Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
What do you think is the better rta .... Lemo 2 vs the Subtank Mini V2 (using the optional build deck in the Subtank Mini V2)?

Considering flooding, gurgling, leaking, ease of single coil build, overall quality, overall vape

Anybody here ever own both of these atomizers?
I don't. What I have is the Lemo V1 and the Subtank Mini V1. With that disclaimer out of the way, the Subtank is superior. Better airflow, easier deck (and the decks are about the same size), similar capacities, AND the ability to take coil heads if you're ever away from your build kit and a coil goes out.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I don't. What I have is the Lemo V1 and the Subtank Mini V1. With that disclaimer out of the way, the Subtank is superior. Better airflow, easier deck (and the decks are about the same size), similar capacities, AND the ability to take coil heads if you're ever away from your build kit and a coil goes out.

For me it's the complete opposite. I have both V1s, and I totally prefer my Lemo (drop), for flavor, no-hassle, less noise, no spit-back, and it doesn't touch my chin as I vape. IMO, they are both good, it's just a case of YMMV.

Although, if not being able to access the build deck on a full tank is a deal-breaker for you (it's not for me) then go for the STM.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
What do you think is the better RTA .... Lemo 2 vs the Subtank Mini V2 (using the optional build deck in the Subtank Mini V2)?

Considering flooding, gurgling, leaking, ease of single coil build, overall quality, overall vape

Anybody here ever own both of these atomizers?

I've got STM's in V1 and V2 flavor and Lemo 2's.

Lemo is an ok tank at 1 ohm or better. Muted flavor and ok vapor. As it comes its a dry hitter mutha but easy to drill out. Not a bad tank really just kinda blah. Low ohms and high power make this unit fail quickly.

STM is ok at super high ohms and low power but can be spitty. She really shines in the .5Ω and 40+ watt range. Good flavor at low power and much better at high power. Good solid performer. Can't run with the better RTA's but great if you don't wanna get super deep into building and the greatest backup unit ever.

Both are super easy to build on. All lemo's need drilling and older STM's do also. The V2's are ready to roll out of the box.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I have both the STMv1, STMv2 and Lemo2.
    • air flow I'd rate the Lemo2 and STMv2 as a tie, the Lemo2 has smaller (dual) air intakes but has a larger hole under the coil and much larger diameter vertical air duct
    • optional factory coils - both STM's win here as it is not an option on the Lemo2
    • top fill - while a black STM top fill option is available on Fasttech, the Lemo2 wins here
    • build deck - no comparison - there is room in the Lemo2 for large dual Ni200 builds
    • leaking - I don't think I've ever had a STM leak, the Lemo2 can when used 'inproperly'
    • flavor - Lemo2 nod again, entirely dependent on the users build
    • cloud forming - Lemo2 nod again, with tons of build space there's plenty of room for lots of windings and lots of cotton
    • %100VG use - unmodified tie here. While the STMv2 works better than the STMv1 ANY of the three can be built to handle %100VG - unless of course your "chain vaping" at high wattage then most tanks/builds can have problems/issues.
    I need to provide a 'disclaimer' with the above statements - all my usage with the above tanks is with Ni200 builds using TC mods in (of course) TC mode. All my tanks regularly use unflavored %100VG (well technically %98.2 as 1.8% is VG base nicotine).

Reactions: Fit_Four_Life

VaPreis

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    I've got STM's in V1 and V2 flavor and Lemo 2's.

Lemo is an ok tank at 1 ohm or better. Muted flavor and ok vapor. As it comes its a dry hitter mutha but easy to drill out. Not a bad tank really just kinda blah. Low ohms and high power make this unit fail quickly.

Currently running a 0.4Ω spaced parallel build in an unmodified OG Lemo at 40 Watts without any dry hits. (It's awesome!)

Fit_Four_Life

Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2015
    I have 3 subtank minis w the v1 RBA deck , 2 subtank +s and 3 of the Lemo 2 tanks. I think the flavor is better with the Lemo 2 but I find they leak when laid down on their side. The subtank sure can spit at times. If it wasn't for the leaking I wouldn't even use the subtank, however I just recently tried the subtank with the new vertical dual coil pre-made head and have to say it's the best experience with the subtank mini so far, not one pop or spit.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
    in flux
    I've got a stm v2 and a Lemo 2 and I much prefer the Lemo. Both atys are stock. I haven't had any leaking issues with either. As much as I dislike kanger, the stm is great quality piece, but so is the Lemo. In my opinion the Lemo wicks better. I'm running a simple 26 ga contact build at 40 watts with zero dry hits and good vapor and flavor. My stm definitely floods and gurgles, but rarely dry hits. I've never got a dry hit off the lemo. My :2c:

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011
    Rolla MO
    I have both a Lemo v1 and the subtank nano.... I use both, but I much prefer the vape of the Lemo over the STN. The amount of vapor and flavor of the Lemo is more pronounced with the same build. (1.5 ohms, 2.5 mm coil). I rebuild both in Kanthal and Nickel. The STN would hit the temp limit of 420 within 2 seconds and then I would feel a definite power down. With the Lemo, you could draw and you would never hit the limit. It would max out at around 370 and the vape would still feel warm (not hot) all the way through the draw.

I haven't tried the RBA deck for the mini though..........

If they made the Lemo V2 with the RBA base of the Kanger, it would be my perfect RTA.................

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Just one question: does the STM have room for builds like this:
    20518551142_1d014e7fc6.jpg

(I own 3x STM's and 2x Lemo2's)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread