Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
Looks like the Avalanche has started. I figure by October the China based distributors will have two dozen different models on sale all well under $200. By Christmas there will be DNA200 clones. Let the games begin lol.
Yep, Anglecigs have them both pre order for $160 as well

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I purchased one of the Cyberpower Surge Protectors with dual USB charging ports (2.1A). Will that work?

That should be find. Just keep in mind that a lot of these chargers they are overrating the output. The 2.1 amp may be the total and not the per port output. But in either case it should work just fine. (if you plug one item in the 2.1 amps will be available to it. If you plug two items in only one amp will be available to each port in both cases you still get all the charging current you need)

Last edited:

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
That should be find. Just keep in mind that a lot of these chargers they are overrating the output. The 2.1 amp may be the total and not the per port output. But in either case is should work just fine. (if you plug one item in the 2.1 amps will be available to it. If you plug two items in only one amp will be available to each port in both cases you still get all the charging current you need)
Doesn't the DNA 200 limit the charging rate to 1a?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
That should be find. Just keep in mind that a lot of these chargers they are overrating the output. The 2.1 amp may be the total and not the per port output. But in either case is should work just fine. (if you plug one item in the 2.1 amps will be available to it. If you plug two items in only one amp will be available to each port in both cases you still get all the charging current you need)
A quick search found this...

CSP604U

Tech Specs
  • Surge suppression - 1200 Joules
  • Circuit breaker - 15 Amp
  • Outlets - 6 outlets
  • Plug type - NEMA 5-15P (45° off-set)
  • Power cord - 4 ft.
  • USB charge ports - 2 x (2.1A shared)
So the ports are shared 2.1a. I recently got an Anker PowerBot PB5000 5 port usb charging box. It shares up to 8a max across the 5 ports and has IQ ports (adjusts accordingly to each device plugged in automatically). It was inexpensive ($12) and better than most USB charging boxes that cost 4x more.

Remember that the USB cables are also important. Some won't pass more than 500ma.

The DNA200's max charging is 1a.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
I see GearBest have put the VapeCige VTBox200 on PRESALE, be warned they don't have a great record for meeting dates, for $160 or £109 ETA 25/8/15

That's a nice mod. I have seen pics of this a few weeks ago, in the pics I've seen it looks a little wide in the hand and I wish that Vape Cige logo wasn't on the housing. I will wait for more mods to come out with the DNA 200 before choosing one but $160 looks like a good price. Also that Hcigar looks like a better choice for me being alot slimmer.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
That's a nice mod. I have seen pics of this a few weeks ago, in the pics I've seen it looks a little wide in the hand and I wish that Vape Cige logo wasn't on the housing. I will wait for more mods to come out with the DNA 200 before choosing one but $160 looks like a good price. Also that Hcigar looks like a better choice for me being alot slimmer.

Ryan,

I am not criticising you or your comfort with size.

But all these DNA 200s built in a match box if used at anything above 75 watts the battery is going to last about 15 minuets. Also look inside the Matchbox Mods and junk is so crammed in that there are things going on like movable 510 pins poking into the LiPo IMHO that is not cool. Also batteries soldered into the circuit board which makes user replacement difficult.

The Mod you linked to and the Hcigar while I don't know what size battery they have yet at least they put it in a box big enough to properly hold what it needs to hold. :2c:

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Honestly it's just funny to me to see people raging about the HCIGAR VT200 on the evolv board and some of the facebook groups I am on. Man oh man. Talking about how the chinese DNA 200 mods are going to destroy the "quality and honest" work of american mod makers.

Jesus christ. talk about bloated egos on some of these people.

I wonder how long it takes for the board to get from the US to me. Old board is all packaged and ready to shipped out tomorrow. work killed any chance of mailing it.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
What's the cheapest DNA 200 mod you can buy right now. Even if it's a kit, but a complete kit. Gracias

Printed enclosure of your choice from sculpteo. DNA200 chip from a retailer of your choice, Lipo battery designed for the case you buy from HobbyKing and a Varitube 510 connector.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Printed enclosure of your choice from sculpteo. DNA200 chip from a retailer of your choice, Lipo battery designed for the case you buy from HobbyKing and a Varitube 510 connector.

You can buy the Hcigar DNA 200 for $117 USD. I don't think you can build one that cheap especially if you count shipping.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
You can buy the Hcigar DNA 200 for $117 USD. I don't think you can build one that cheap especially if you count shipping.
That was a fake price put up by GearBest. It's now the most expensive DNA200 mod if you go by their pricing ($9999.00).

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
That was a fake price put up by GearBest. It's now the most expensive DNA200 mod if you go by their pricing ($9999.00).

Come on KTM you know better than that. There computers alway do that when the item is not available and the $117 dollar price is correct, real and will be valid when they receive their stock.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I'm thinking the shapeways evolv beta. I'm just worried I'll get it all built and it dies. I'm reading previous posts where peoples DNA 200's were going belly up from normal vaping.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Come on KTM you know better than that. There computers alway do that when the item is not available and the $117 dollar price is correct, real and will be valid when they receive their stock.
If it was anyone other than GearBest, I MIGHT believe that price. There is no way a DNA200 mod will be lower than $150 any time soon.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread