Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
I am Jealous....ZFO Black Ice is one of my favorite menthols. Looks like I will have to make the 4 hour trip to get some more.
I would call first. I did see a post on the ZFO FB page that said they restocked but for a 4 hour trip it might be best to make sure they have what you want ;)

Reactions: gin828

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Gin, I may be making a trip down in the next week of so. If I do go, I'll get in touch and can pick some up for you if you'd like. Save ya a drive perhaps.

The shop is open M-F but this upcoming week I'm there M-W... Heading to Richmond for VaperCon... shop will be open though.

Zens Private Stash eLiquid and ZFO reserve is in it's final bottling, so if you want some for the future, stock up. I'm getting away from the liquid game.

Reactions: gin828

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Just ordered a pack of VaporWerxUSA coils. I couldnt let you guys/girls have all the fun of trying something new. I see they put a little bling on them with the colored orings.....lol
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that bling...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I looked at those new coils, but their site doesn't say made in USA, so they are just outsourced to a factory in China. Given Aspire has been making coils longer and many, many more, I'd think even with their defect rate, it is probably less than a new company outsourcing coils to another manufacturer...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I looked at those new coils, but their site doesn't say made in USA, so they are just outsourced to a factory in China. Given Aspire has been making coils longer and many, many more, I'd think even with their defect rate, it is probably less than a new company outsourcing coils to another manufacturer...

What do they mean by "America's Best Made Coils", steve?

"If you want America’s Best Made Coils from an American owned and operated company, in the most advanced technologies, you’ve come to the right place."

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
A man after me own heart, you, Mr. Zen.
Awwww shucks....
My purchasing guy spoke with them, they are indeed made in China with USA sourced Kanthal... and I an familiar with the factory in which they are made, which is actually known to do better metal work than eigate, the company that manufactures the Nautilus coils, so I'm hopeful that these will be a superior product with regard to dimensional stability, which is a big concern of mine. These guys also have a DOA guarantee, that as a manufacturer, I could really benefit from because with the nautilus coils I eat the bad ones... this is rare, by the way, but every penny counts when manufacturing a product that everybody already thinks is too expensive that has the lowest margin of anything I have ever offered to the public.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Well Zen to be honest I was shocked at the price of the Kabuki. I figured it would come in at a little more than Zcarto tank....your Gunmetal Z2 Kabuki is priced lower than I expected.

The Z2 Carto Tank was originally $109.00 and we knew we had to be lower than that with all the chinese tanks in the market... the only way to get lower was to manufacture in larger quantities... pretty scary to pull the trigger on 10,000 tanks not knowing if they will sell... (do that math for a fun experience... $890,000 @ retail) but we did it, and they are selling. If they had not done well, it would have put me out of business... HoH was "all-in" with the Kabuki.
What do they mean by "America's Best Made Coils", steve?

"If you want America’s Best Made Coils from an American owned and operated company, in the most advanced technologies, you’ve come to the right place."

I'm a little put off by that... but if the coil is good, we can work on their manners next.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
The shop is open M-F but this upcoming week I'm there M-W... Heading to Richmond for VaperCon... shop will be open though.

Zens Private Stash eLiquid and ZFO reserve is in it's final bottling, so if you want some for the future, stock up. I'm getting away from the liquid game.

I'm planning to go to Vapercon. Can I bring a 2.5 to you for the flat-top conversion? If so, how do I find you? Will you have a booth?

Reactions: DPLongo22

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
...and a big thank you from me for taking the risk - the Kabuki is fantastic! :thumbs:
The Z2 Carto Tank was originally $109.00 and we knew we had to be lower than that with all the chinese tanks in the market... the only way to get lower was to manufacture in larger quantities... pretty scary to pull the trigger on 10,000 tanks not knowing if they will sell... (do that math for a fun experience... $890,000 @ retail) but we did it, and they are selling. If they had not done well, it would have put me out of business... HoH was "all-in" with the Kabuki.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Ugh. Just popped my glass. I made it a week though, so that's something I guess. I ended up ordering an SS tank direct from HOH along with (of course) a mini ionizer for my Raygun. I like this tank a lot for its ease of use, but I noticed that 4 of the 5pack of coils I got did not smoothly thread into the top section. They had to be "wrenched" into place. Kinda crappy. I believe it to be coil inconsistencies mainly because the original coil and the first replacement were smooth as silk. Anyhoo, I placed an order for the super wonderful coils that are and are not American made, so we'll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread