eating day in and day out. I smoke same brand of cigs for ever it seams. But only cuz they were the cheapest - lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread