• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@h00ligan Triton with the Surgical Steel pre-made coils works fine under 316L profile 300°F was a bit mute (TP cut in too quick), 400°F too hot so I've settled on 350°F @ 100w with 120w pre heat

EDIT: TBH I think these high wattages are unnecessary really with TP mods, because the TP tend to keep the wattage much lower

Reactions: terry w

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Excellent. I'm.running a .5 316 single build in an aqua v2 as of tonight.
.unfortunately it looks like the 510 connector on the mod is bad. I'm,having crazy issues with every material.

Steam engine changed recently. I reloaded their now listed profiles and they are exactly the same as the ones I posted for you.

Did you find the 317 profile alright?

350-375 is roughly where I vape on stainless steel

-*Plese excuz any iPone-tyos

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Excellent. I'm.running a .5 316 single build in an aqua v2 as of tonight.
.unfortunately it looks like the 510 connector on the mod is bad. I'm,having crazy issues with every material.

Steam engine changed recently. I reloaded their now listed profiles and they are exactly the same as the ones I posted for you.

Did you find the 317 profile alright?

350-375 is roughly where I vape on stainless steel

Steam Engine doesn't have 317L / Elite only 317L / Haywire and that doesn't work with the wire I bought which is supposed to be 317L
I edited my last post.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Yeah Mount Baker Vapour.The only other one it tried is Thug juice,which was ok not a lot of flavour

Tried a few mount baker concentrates from chefs:

Hawk sauce and faux hawk are great if you like a little menthol with your fruit.

Hug Juice was quite nice, mostly melon with a hint of other fruits.

Blue moo was nice, creamy blueberry with a hint of cake.

Lemon bar was initialy really nice but as with other lemon flavours I've tried seemed to turn really dark and lose it's sharpness over time. (Same with chefs choice lemon sherbet, still looking for a proper good lemon based concentrate).

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Yeah Mount Baker Vapour.The only other one it tried is Thug juice,which was ok not a lot of flavour
I'm surprised they would sell concentrate to another vendor. I didn't realize they sold it St all. This seems to be a new trend. I'll have to see who else may sell some.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Vapemail from FT today. Eight green Samsung batteries and an istick 100w (black). Two batteries are in the device charging merrily away. They came by Swedish post. Both packages had a sticker on them saying "Goods not fulfilling the condition prescribed by Articles 9 and 10 of the Treaty establishing the European Economic Community". Which means what exactly ? - no idea but they're here. I'll let you know how I get on with them.

PS - It's BIG! :)

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Vapemail from FT today. Eight green Samsung batteries and an istick 100w (black). Two batteries are in the device charging merrily away. They came by Swedish post. Both packages had a sticker on them saying "Goods not fulfilling the condition prescribed by Articles 9 and 10 of the Treaty establishing the European Economic Community". Which means what exactly ? - no idea but they're here. I'll let you know how I get on with them.

the sticker is added to the package since the package was transported in Europe by a European package company/operator, BUT the package itself is did not originate from Europe (but rather from outside the EU, such as the United States or China).

Explained: yellow sticker on package “Goods Do Not Meet The Requirement Of Article 9…” | Thomas' Miniblog

Sounds like a good day of mail. I'm waiting for FOUR packages from fasttech. One kf which was ordered 3 weeks ago. :/ my Taifun gs2 clone.

My baker vapor were one of the companies pushed out of Washington iirc. They're now residing in Arizona. Fast shipping but tax is paid for me. I wonder if they have a storefront here, I don't think so.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
the sticker is added to the package since the package was transported in Europe by a European package company/operator, BUT the package itself is did not originate from Europe (but rather from outside the EU, such as the United States or China).

Explained: yellow sticker on package “Goods Do Not Meet The Requirement Of Article 9…” | Thomas' Miniblog

Sounds like a good day of mail. I'm waiting for FOUR packages from fasttech. One kf which was ordered 3 weeks ago. :/ my Taifun gs2 clone.

My baker vapor were one of the companies pushed out of Washington iirc. They're now residing in Arizona. Fast shipping but tax is paid for me. I wonder if they have a storefront here, I don't think so.

Thanks for the info - very helpful. Both parcels were marked "gift" and value at $20, so that may explain why there was no duty payable.

Reactions: Pictor

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Yes, people tend to try and work that out I've noticed when they ship internationally. I'm curious if the eliquid from fasttech is going to make it to me or whether customs will seize it.

They took my Nurofen plus three times in a row. It works so well for. Migraines but we don't get it here, so I order from Kiwiland. I wonder if they will see liquid and forbid it.

So I realized I tried three very strong nicotine juices from mt baker. And none of them were particularly up my alley, I don't know why I ordered the flavors I did to be honest. I decided to try a few more of their flavors now that I vape lower nicotine. I think I was trying to find non dessert flavors I might like...I tried moo juice. Rainbow roundies. And their vanilla custard (which in 18 mg was AWFUL)

Someone here at a local shop (owner I think) questioned their and itc flavor sources and suggested they were potentially dangerous. But I'm not terribly surprised given local shop owners are struggling. They wouldn't be if they lowered their damn prices here!

Has Mt Baker ever released lab results?

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I mix it with razcup as I find razcup.is a bit too much raspberry and tastes sort of synthetic. It's not bad. The two together mix really well
ITC is better than Mt baker I'm but they're still not great. I'm sure they have some great flavors. I tried about five.
Vape tree is a guy and his partner making them alone I believe. They were gaining traction but it's awful to me. And to the three friends who have tried them. I sort of wonder his ethnicity or cultural background as the flavors he used weren't typically north American or European.
I'd put nixoticket above Mt baker fwiw
I just tried the Charlie Noble Raspberry Ripple again, and it seems better than at first ...quite nice in fact :)
I agree about NT being better overall than MBV, but that's just my opinion from the ones I tried.

I'm curious why anyone on the UK would want to use a place like VapeRev when you have smokers tore? Is it because the pricing is better with currency conversion? I like VapeRev. Fwiw I have had great experience with ginger vapor too. If you ever find anything you like there. Good support. Nice guy running it. What is poet? Juice maker? Do they sell in sizes larger than 30ml? What flavors do you recommend? We seem to have a similar taste. I don't bother trying juice unless it's given to me if I can't then buy big bottles. I figure why end up liking something I can't justify buying.
POET is something I wanted to try ...a few of them appealed. Vaperev was one that seemed likely, and they even sent me a photo of the bottles on their shelves to show the VG content :) Seeing there's been so many disappointments though, I gave up on getting any, even though we did find a supplier in the EU.

Neither my eco-vape or chefs stuff shipped out today and neither have responded to a message I sent. I hope they don't take too long to ship as the transit time.to the west side of the country will already drag. If I end up.ck tenuous u ordering from either I'll have to plan well.
Was a public holiday here yesterday, so Chefs won't have been working. It'll get sent very soon though.

Vapor pimp makes a Mexican rice drink(Horchata) custard that's very good. That's one of the more unique flavors I've tried. Oh nixoticket gravity - so I'm not a huge fruit fan but I do find that's a very good flavor for lung hitting. I don't love it but it suits lung hits which reduce flavor drastically to.me. I've tried doodle. Gravity. Razcup. Doodle is pretty much spot on

Does nicoticket have a flavor you hijinks is exceptional? Most things with chocolate in them taste awful to me.
A lot of theirs mix well with others - the Got Cookie for instance works well with Strawnilla, Razzcup, PBC, Custard, Crème Brulee, and others. It's a nice dark chocolate rather than a sickly milk chocolate. I've only ever liked two chocolates and both have been or are to be discontinued. Happily, I know how to make my favourite.

Some people taste them differently to others - both Razzcup and Strawnilla either hit for people or they don't ..must be a taste bud thing. Never did try the Frenilla as it's too high in PG - same with a fair number of the others.
Band Camp and ACB were originally in VG (as was PBC) and I liked those.
If the new Ecliptic was in Max VG, I'd have tried some of that as well as the Mercury (Perkins Paste on the site), but I don't want to get another that needs stuff adding to it so that I can use it.

I'm really excited to get the Marathon milkshake flavor as id love a juice that properly tasted like snickers
I think Chefs have a concentrate that's like Snickers.

Bloomin' 'eck, glad I have my Russian Blue Cross - he sheds about a handful every year.
Yes, it can be a pain - the little bits of hair after they've been clipped gets everywhere once the blow dryer gets switched on - takes me an hour with the Dyson digital duster attachment and then the large vacuum once they've gone!

Our daughter is a one eyed chihuahua rescued when my better half was the volunteer coordinator for the largest no kill shelter here. I have to say I really hope shelters become more important in the UK.
Here is our lovely girl. My nieces and nephews there ask where her other eye is so we tell them she left it home...
She got a birthday cake on a stick recently unflattering action shot of pure focus
She's really sweet! Our little one loves laying in the sun ...she seeks out any patches of it as it moves around the house :) The big black one doesn't like the sun though.

MBV
Hawk and Faux hawk sauce are nice.Chefs sell them in concentrate form
Of course! I knew there was something that was still liked a lot! :)

Tried a few mount baker concentrates from chefs:
Hawk sauce and faux hawk are great if you like a little menthol with your fruit.
Hug Juice was quite nice, mostly melon with a hint of other fruits.
Blue moo was nice, creamy blueberry with a hint of cake.
I liked that one too! May get some concentrate! :)

Lemon bar was initialy really nice but as with other lemon flavours I've tried seemed to turn really dark and lose it's sharpness over time. (Same with chefs choice lemon sherbet, still looking for a proper good lemon based concentrate).
Yes, I know what you mean. Their flavouring: Lemon Sicily is great - try adding a few drops to a tank if the lemon flavour needs perking up - it's very good :)

I'm surprised they would sell concentrate to another vendor. I didn't realize they sold it St all. This seems to be a new trend. I'll have to see who else may sell some.
MBV themselves sell it too on their site - there's a few EU and UK places get it. All to do with whatever looming legislation restricts, so some companies are making sure they can preserve their brand by offering concentrates, which I expect cannot come under any tobacco or related laws.

Yes, it is! I find it OK though, and do appreciate the long charge - only use around 7 watts with it so it lasts very well. Just charged the batteries this morning.

They took my Nurofen plus three times in a row. It works so well for. Migraines but we don't get it here, so I order from Kiwiland. I wonder if they will see liquid and forbid it.
I prefer the Anadin Ibuprophen version (same thing but green liquid capsules) and for some reason, they seem to work faster.
We're only allowed to buy two packs of any in the shops and chemists per transaction though.
I've found a few things easier to by via Ebay if it's a reliable seller with good feedback.
With migraines though, I've found Co-Codamol best at shifting them (Pharmacists recommended and it worked) Only ever need one dose of it, and don't get many migraines anyway.

Someone here at a local shop (owner I think) questioned their and itc flavor sources and suggested they were potentially dangerous. But I'm not terribly surprised given local shop owners are struggling. They wouldn't be if they lowered their damn prices here!
Has Mt Baker ever released lab results?
Not too long ago, test results showed some levels that were obviously not acceptable, and MBV had to remove a lot of their flavours from the range. At that same time, Chefs renamed the range to something very similar (We all knew it was still MBV concentrates), and that was when MBV started to re-formulate those in need and start the process of moving to AZ.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Wow. Thanks for the info. Did mbv do the test the self or was it a third party that called them out?

I wish I would have seen the blue moo before I clicked order. Oh well. Enough to try. Surely I'll like at least one enough to reorder.

I just had a blueberry muffin flavor but it's way too sweet. I need to dilute it with something that needs sweetener

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Wow. Thanks for the info. Did mbv do the test the self or was it a third party that called them out?
Don't know for sure but suspect it was something to do with state rules/laws, which in turn led to them moving to AZ - so it may not have been all down to their own testing.

I wish I would have seen the blue moo before I clicked order. Oh well. Enough to try. Surely I'll like at least one enough to reorder.
I just had a blueberry muffin flavor but it's way too sweet. I need to dilute it with something that needs sweetener
Well, you could get some direct: Blue Moo Electronic Cigarette Flavoring - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I know. The order is in though so I'll wait. I ordered from,them directly as we are in the same state it should take a day to get here. Not sure how I escaped sales tax. I'm guessing their llc is.still based in Washington.
Don't know :)
Nicoticket has this weeks special offer(s)
The Virus - PBC - The Doodle ...all 30% off with code 3Peat

Just fired up the istick 100w - vapes perfectly. Anyone else experience button rattle? I think this will be my "at home" device, with the 50 or the 20s for out and about/holidays.
Mine has a little play on the + - buttons, fire button fine, just 'clicks' a little more noticeably than some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread