• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
While i think on Bob.Did you find a true rating on those AWT batts we both got?
Haven't seen anything, only that ripshod on AAEC who was testing batteries stated they were not as good as the 2500mAh ones that's why he left them off the list, must admit they appear to perform okay in regulated mods, don't think I would use them in Mechs though, and if I ever get any more would go for the 2500mAh ones.

Reactions: Brynglas

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Haven't seen anything, only that ripshod on AAEC who was testing batteries stated they were not as good as the 2500mAh ones that's why he left them off the list, must admit they appear to perform okay in regulated mods, don't think I would use them in Mechs though, and if I ever get any more would go for the 2500mAh ones.

Was thinking of using one in the Tab,what do you think?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Nice! :)
...I asked Evl for a straight red one a while back now - think he must have forgotten. I'll send him an email!
A piccy of the shorty on top of my MOW which is on a matching iStick20 (1 of 2 I still have in daily use)
2015-09-02 14.12.12.jpg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
OK Cheers Bob.
I've only used one of the AWT's,i put it in my Hana dna30,a few weeks ago.
I gone through all of mine, some more than once, as I said no problems so far but I do tend to keep them in my single battery regulated mods, DNA or otherwise, and most of my atties rarely draw anywhere near 20A anyway, even my 0.26 dual Kanthal in the Doge RDA would only run into trouble at over 73w on a single battery, and mods that go that high normally have dual series batteries anyway.

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
A piccy of the shorty on top of my MOW which is on a matching iStick20 (1 of 2 I still have in daily use)
View attachment 486591
Looks really good! :)
I still have 2x10's 2x20's 1x30 1x50 and 1x100 in use - the 10's and 20's are mostly used whilst the others are charging. 10's easy to pop in a pocket when out for an hour or two.

Reactions: Bobw1951

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I got mail:
Chefs order
2x15ml 12mg Welsh custard
1x150ml .3mg VG base
1x Strawberrries & Cream Fa/TPA concentrate

Holland & Barrett - Busy B complex

Winsol Crystal Clear glass cleaner
I bought some of that busy b yesterday Trish, and some Vit D for the horrible winter months ahead :( I nearly bleeding choked on the busy b tablet :laugh:

Off to make some grub now :)

Reactions: Pictor

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Vapemail...My replacement Subtank Mini Base from Myepack, and it works, whoopi :laugh: It came in a little red box with Kangertech written in black ! The duffer from FT was just in a plastic bag, and i don`t think they sent me what i ordered ( Authentic ) :sneaky:

Think they must have swung one on you there Tel.
All the Kangertech spares seem to come boxed,like the mini rba's.
Even the authentic subtank seals come in a similar little box.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Looks really good! :)
I still have 2x10's 2x20's 1x30 1x50 and 1x100 in use - the 10's and 20's are mostly used whilst the others are charging. 10's easy to pop in a pocket when out for an hour or two.
I never got a 10 or 30 only 4 x 20, 1 x blue 50 & 1 x blue TC40w, my silver 20 has a matching Aspire Nova on top, the 50 has a Melo and the TC has an Infinite KF4, the black & red 20s are unused at the moment, although I have been using them to test kanthal coil builds.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I bought some of that busy b yesterday Trish, and some Vit D for the horrible winter months ahead :( I nearly bleeding choked on the busy b tablet :laugh:
Yes, B vits. always seem to be in huge and pungent smelling lozenge shaped tablets! Must admit, I haven't taken B as much as I should have, but always take 1000iu D3. Omega's are good too - I take Flax Seed & Starflower (don't like fish oil).

I never got a 10 or 30 only 4 x 20, 1 x blue 50 & 1 x blue TC40w, my silver 20 has a matching Aspire Nova on top, the 50 has a Melo and the TC has an Infinite KF4, the black & red 20s are unused at the moment, although I have been using them to test kanthal coil builds.
I quite like those little 10W ones - quite useful for out or between charges. Overall, I can't complain at all about any of the iSticks. Once we knew about the wattage stuff with the first ones, they've been good to use and pretty consistent.

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Wassat for then? - have a local shop, never been in there though.
I usually use other places such as Biovea and Amazon for the information and reviewing - Amazon is usually cheaper than Biovea these days. But seeing the Busy B one was recommended, I took a look and think it seems rather good. Bought us both a pot of them: Holland & Barrett Timed Release Busy B Complex with Vitamin C Caplets 500mg | Holland & Barrett - the UK’s Leading Health Retailer

This is a bit more info regarding B vitamins - we don't tend to store them so a daily supplement is a good idea ...we eliminate any excess too. (hey do make the 'water system' bright yellow! :)):
B-complex vitamins are coenzymes involved in energy production. B-complex vitamins may be helpful in:

• Promoting a healthy mood
• Shown to be a great source of energy
• Normal functioning of the nervous system
• Help people that suffer from stress and fatigue by supporting healthy relaxation and energy levels
• Supports carbohydrate metabolism
• Supports cardiovascular health

What are B-Complex vitamins?

There is no one "Vitamin B". Instead, the term "Vitamin B-Complex" refers to all essential water-soluble vitamins, with the exception of vitamin C. The B-complex vitamins include vitamin B1 (known as thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), and vitamin B12 (the cobalamins), as well as biotin and folic acid.

Why take B-Complex Vitamins?

Vitamin B1: Helps nerve cells to function properly and provides energy. It is also essential for processing carbohydrates, proteins and fats.

Vitamin B2: Helps metabolisms be energised and can serve as an antioxidant. It is essential for activating folic acid and vitamin B6, and for processing fats and amino acids.

Vitamin B3: Important for maintaining energy, and helps create healthy brain and nerve cells. It also assists in transforming carbohydrates into fats, processes alcohol and is responsible for cholesterol regulation.

Vitamin B5: Helps reduce stress and manage stress hormones and is required for forming lipids (fats), steroids and neurotransmitters. One B5 by-product, pantethine, may help lower cholesterol and triglyceride blood levels.

Vitamin B6: (pyridoxine) Helps to form various neurotransmitters, making it instrumental for proper mental, and possibly mood, function. Processes both amino acids (the basic building blocks of all proteins), and such hormones as melatonin, serotonin, and dopamine. Vitamin B6, along with the B vitamins B12 and folic acid, helps to effectively lowers homocysteine levels, which may be linked to various degenerative diseases.

Vitamin B12: Provides crucial neurological benefits and is essential for carbohydrate metabolism, and may contribute to cardiovascular health. It also helps to produce the nutrient S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM-e), which holds joint and mood benefits. Folic acid is required for cell replication and growth, and the production of DNA, RNA, and red blood cells. It also assists in digesting and utilising proteins, and forms new proteins.

Folic Acid: Crucial for pregnant women's health, as it may hinder the formation of neural tube defects.

The B-complex vitamins work independently of each other, although several do play roles in the same functions. However, no one-health function requires the properties of every B vitamin. Such nutrients as inositol, choline and para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) have been incorrectly referred to as part of the B-complex. However, as these nutrients are not essential for general health, they are not considered true B vitamins

Who needs it and what are the symptoms of deficiency?

The B vitamins support nervous system health and maintenance, mental and emotional health, and stress defence. B vitamin deficiencies may contribute to stress-related symptoms, such as depression, irritability, and insomnia, and may even deplete certain chemicals vital to the body's natural stress response. These nutrients are vital for stress relief and nerve function. They are required for the formation of cellular energy, as well as for hormones and proteins. Plus, they serve to transform fats into other necessary products. B vitamins are essential for the normal functioning of the nervous system and help people that suffer from stress and fatigue by supporting healthy relaxation and energy levels.

How much should be taken?

All B-complex vitamins are water soluble, therefore any excess will be eliminated in the urine; therefore they should be supplemented on a daily basis. The B-complex vitamins generally should be taken together, although they may be taken individually for certain disorders.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
The good news is that "Busy B" has a bit of "C" with it, which helps. Bob asked "what's it for" - well, in the short term it provides a little "lift" in a natural, non-addictive way. In the long term it's extremely good for you generally - boosts the immune system etc.. The reason "B" tablets are so big is that the main natural source is brewers' yeast (if you sniff them they can smell faintly of Marmite), and it's hard to compact that into very small quantities while still having a reasonable dose.

Edit: Pictor beat me to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread