RDA Velocity or Kennedy V2 Authentic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
It depends on what you're looking for. V2 Kennedy's with the old style base are on sale on their website because of the release of the new deck which is the same as the Kennedy 24mm design but 22mm in diameter. You could get a 22mm Kennedy with Demon Cap for $90 (or the comp Kennedy for $85) on their site. The new deck model is going to cost you $100 though, with dragon cap.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I've owned both a Kennedy 24 (newest one) and a Velocity (authentic). I just couldn't get a good vape from the Velocity regardless of the build that was in it, basic ..... build, twisted, claptons, fused claptons you name it. The Kennedy is built for competitions and I have seen quite a few people win comps with kennedys. The Velocity may be easier to build on but you get so much more with the Kennedy. Since I've owned the kennedy I've gotten a wonderful vape regardless of the build I've put it, the flavor is stelllar and the clouds are great. I can't recommend this atty enough and would say to go with the Kennedy.

Reactions: Strange Smile

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I've owned both a Kennedy 24 (newest one) and a Velocity (authentic). I just couldn't get a good vape from the Velocity regardless of the build that was in it, basic ..... build, twisted, claptons, fused claptons you name it. The Kennedy is built for competitions and I have seen quite a few people win comps with kennedys. The Velocity may be easier to build on but you get so much more with the Kennedy. Since I've owned the kennedy I've gotten a wonderful vape regardless of the build I've put it, the flavor is stelllar and the clouds are great. I can't recommend this atty enough and would say to go with the Kennedy.
How do you like the Kennedy 24mm? I've been looking into buying one since the announcement of it.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I can't comment on the Kennedy or velocity because I don't own them; but from close inspection the ehpro Nixon is basically a Kennedy v1 with airflow control and a two hole block style positive post. The airflow is on the opposite aide of the deck in relation to the Kennedy so it likes clockwise coils instead of counterclockwise. The fit and finish are great and it is inexpensive compared to the Kennedy and Velocity, so if you are clone averse it could be a good way to see of you like how rdas like the Kennedy work.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
How do you like the Kennedy 24mm? I've been looking into buying one since the announcement of it.
K24 is amazing, I haven't touched any other atty since getting it. I'm a flavor junkie and this thing has even benched my Stumpy, which wasn't dethroned by anything. The flavor is amazing, the draw is amazing and the build deck is a decent size. I wish it was bigger but I was able to get a quad coil set up in it which I'm still vaping on (twisted 26g, 2.5mm ID 6 wraps @ .14 ohms). There's hardly any leaking, I say hardly because if you drip down the side or in the airholes it's gonna leak. The juice well is massive and there's no spitback. The atty can get warm but not so it's uncomfortable. I chain vape my quad setup at 150w and at most it gets a bit warm. The build quality is probably the best I've seen in any atty, it's nice a beefy thick stainless steel and it looks gorgeous on any box mod. Kennedy now has out the cerakoted caps and I've already placed my order for a black cap. I can't recommend the Kennedy 24 enough.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
Man I feel dumb now I shouldn't have ordered a Velocity :/ So many good reviews though I don't get it .. ...

Don't feel bad. If my experience is opposite of a lot of reviews I usually try and figure out out why I am having problems. Every single bottom flow atomizer I have used is more prone to leaking if I place wick in close proximity to the air hole. When I was more careful with my wicking I got my mutation xv4 to stop leaking out the bottom airflow holes (condensation leaking out the side air holes is another story). Building on my derringer taught me how much of a difference the coils positioning in relation to the air holes makes. Pay attention to what is going on in the atty and you can get good results off just about any RDA.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
K24 is amazing, I haven't touched any other atty since getting it. I'm a flavor junkie and this thing has even benched my Stumpy, which wasn't dethroned by anything. The flavor is amazing, the draw is amazing and the build deck is a decent size. I wish it was bigger but I was able to get a quad coil set up in it which I'm still vaping on (twisted 26g, 2.5mm ID 6 wraps @ .14 ohms). There's hardly any leaking, I say hardly because if you drip down the side or in the airholes it's gonna leak. The juice well is massive and there's no spitback. The atty can get warm but not so it's uncomfortable. I chain vape my quad setup at 150w and at most it gets a bit warm. The build quality is probably the best I've seen in any atty, it's nice a beefy thick stainless steel and it looks gorgeous on any box mod. Kennedy now has out the cerakoted caps and I've already placed my order for a black cap. I can't recommend the Kennedy 24 enough.
Kennedy enterprises just started coming out with the colored caps, I'm stoked. How are the post holes? In comparison to something like a mutation x in size?

Madd Hatter

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I have the kennedy v1 with a gremlin cap, kennedy 22 with a dragon cap and a velocity. All authentic if that makes a difference. The kennedy v1 I use on a mech to test juice. The velocity i use for crazier builds because of big post holes and two post design. Currently have a fused clapton on it which is great. The kennedy 22 is my favorite for both flavor and clouds. Have a dual 24 guage in it on a hexohm and it is awesome. If you like different big wire builds or easy to build on rda i say go velocity. If you are doing single wire maybe twisted I say go kennedy 22 or 24. Either way you cant go wrong. They are my top 2 rdas.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Kennedy enterprises just started coming out with the colored caps, I'm stoked. How are the post holes? In comparison to something like a mutation x in size?
Post holes are a decent size, was able to get a quad coil set up in there. Right now running dual fused claptons (24g A1 wrapped with 40g n80) but think I may go back to my quad coil set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread