DIY E liquid help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made my first E liquid mix today and the flavor seemed a little to low. I mainly looking for good vapor production, decent flavor and no, to little throat hit. Im running an Ather tech Plume Veil clone RDA with a sigelei box mod. Im vaping at 27 watts on 28 gauge dual coils(6/7 wraps) with a .5 resistance. In the case of RDAs, what percentage of your mix is flavoring? Should I add any water for an RDA mix?

nicotine VG only solution 100mg/ml: 2.0 ml/4.00%
VG (no nicotine): 46.0 ml/92.00%
Water: 0.0 ml/0.00%
Flavoring: 50/50 Loran Watermellon/Strawberry 2.0 ml/4.00%

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
In the case of RDAs, what percentage of your mix is flavoring?

Depends on the recipe. They go from 0.35% to 35%. Finding the right flavoring level for the specific flavorings and taste you're going for is kinda' what the whole recipe development stage is all about.

Should I add any water for an RDA mix?

Are you having wicking issues? If so, then water may help. If not, then water may not. One way to find out is to make a batch with some water and see what you think.

That said, 4% is pretty low for a Lorann's fruit, but it really depends on what effect you are going for.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have several Loranns flavors and they need to steep. I made a 5% standalone of apple, watermelon, amaretto. They did get good after a couple weeks, the apple and amaretto really surprised me as the watermelon stayed a bit flat. The Loranns lime took everything over and even at 1% it destroyed all the other flavors. The banana cream is good if you can get past the coloring. The only Loranns I like is the cream du menthe and I add 1 1/2% to my Hangsen tobaccos, it adds a nice mint without menthol. The wintergreen is IMO too medicinal taste and mighty strong, it clouded my kayfun atty, the smell and taste won't come out of the atty or glass jug I used to store the juice. The coloring they use turned me off of a lot of the Loranns flavors.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
As hoosier said depending on the recipe anywhere from 1 - 35%. Loranne flavorings are all over the place some are good at 3 - 5% some need 20 or more percent. You just need to experiment. A better choice of flavorings may be in order. Try Hangsen or inawera sold at bullcity. Hangsen makes very good tobacco flavoring and inawera is good for everything else including tobacco even though Hangsen does have the better edge on tobacco. There also more concentrated so you use less. Hangsen 5- 7% inawera 1 - 4% and are pretty consistant and easier to get right the first time.

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread