◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
I would like to be Pinched sooner rather than later. If you have an upcoming spot in next few batches and prefer a pdib classic sumptin today please let me know ;)

Thank-you.png

Curly Maple w/ Black

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm pretty sure yours is inscribed "BIJOU" somewhere, you just have to find it. :w00t:

You see that, Steve? How she switched that up on you (and me), and didn't even care to hook the faintest glimmer of contextual relevance to your question? Seamless! (because . . . . . no sewing . . . just ripping)

Good to hear tho, Cap'n. Glad it fits your hand well.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Question for the 1st runners

Since you've received "el pincho" how many times have you vaped any other mod?

Personally nada. I vowed never to take it outta the house but that went south real quick (in fact the second day :smokie:)
I figured screw it you only live once and I intend to enjoy every minute with el pincho

I will admit, vaping at .3 ohms on mechs and switching up flavors throughout the day, I always have at least 2 (usually 3) mods with me ready to go when I leave the house. But... when I'm at home she doesn't leave my hand.

As to never taking her out of the house, she's like my American Express.

sjoat

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2011
Earth
Wondering about something here... Not sure if it's been discussed...

(I know if you want a regulated mod you have to request it specially etc. Can't remember the name of the ECFer who does this to pdib's mods, but if I remember correctly, that's the procedure - ie. he does it, not pdib. Anyway...)

So obviously everyone here is a squonker (prefers squonking, hopefully). Not sure about the allegiance to mechanical vs regulated.

Personally I like mech, but I'd love the _option_ to 'enable' regulated. It's probably complicated and mod makers may be rolling their eyes at me, but how feasible would it be to have a plug-and-play type chip for the dibi? I know vaping tech is heading in that kind of modular direction (Cloudmaker Whiteout etc). Would there be space in the mod for this? What other considerations would there be?

tl;dr: I know 100% that I want a bottom fed mod that's pretty/durable/etc. And I'd like to be able to toggle it between being a mechanical mod and a regulated mod without anything but my fingers. How likely is this to happen, how feasible is it

If you're thinking "dude just get two mods" - yeah, but I'm naive. Just curious really

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

(I know if you want a regulated mod you have to request it specially etc. Can't remember the name of the ECFer who does this to pdib's mods, but if I remember correctly, that's the procedure - ie. he does it, not pdib. Anyway...)

So obviously everyone here is a squonker (prefers squonking, hopefully). Not sure about the allegiance to mechanical vs regulated.

Personally I like mech, but I'd love the _option_ to 'enable' regulated. It's probably complicated and mod makers may be rolling their eyes at me, but how feasible would it be to have a plug-and-play type chip for the dibi? I know vaping tech is heading in that kind of modular direction (Cloudmaker Whiteout etc). Would there be space in the mod for this? What other considerations would there be?

tl;dr: I know 100% that I want a bottom fed mod that's pretty/durable/etc. And I'd like to be able to toggle it between being a mechanical mod and a regulated mod without anything but my fingers. How likely is this to happen, how feasible is it

If you're thinking "dude just get two mods" - yeah, but I'm naive. Just curious really

Pdib made some shells for the GDNA mod, that's probably what your thinking of. All of Peters mods, that he makes, are mech.

Peter is the only one who can answer the question of is it likely or feasible but my guess is that it could be feasible but isn't at all likely.

Short answer, "Dude, just get 2 mods" :D

sasquatchgrip

Aug 13, 2013
New Orleans, LA
Question for the 1st runners

Since you've received "el pincho" how many times have you vaped any other mod?

Personally nada. I vowed never to take it outta the house but that went south real quick (in fact the second day :smokie:)
I figured screw it you only live once and I intend to enjoy every minute with el pincho

Hey Cap,

Had my El Puncho for a few weeks now. I do pretty dirty work in the New Orleans humidity, so my wee cocobolo stays at home while the Reo gets abused. But as soon as I get home and put the Reo down, I fall in love with El Puncho all over again.

I'm a man with big hands, the pinch doesn't feel small, it's comfortable.(what I tell all the girls). I've gotten down the technique of dropping my firing pin into the chamber when there is no battery present, and unscrewing the top cap from the delrin before unscrewing the addy.

Every bar and coffee shop I frequent here in NOLA has been a bevy of, "dude, what that is?" And, "can I hit that?" Nutty caramel apple from vapor chef makes everyone happy.

I gotta say it again Pete, this a beautiful and minimalist mod. For me this more of a home/going out mod, just cause I'd hate to get it covered in grip hands. It's so pretty.

So to answer your question Cap, my el Puncho is like a wife, and my Reo is like a work fling. They both have place and a function, one is dirtier than the other, and one I really love to go home to.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Hey Cap,

Had my El Puncho for a few weeks now. I do pretty dirty work in the New Orleans humidity, so my wee cocobolo stays at home while the Reo gets abused. But as soon as I get home and put the Reo down, I fall in love with El Puncho all over again.

I'm a man with big hands, the pinch doesn't feel small, it's comfortable.(what I tell all the girls). I've gotten down the technique of dropping my firing pin into the chamber when there is no battery present, and unscrewing the top cap from the delrin before unscrewing the addy.

Every bar and coffee shop I frequent here in NOLA has been a bevy of, "dude, what that is?" And, "can I hit that?" Nutty caramel apple from vapor chef makes everyone happy.

I gotta say it again Pete, this a beautiful and minimalist mod. For me this more of a home/going out mod, just cause I'd hate to get it covered in grip hands. It's so pretty.

So to answer your question Cap, my el Puncho is like a wife, and my Reo is like a work fling. They both have place and a function, one is dirtier than the other, and one I really love to go home to.
Oh the cocobolo was my favourite. Congrats

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

The day you vape a Li'l Pinch you'll quickly forget all about that curiosity you had :)

McPuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
P.A. USA

you can get a squonk mod made with the sx350j chip. that chip will run a bunch of different modes. including bypass which makes it a mech.

sjoat

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2011
Earth
The day you vape a Li'l Pinch you'll quickly forget all about that curiosity you had :)
Probably true. Just tired of owning/maintaining multiple mods. I'm thinking long-term.
you can get a squonk mod made with the sx350j chip. that chip will run a bunch of different modes. including bypass which makes it a mech.
While that's pretty cool, my idea is for the mech mode to be indistinguishable from a mech mod. Ie. remove all traces of electronics - when the chip is there it regulates the current, when it's not the current just flows. Know what I mean? I should have clarified that earlier. In other words it's a mechanical mod, which you can make regulated if you like. I'll get back in my box now.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Although your visions of vape futura may be fine, I fear you're preaching to a congregation of strict old Catholic nuns so to say (forgive the analogy boys but I gotta bring the point across).

I would say most here have had a "dab" at the old DNA mod at some point in time and despite all the bells and whistles I personally find there's nothing better than a finely handmade mech. No frills, no gimmicks just a "knock your socks off" aficionados kinda vape. I can't personally compare that to any kind of fancy piece of electronic circuitry.

Again just my humble opinion

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Although your visions of vape futura may be fine, I fear you're preaching to a congregation of strict old Catholic nuns so to say (forgive the analogy boys but I gotta bring the point across).

I would say most here have had a "dab" at the old DNA mod at some point in time and despite all the bells and whistles I personally find there's nothing better than a finely handmade mech. No frills, no gimmicks just a "knock your socks off" aficionados kinda vape. I can't personally compare that to any kind of fancy piece of electronic circuitry.

Again just my humble opinion

I couldn't agree more :thumbs: :nun:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I must admit, I also prefer mechanical. For me, personally, a regulated APV is kin'a like one of those electric-assist bicycles in a town where everything is always downhill. I totally understand, tho, that other people like to vape other stuff, for their own good reasons.
I had, at one time (before any question of me making a mod came up) thought it would be cool to have a bypassable regulated mod. This tho, was specific to the circumstances of the time, where there was no regulated mod that could pump out more than about 12-20 Watts. And the reason was specifically to go beyond the limitations of the device when desirable. Anymore, power isn't an issue, and so it seems to me that, if a person prefers a chip in their mod, there really wouldn't be a time when switching to mech would add possibilities.
On a practical level, size matters, and I'd hazard a guess to say that I've got pretty much the smallest wood in town. :D (that you can squeeze, that is to say).
Making room for a board would be a compromise not worth the payoff, in my mind. Making a separate, plug and play housing for the board would add the size of the board AND the size of the housing. There's other deets too: mech VS regulated wiring and contacts and connections benefit from different infrastructures. I'm sure it could be worked out where both can be accommodated; but I don't think it would be the best of both worlds. Most often, the amount of compromises required for an overly complex or redundant system aren't worth the benefits. Most often, the failure rate increases as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread