DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
Rip Trippers just released a post on FB about the dna 200. I thought Evolv wasn't into high wattage chips?

gJg2609.jpg

Last edited:

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
If this isn't upgradeable it's already a fail before we even see the bugs it'll have. Besides, weren't they the ones putting down high powered devices as unnecessary? Looks like a desperate attempt to salvage some market share from China lol

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
200w just doesn't seem like something Evolv would actually release as a production device.
I was thinking the same thing. On P busardo video for the introduction of the DNA 40 Brandon didn't look interested in making high power chips. Who needs 200 watts, I sure don't

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Dna70 with single battery, 200 w with two batteries?
Could it be that they have engineered an powersupply they deem safe enough to go that high?
Also checked that it wasn't the first of february.:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well you certainly wont get 200W out of one 18650 - even two is tricky I think..

SF0059

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Lynchburg, VA
I think Evolve may have woken up and realized that YiHi was eating their lunch.

I own a Hana V4d DNA40 and an SX Mini M-Class. I'm always torn because the SX350j is incredibly customizable, flexible and has been problem free. Evolve had proof of concept with the DNA40, but YiHi refined what it could be.

That being said, my DNA still provides a better vape (when the resistance is set right). It is more predictable and the TC is less intrusive. It is just in the user interface and some of the functions that the Evolve feels rough around the edges compared to the SX.

If Evolve can really come out with a high wattage board that combines their famously reliable power delivery with the feature set of YiHi they will again be top dog. But half measures wont cut it. They are going to need more than higher wattages to take back the crown.

Ultimately, we all benefit. What an exciting time to vape!

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Finlad
Mind you Bussardo gave DNA40 a thumb down.:D
For me Evolv after their lenghty reasoning why only 40 watts would require something quite intresting as far as batteries go in making since Evolv really doesn't need to do anything, the customers are already there, be they The Big Three (Hana, VaporShark or Flask), chinese buying the genuine chip or dozens of other modders since Evolv hasn't done anything ready after Kick 2.
Would like to see Darwin ported to modern day, though.
Without the arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
Well, I just bought a Yihi. So I'm almost certain this rumor is true.:p

I don't care whether it's Apple or Evolv, right after they try to convince you that you don't need a specific feature; they do their best to incorporate it in their product. If they are being asked about it, they are behind. That's the thing that keeps business owners up at night.

Reactions: SF0059

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
A good rc car type li-po pack can handle that kind of wattage (like the variant uses).
Also, there is already a 200 watt TC (supposedly) mod out... The snow wolf. Haven't read any reviews on it yet though. If this is true, I imagine it would be like the ipv 4, and limit the wattage considerably in TC mode.
Personally, I think the evic is a game changer, with having the coefficient for ti wire built in as well as ni.... That or user adjustable coefficients seems a bigger deal then extra wattage on a tc device, to me.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread