Who is reading the Electronic Cigarette News and Campaigning subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee
Loved snork's tongue-in-cheek answer.

The threads in Media, Legislation, and FDA are all I've been reading the past year or two.

I'm glad the newcomers' sections and the many various topics about equipment are so active. That's where I went, of course, when I first started vaping. Actually, I was digging deep into many topics on ECF months *before* I started vaping. I wanted to learn all I could, about good equipment to get started with... before I started spending money to switch.

After that, it didn't take long to find my way to the Electronic News and Campaigning area. I check these threads almost every day. I rarely post but am grateful to those who do post here regularly.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I'm glad the newcomers' sections and the many various topics about equipment are so active. That's where I went, of course, when I first started vaping. Actually, I was digging deep into many topics on ECF months *before* I started vaping. I wanted to learn all I could, about good equipment to get started with... before I started spending money to switch.

I read ecf posts on and off for a few years before I finally started vaping. First I wasn't sure I wanted to vape, then I wanted to be sure I got a good start.

After that, it didn't take long to find my way to the Electronic News and Campaigning area. I check these threads almost every day. I rarely post but am grateful to those who do post here regularly.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Hello!

I don't post in this section even though I have about 40 years experience in single issue activism. But talk of that particular single issue, though closely related, isn't welcomed around here, which is a pity.

It is a little sad when one recreational substance is a godsend, yet another, with proven medicinal and recreational value is shunned...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello!

I don't post in this section even though I have about 40 years experience in single issue activism. But talk of that particular single issue, though closely related, isn't welcomed around here, which is a pity.

Hello, Tax, and welcome to ECF.

There is a reason why ECF decided not to allow the discussion of "other" substances on this forum:

Why we don't allow drug talk | E-Cigarette Forum

You may agree or disagree with this position, but it is a private forum and they make the rules.

However, you are welcome and we wish you all the best in your advocacy!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have to wonder how many people read this section of the forum but very rarely post.

It always concerns me how few posters (outside of a core group) post around these parts.
So I was hoping maybe some of you lurkers could let us know you're out there.

Maybe if you could take a moment to just post a "Hello" in this thread?
I think many of us would really like to know you're out there.
:)

Hiya from da Betts.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Hello, Tax, and welcome to ECF.

There is a reason why ECF decided not to allow the discussion of "other" substances on this forum:

Why we don't allow drug talk | E-Cigarette Forum

You may agree or disagree with this position, but it is a private forum and they make the rules.

However, you are welcome and we wish you all the best in your advocacy!
I don't know why two people have now made a post to make a point that I conceded in my first paragraph.

I understand their restrictions and even their reasons for them.

It is somewhat frustrating, though, to have pounded the pavement to get an issue on the Denver ballot that, if it passes, would protect the rights of business owners to allow vaping in their establishments. It will be on the ballot in November.

And that's all I can say about it.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
It is a little sad when one recreational substance is a godsend, yet another, with proven medicinal and recreational value is shunned...
Especially when you consider how closely entwined the two are. Laws affecting one will affect the other. Like the Denver ballot issue that I can't talk about.

Not talking about it won't make it go away.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Especially when you consider how closely entwined the two are. Laws affecting one will affect the other. Like the Denver ballot issue that I can't talk about.

Not talking about it won't make it go away.
Welcome taxguydave! I couldn't agree more. There needs to be a forum for combined talk. I understand why it's banned here, too many goofy posters come & go which ruins it for the serious.

I still skim the forum here, but don't live here anymore. Like Dora the fish, I need to save money.... oh look! Another mod!...

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Welcome taxguydave! I couldn't agree more. There needs to be a forum for combined talk. I understand why it's banned here, too many goofy posters come & go which ruins it for the serious.

I still skim the forum here, but don't live here anymore. Like Dora the fish, I need to save money.... oh look! Another mod!...
Yes, I accidentally went into a vape shop Tuesday and somehow walked out with a 60W eVic VT.

When I started out on this path in 1975, I had no idea that one day, smoking anything wouldn't be allowed anywhere in public. It never occurred to me that I would one day get dragged into two fights while advocating for one. I never anticipated this.

But here we are. In Denver, this ballot issue, if it passes, will claw back some restrictions on vaping (and smoking as well), as well as preventing future encroachment.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Yes, I accidentally went into a vape shop Tuesday and somehow walked out with a 60W eVic VT.

When I started out on this path in 1975, I had no idea that one day, smoking anything wouldn't be allowed anywhere in public. It never occurred to me that I would one day get dragged into two fights while advocating for one. I never anticipated this.

But here we are. In Denver, this ballot issue, if it passes, will claw back some restrictions on vaping (and smoking as well), as well as preventing future encroachment.
Oh nice mod! Time to swim away before I bite another hook...

We are literally fighting for the right to enjoy the act of quitting smoking, and the act of healing. Makes me sick.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't know why two people have now made a post to make a point that I conceded in my first paragraph.

I understand their restrictions and even their reasons for them.

Just trying to be helpful and say hello.

Please remember that this forum was founded in 2007 by a Briton, so technically, this is a British forum. Both medicinal and recreational use of cannabis was then illegal in Great Britain, USA, Canada and pretty much everywhere else. It still is illegal in most countries, even though the laws are slowly changing.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I specifically try and look over the threads in this section when I get the chance although I rarely post in them mainly because there is really no need for me to do so. There are others here that are able to express the salient points on the subject matter at hand far better and more eloquently than I.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi! :)

Mossy

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2013
Sydney Australia
Being from another planet down under( home of the devil Chapman :evil:), this section was the only part of this forum which kept me updated to the activism going on around the world. It basically stirred me into action, seeing all the media control the ANTZ brigade were achieving. It is and has always been my first stop, but I have noticed the lack of new contributors recently.
Thanks to all who poked their heads up on this thread:headbang::headbang::headbang::toast:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Thanks for that bit of info. I'll look for more to read about it.
Looks to be the "Campaign for Limited Social Use". (Bars, etc...). Yes, that could be helpful for us, too.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I'm subscribed to this forum but read more than I post. By the time articles are posted here, I've usually already seen links on Twitter, read them from the source, and retweeted or commented.

I'm not one to read the first post and add my two cents, I typically read everything and usually by the time I'm caught up, 12 people have already said what I might have wanted to say.

I too believe it's under-read and under-utilized; I frequently see topics that should be posted here posted in New Members or other general discussion sub-forums.

What'r y' gonna do, y' know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread