Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
and i am still vaping on my poorly pink painted black mini+ that was also won here [emoji13]

EEENNNVVVYYYYY
9c17d00289be2c6e4589e40f92f5724e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks great! There's more than one way to get a pink mod, lol! :D Is that a glow in the dark silicone drip tip? That's what I have on mine, which I am actually vaping on right now, lol! :)

Reactions: diabolique

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
It looks great! There's more than one way to get a pink mod, lol! :D Is that a glow in the dark silicone drip tip? That's what I have on mine, which I am actually vaping on right now, lol! :)

yea that is a rubber-ish spray paint which turned out okay, but easily chips off when put in and out my jeans pocket and then i need to re spray. the original mini+ black finish is tremendously durable.
actually the plastic driptip came from pink kangertech subtank nano kit, which i like a lot for MTL (the tip, hate the kit conpletely), its height width and inner diameter are perfect, and it is pink. the tron is also wonderful for MTL, pain in the back to rebuild and often leaks like rain, but wonderful MTL tank nevertheless.

Reactions: cooladdict

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
yea that is a rubber-ish spray paint which turned out okay, but easily chips off when put in and out my jeans pocket and then i need to re spray. the original mini+ black finish is tremendously durable.
actually the plastic driptip came from pink kangertech subtank nano kit, which i like a lot for MTL (the tip, hate the kit conpletely), its height width and inner diameter are perfect, and it is pink. the tron is also wonderful for MTL, pain in the back to rebuild and often leaks like rain, but wonderful MTL tank nevertheless.

Where did you get the rubber paint? Also does it come in other colors???

Reactions: iwriduan

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

Neat! I have a friend who redpaints mods with fingernail polish and then puts a coat of clear over the paint and she swears by it. I really do love the color of that paint you are using! It's the perfect bubblegum pink! The Kanger tip matches it perfectly. :)

Reactions: iwriduan

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
e55cf5d1bbeffe4c823a8d241ba5730d.jpg
My pink cloupor is still hanging in there! My negative contact almost broke completely off, but my Husband saved the day! He soldered it, and it is working a again. It is my favorite mod, and I love it. One of these days I need to get myself another one. If I was stranded could only choose one mod, it would be my cloupor mini plus!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
For the mini+ negative terminal, if you put a little bit of rubber under the terminal it acts as a shock absorber, works great.
I used a piece of garage door weatherstrip -- it's a neoprene rubber, moderately compressible, springs back well.
2d8989a713237dee697d794f2d6ac417.jpg

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Yea, after multiple hard drops I have had to pry that connection back up several time. I also managed to loosen the cove on the left hand side and it just kind of rides in there now. But, after a ton of serious abuse, this thing keeps on ticking! Did you glue that piece of rubber in there or just stuff it ib?

Reactions: wvducklady

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
For the mini+ negative terminal, if you put a little bit of rubber under the terminal it acts as a shock absorber, works great.
I used a piece of garage door weatherstrip -- it's a neoprene rubber, moderately compressible, springs back well.
2d8989a713237dee697d794f2d6ac417.jpg
That is a great idea! My Husband put some solder underneath before he soldered the break, and it is holding good this time.

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
Where did you get the rubber paint? Also does it come in other colors???

sorry i missed your post.
duno if you would find the same brand. but do look for similar spray paint at local automobile (tyres & wheels to be precise) shop. they use these paint to custom wheels and other exterior & non hot dissipating surfaced car parts.

bdbac454a47fbff55aa27490eff97879.jpg

d281bbe1a6d80b124a80897059ee6666.jpg

be1e4332a71dee136d259e51ebd3f4dd.jpg

yes there are plethoras of colors [emoji7]

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
Mine is ticking along fine, if a bit scratched and in need of some of that rubber paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

since dismantling mini+ has been a pain in the bottom, i found the easiest tricks to paint mini+ thoroughly are:

screen: using a masking tape to cover the screen. i found that a layer of mod podge on the screen actually better since you dont have to fine cut the tape along the side of the screen. mod podge is super easy to peel off (add a few drop of water to ease the peeling process)

buttons: since its buttons are metal you can leave them out and after you satisfied with your paint result you can use a fine cutter to scrape the paint on the buttons (or just mask taped the round top part of the buttons to keep its shiny circular surface then you can scrape the buttons side with fine cutter)

usb port & 510: a blob of that blue-tacky thingy will work just fine to cover both and will be easily removed using tweezer and fine clean the 510 thread with bent needle

battery compartment: cover em all with layers of masking tape.

note when you are insisting on total dismantling your mini+: the craziest part is the hot glue. even if you succeeded removing the hot glue you will find out that the 510 is press fit to the mod casing.
you can desolder the 510 but for me it would be too much.
be extra careful
with the cable connecting battery +/- terminal, dunno, i think they are rubber glued for a purpose.

well repainting mini+ has never been as joy as repainting evic vtc mini (i managed to changed my evic color 3 times in just one day) but the form factor of mini+ as a small mod with user replaceable 18650 is UNBEATABLE.

hope tis help [emoji38]

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
since dismantling mini+ has been a pain in the bottom, i found the easiest tricks to paint mini+ thoroughly are:

screen: using a masking tape to cover the screen. i found that a layer of mod podge on the screen actually better since you dont have to fine cut the tape along the side of the screen. mod podge is super easy to peel off (add a few drop of water to ease the peeling process)

buttons: since its buttons are metal you can leave them out and after you satisfied with your paint result you can use a fine cutter to scrape the paint on the buttons (or just mask taped the round top part of the buttons to keep its shiny circular surface then you can scrape the buttons side with fine cutter)

usb port & 510: a blob of that blue-tacky thingy will work just fine to cover both and will be easily removed using tweezer and fine clean the 510 thread with bent needle

battery compartment: cover em all with layers of masking tape.

note when you are insisting on total dismantling your mini+: the craziest part is the hot glue. even if you succeeded removing the hot glue you will find out that the 510 is press fit to the mod casing.
you can desolder the 510 but for me it would be too much.
be extra careful
with the cable connecting battery +/- terminal, dunno, i think they are rubber glued for a purpose.

well repainting mini+ has never been as joy as repainting evic vtc mini (i managed to changed my evic color 3 times in just one day) but the form factor of mini+ as a small mod with user replaceable 18650 is UNBEATABLE.

hope tis help [emoji38]

Show us your paint skills...

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
Show us your paint skills...

have this in my camera roll, the rubbery bubble gum pink mini+ and fluorescent pink vtc mini
67d1f5f62f8e212a89dc197bead564c5.jpg

not much in painting tbh, my skill is more to dismantling and deconstructing things [emoji39] (putting things back up? no, not really )
but i manage to do this
0ae2eb96a02df32a9ed712081529f08a.jpg

edited: the pink and full black pico mashed-up NOT the nintendo

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
My husband just retired his cloupor mini. Boy the paint is awful on these things.
It was black. now its ready to be sanded and painted or something. I tried a wrap, but there seems to be one spot it just doesn't want to stick. What kind or paint do you recommend?

Reactions: liblue1

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
@diabolique try that aerosol paint people use to paint/customize car wheels. i used the rubber-y finish (not the glossy one) and it just sticks [emoji23] i tried that spray can for it's candy color anyway, but it lasts!

the glossy one sticks better but harder to scrape out so don't forget to half dismantling or mask the screen, buttons & 510 beforehand

good luck

Sent using Tapatalk while vaping ★彡

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
@diabolique try that aerosol paint people use to paint/customize car wheels. i used the rubber-y finish (not the glossy one) and it just sticks [emoji23] i tried that spray can for it's candy color anyway, but it lasts!

the glossy one sticks better but harder to scrape out so don't forget to half dismantling or mask the screen, buttons & 510 beforehand

good luck

Sent using Tapatalk while vaping ★彡

Thanks a bunch!!

Reactions: liblue1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread