• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I see British representatives in the European parliament have opposed the Totally Wicked challenge.
Along with members from France and Spain,both of these countries are currently implementing Article 20 of the TPD.

With all the recent news,the 95% safer than etc.I thought Britain might just have made a stand against the TPD.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Do we have a breakdown of the voting, I know last time it was our labour members that voted for the TPD.
EDIT: I thought the hearing was in the European Court of Law not the Parliament

TW have realeased info Bob,presume it's on their blog
I think you have to be a rep in the parliament to oppose in the court of law,don't know i don't do politics:)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just been looking on the TW site at the Latest News, and this is the last paragraph:
The 1st of October brings the TW case to the oral stage.

• Oral stage/public hearing. Lawyers from both sides can put their case to the judges and Advocate General, who can question them.
  • Judgment stage: If the Court has decided an Opinion of the Advocate General is necessary, this is given some weeks after the hearing. The judges then deliberate and give their verdict.
  • General Court procedure is similar, except that 3 judges hear most cases and there are no Advocates General.
What is the current situation of the TW legal case?

We have submitted our written observations, received written observations from the institutions and member states. We have the court date of 1st October at 2:30 pm; our case is to be heard by 5 of the judges.

This is when Totally Wicked’s Barrister orally submits TW’s case against Article 20 of the TPD.

He will only have 20 minutes in which to do this.

The EU institutions, and 2 member states are contesting TW’s case, and they will have 15 minutes each.

We will not obtain a decision on the day; it is likely that the Advocate General will prepare an opinion for the court later this year, followed by a decision in the early part of 2016.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Vapemail:
An old bogroll :laugh:

rsz_dscf0003.jpg

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@Bobw1951
See England is starting that 5p plazzy bag charge.
Yes, I have just been hit for 25p by Iceland, there was probably an option that I should have clicked on to have it delivered without bags, but didn't notice it, and they are the only ones I do not re-use because they are normally wet inside, all others I use as rubbish bags or if I'm popping round the shop I normally stick one in my back pocket, one thing I have tried to be good at. :)

Reactions: Brynglas

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
One thing that "P'd" me off about it Bob.
On the very very rare time,i've been to McDonalds,they charge.

What's that about?
"Tis the law"
No mate that's for plazzy bags,your's are paper.Bandwagon jumpers:-x
They are actually breaking the law then, and it only came into effect today - the rule is for items that cannot contaminate other items, e.g. bag of sugar, cereal boxes and any other pre-wrapped items.

Anything that is able to contaminate something else like loose potatoes, fruit, veg, fresh meat, fresh fish etc you can have free bags BUT once you put something else in that bag, like your bag of sugar then it becomes chargeable.

and as you say it only applies to PLASTIC bags NOT paper ones - don't know why this country did away with the stiff paper carrier bags in the first place, they were much better, the handles never broke unless you overloaded them, my recycle waste bag handles are always pulling apart and having to be knotted together :grr:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Another beef, while we are at it, is the so called Brand Match, I have a coupon for £2.44 valid from 23/09 to 06/10 from Sainsbury's because my last shop (23/09) was cheaper at ASDA BUT because I bought online I cannot use it in a shop, only online - W T F - I don't need enough for an online order

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Another beef, while we are at it, is the so called Brand Match, I have a coupon for £2.44 valid from 23/09 to 06/10 from Sainsbury's because my last shop (23/09) was cheaper at ASDA BUT because I bought online I cannot use it in a shop, only online - W T F - I don't need enough for an online order

You won't get much Beef for £2.44 mate :laugh::lol::pervy:

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread