Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
It is very important. You can still vent a battery with a tank. :)
For a mechanical mod, just use ohm's law to figure out how much current you're drawing. For a regulated mod, in wattage/VW mode, just divide the max wattage by the mod's low cutoff voltage (or use 3.2V if you don't know) to get the max current it will draw from the battery.

Then select a battery that has a continuous current rating equal or higher than that. Or, you can check out the other resources available for choosing a battery. I have a table of safety "grades", from 5A-30A, for all the batteries I've tested that might help:

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

Thank you, my newly created "Batteries" favorites folder is filling up.

Much appreciated, seriously.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I guess beginners like me are afraid of asking because of other forums where you can't ask any questions and if you do you will be blamed. They say all the time there is google for that question and find the most questions stupid. But this community is much different than the others. I didn't realize it until now (my bad :wub:). I'm glad that i asked my questions and got amazing help from everyone and veterans (I'm flattered) :) It is just a great experience. And thank you for telling me this too.
I don't know what I would have done if I was told I was asking a stupid question when I first started out. It makes me mad that there can be forums like that. grrr. I wish everyone would start out their vaping journey with ECF. This is absolutely the BEST place for learning. I learn something new every day here! :)

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
A good contest question would be, try to find a vape question that wasn't asked and answered on ECF :)

tumblr_niyfh2l9wB1u5oh1vo1_1280.jpg

coldwind

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
No matter what some answers may be or sound like:

The ONLY Dumb Question is the one left un-asked!!

You are absolutely right. Thanks

Thats true don't ever, ever, NEVER hesitate to ask a question ANY where on ECF. You will get helped, You may be directed to another sub-forum on ECF, but you will always get help, friendly help.

I know that now and i will do my best :) I'm sure that i will ask some other questions. I hope i can answer others questions too someday. Thanks.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Maybe? I don't know. I gave the vape shop owner the RBA head when I bought my TFV4. I really have no interest right now.

Right now it's all about staying off the tobacco. The TFV4 and the top fill made that easier for me then it was with a bottom fill tank (artic).
Stay off tobacco IS the ultimate goal of all of this,,,,,,, in the end thats all that matters. And it's awesome here is so much out there so everyone can vape what they want how they want, No matter if you make your own juice, coils or even mods. Or if you would rather just buy it all off the rack. No stinkies is No stinkies and thats why we are all here

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
I don't know what I would have done if I was told I was asking a stupid question when I first started out. It makes me mad that there can be forums like that. grrr. I wish everyone would start out their vaping journey with ECF. This is absolutely the BEST place for learning. I learn something new every day here! :)
Very true... People even happily take the time to explain stuff to me here and I'm slow lolol

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Maybe? I don't know. I gave the vape shop owner the RBA head when I bought my TFV4. I really have no interest right now.

Right now it's all about staying off the tobacco. The TFV4 and the top fill made that easier for me then it was with a bottom fill tank (artic).
Everyone goes at their own pace. I was on Egos and pen-style vapes with cartos (eek!) for a good couple of years until I finally got tired of them always falling over, or getting bunk coils, or whatever, and then I got my first box mod and it has been warp speed ever since. Some people jump right in to the latest and greatest and some have to take things slower, especially if they are quite satisfied with the equipment they are using. The best part about vaping is you can tailor it to exactly what you want when you want it. :)

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Thats true don't ever, ever, NEVER hesitate to ask a question ANY where on ECF. You will get helped, You may be directed to another sub-forum on ECF, but you will always get help, friendly help.

I have no problem asking "stupid questions".

I'll admit, I'm pretty ignorant to vaping.

You guys have been doing this for years and year. What a better group of people to ask? Why do I want to learn "the hard way" when it's already been learned? Especially about things I have little to no knowledge about.

coldwind

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
I feel very lucky that i have found this forum after i just started vaping. The best place ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread