Westbank, BC Canada
Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Slow thread... :D

I always hated filling my 3.1 ES from the fill port as I never had the right sized tip to work perfectly. Top filling is great if you have a full sized tank on it, but put a nano tank or a quartz tank and top filling gives you half a tank full at best.

So I picked up a top fill cap from FT. The cap on some will bottom out before it closes off the holes, so a few minutes with emery cloth on the bottom of the cap and you are good to go. Now it is just a quarter turn put the bottle tip in the hole and fill slowly.

Kayfun 3.1 Top Fill Cap.jpg

Now that I look at the Kayfun 4's top cap, one of those should work perfectly as well. :D

Reactions: Bronze

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hi all, looks like this thread has died a little but I thought I would try my luck. I really would like to get a KFL+ but i'm a little concerned about the polycarbonate tank section cracking.

I guess chemistry being chemistry, this question answers itself but I just wondered what people's real life experiences had been like?

Thanks

I've run many different juices through it, never an issue.
If concerned, you can get a spare polycarbonate window from SM (or cheap from China).

R

CrimsonDreams

Oct 1, 2015
I've run many different juices through it, never an issue.
If concerned, you can get a spare polycarbonate window from SM (or cheap from China).

R
Wow thank you, I'm surprised to get a reply let alone so fast. I'm going to take that as a testament to this devices fan Base!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: raitizz
I have quite a few different RTAs but the Kayfuns are still my overall favorites. I kind of prefer the bell caps but the one in the center with the window is probably the most durable. Each of these is about $11 at FT (buying individual components). Extra plastic tank sections (or the entire bell cap for that matter) are less than $2.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Slow thread... :D

I always hated filling my 3.1 ES from the fill port as I never had the right sized tip to work perfectly. Top filling is great if you have a full sized tank on it, but put a nano tank or a quartz tank and top filling gives you half a tank full at best.

So I picked up a top fill cap from FT. The cap on some will bottom out before it closes off the holes, so a few minutes with emery cloth on the bottom of the cap and you are good to go. Now it is just a quarter turn put the bottle tip in the hole and fill slowly.

View attachment 478240
Now that I look at the Kayfun 4's top cap, one of those should work perfectly as well. :D
Love that black drip tip on the KF4... where can I get one???

CrimsonDreams

Oct 1, 2015
I have quite a few different RTAs but the Kayfuns are still my overall favorites. I kind of prefer the bell caps but the one in the center with the window is probably the most durable. Each of these is about $11 at FT (buying individual components). Extra plastic tank sections (or the entire bell cap for that matter) are less than $2.
Do you have to be careful with the juices you use to avoid cracking the tanks?

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Do you have to be careful with the juices you use to avoid cracking the tanks?
Do you use juices that have cracked other plastic tanks? If so, use a glass or metal tank. The KFLs come with an all metal tank as well as the plastic section and/or full plastic tank.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I made some pineapple liquid that turned a plastic tank on one of my kfl+ cloudy and think that if I had kept using it that it probably would have cracked.
TFA Green Apple clouded and weakened the middle tank section on my KF 3.1 ES. The tank body unscrewed but the threads stayed behind. :facepalm:

Reactions: CrimsonDreams

CrimsonDreams

Oct 1, 2015
I made some pineapple liquid that turned a plastic tank on one of my kfl+ cloudy and think that if I had kept using it that it probably would have cracked.
Thank you, have you used the stainless section? If so are you able to get a feel for your juice level (without getting a dry hit!)

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Fasttech sells a number of glass tanks for the Kayfun. I have been using these for over a year without any problems. https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10011444/1987602
I am just leery of those since it is only the o-rings that hold them together. I have a nano with the red rings that had come apart on me twice until I epoxied it. :)

Black o-rings good, Red o-rings bad should be a Fasttech Mantra. :lol:
ed1veF3l.jpg

schizm722

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
AR USA
I have 2 M Tanks that were ordered through vaperev over 2 years ago. They are made of Makralon and they are still just like new, after running countless numbers of the "caustic" liquids through them. I think most people don't like them because they are about 23mm instead of the Kayfuns 22mm, but I never minded that, and they aren't cheap...

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread