eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Thanks, that's more like it. LOL.

As to a TC coil at 1.9... my first thought is space to fit such a build, though I only know Ti is higher res/mm not how much higher. Can it be done in either Ni or Ti?

But mainly... I think each of my TC mods has a stated max res for TC, usually under or at 1 ohm. I know some do, I'm just speculating about the rest (too lazy to check right now). [emoji14]
I think most mods won't do TC over 1 ohm.
Steam engine says a 1.9 ohm 28G ni200 coil would only take 162 wraps at 2.5mm ID... [emoji23]

Reactions: TrollDragon

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
OK,

So I think

Joytech made ss support after all and not titanium

Been vaping for a day on the ss wires,never had the anemic vape issues.

Now that's an interesting suggestion. I'm not sure it addresses the entirety of the issue though.

I do however have a Crown with a remaining SS head. When I finish the Ni that's in it now, I want to try the SS on the VTC.

Does anyone know the TCR for SS off hand? I've got a non-upgraded xCube (no Ti & SS curves) but could plug in the new TCR under Ni for a comparison.

Pearl B

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
N.Az
I've got the mini. What temp would you recommend for a newbie in nickel?
I've been reading alot and still find myself a bit confused.
I've been vaping in nickel mode at 520degrees and 25.1 watts. I like a cooler vape.
The reason I ask is that the E-liquid tastes burnt to me. I primed the coil really good and let it soak good in the tank. I started as low a temp as possible. In fact I think around 300, which did nothing. I couldn't vape till I got above 500 degrees.
My liquid tastes great in other devices. What I don't understand is , Why vape at 60 watts? I have watched alot of reviews and they all seem to be at 60 watts. Is it some kind of baseline?
I'm getting results I'm happy with at roughly 25 watts, 520-540 degrees. I'm still mystified by the burnt taste. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Now that's an interesting suggestion. I'm not sure it addresses the entirety of the issue though.

I do however have a Crown with a remaining SS head. When I finish the Ni that's in it now, I want to try the SS on the VTC.

Does anyone know the TCR for SS off hand? I've got a non-upgraded xCube (no Ti & SS curves) but could plug in the new TCR under Ni for a comparison.
True and wouldn't claim it
But its a workaround for people who still want temp control at least working

No tcr numbers but from observation

Using titanium coils on ni mode I vape at 380f
Titanium coils on ti mode
480-550-600+sleep issues hahahaha
Ss wire on titanium mode
220f feels like 350-380ish of titanium in ni mode

Ss wire do suck at initial vape compared to ti..
For some reason...I has a weird taste,that I did not notice before when I was using ss on a mech ;)
But goes away after a few hits

Ti still works on ss,I mean temp control thing not sure up to what temps
I mean the temp protect thing that avoids you to have a dry hit

" life is about making decisions and not looking back "

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I've been vaping in nickel mode at 520degrees and 25.1 watts. I like a cooler vape.
The reason I ask is that the E-liquid tastes burnt to me. I primed the coil really good and let it soak good in the tank. I started as low a temp as possible. In fact I think around 300, which did nothing. I couldn't vape till I got above 500 degrees.
My liquid tastes great in other devices. What I don't understand is , Why vape at 60 watts? I have watched alot of reviews and they all seem to be at 60 watts. Is it some kind of baseline?
I'm getting results I'm happy with at roughly 25 watts, 520-540 degrees. I'm still mystified by the burnt taste. Am I doing something wrong?
You say you like a cooler vape. 520deg is not cool. I usually vape at 420-430 deg. 520 is a very high temperature. If things are working right, everything should taste burned. Just turn the temperature down. Some folks go as low as 380. Starting low and turning the temperature up till you like it is a good technique.
For a start, just turn the temperature way down.

Reactions: Pearl B

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Lower your set temperature until you are satisfied with the vape not being too hot. The idea of temperature control is that watts shouldn't matter except for the first second or so in heating the coil to the temperature you desire. If you feel you are overshooting your set temperature, You can drop your wattage if you wish, it will just take longer to get to your set temp.

Jesse Wright

Sep 19, 2015
Thanks, that's more like it. LOL.

As to a TC coil at 1.9... my first thought is space to fit such a build, though I only know Ti is higher res/mm not how much higher. Can it be done in either Ni or Ti?

But mainly... I think each of my TC mods has a stated max res for TC, usually under or at 1 ohm. I know some do, I'm just speculating about the rest (too lazy to check right now). :p
They do, although a member on this forum mentioned that he was using a 1.2 ohm coil out of ti in tc mode earlier in this thread, also mentioned his cap was 1 ohm so it is not a true limit, at least for his device. He didn't specify ga of wire or wraps I don't think. Playing on steam calculator makes me think it could be done (over 1 ohm w ti) with 28ga and above, obviously easier with bigger ID and higher ga wire. It should also be mentioned he was enjoying his vape at 1.2 and said his battery life greatly improved. I can imagine it would draw less amps, but still have a significant surface area, producing quite a bit of vapor and flavor. Haven't used higher ga wire since gennys, but thinking about it, it may be the way to go on tc, with these low res wires we use purely for the tcr. I suppose the only real difference would be increased battery life, as the wraps required would equal about the same surface area as thicker wire w less wraps but a lower res. But I digress, everyone probably thinks I'm crazy cuz sub ohm bro!

Has anyone bought the full kit and tried the ego mega tank? Not sure if I regret not spending the extra $10 to get the version with the tank.
I have and the two coils it comes with should last awhile, matches the evic, is a restrictive lung hit :( but not too bad on the airflow (I'm used to drippers though) I would say go for it. They have rebuildable heads the clr ones so you could do ti or ni builds in them pretty easily. Juice flow control. Not a bad design, the only complain I have is the airflow is a little tight. Still tastes great and throws pretty good clouds.

I think most mods won't do TC over 1 ohm.
Steam engine says a 1.9 ohm 28G ni200 coil would only take 162 wraps at 2.5mm ID... [emoji23]
I was referring to ti which, according to the steam calculator (if the link works and imports http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?mat=ti1&r=1.9&awg=32&id=3) if using 32ga and 3mm It would be 11 wraps, so is very doable I would say on a few rda's I can think of. Who knows how that would vape though. And read above. Apparently upper limits of tc aren't true limits. When my wire gets here I will perform some test builds over 1 ohm which is the limit on the mini in tc.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
I've been using the SS in titanium mode at 220 or so and it does work well. Also I've been doing titanium in ni200 mode dropped down to 340 with good results. It's the only thing I can use this VTC mini for. But just tonight I made a few videos to email to vapenw to let them see what's wrong with it along with a 2 page paper describing everything I've done. I hope they send me a new one because my wife loves the device besides its faulty board we got.

Reactions: cindycated

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
They do, although a member on this forum mentioned that he was using a 1.2 ohm coil out of ti in tc mode earlier in this thread, also mentioned his cap was 1 ohm so it is not a true limit, at least for his device. He didn't specify ga of wire or wraps I don't think. Playing on steam calculator makes me think it could be done (over 1 ohm w ti) with 28ga and above, obviously easier with bigger ID and higher ga wire. It should also be mentioned he was enjoying his vape at 1.2 and said his battery life greatly improved. I can imagine it would draw less amps, but still have a significant surface area, producing quite a bit of vapor and flavor. Haven't used higher ga wire since gennys, but thinking about it, it may be the way to go on tc, with these low res wires we use purely for the tcr. I suppose the only real difference would be increased battery life, as the wraps required would equal about the same surface area as thicker wire w less wraps but a lower res. But I digress, everyone probably thinks I'm crazy cuz sub ohm bro!

I have and the two coils it comes with should last awhile, matches the evic, is a restrictive lung hit :( but not too bad on the airflow (I'm used to drippers though) I would say go for it. They have rebuildable heads the clr ones so you could do ti or ni builds in them pretty easily. Juice flow control. Not a bad design, the only complain I have is the airflow is a little tight. Still tastes great and throws pretty good clouds.

I was referring to ti which, according to the steam calculator (if the link works and imports http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?mat=ti1&r=1.9&awg=32&id=3) if using 32ga and 3mm It would be 11 wraps, so is very doable I would say on a few rda's I can think of. Who knows how that would vape though. And read above. Apparently upper limits of tc aren't true limits. When my wire gets here I will perform some test builds over 1 ohm which is the limit on the mini in tc.

Well not really on sub ohms ;)

If by any chance you di make sense in the surface area thing,
Vs subohm read that somewhere here
Title was thoughts on vw device and sub ohm something good read thou.

Ph is a country where .36mm wire or less are scarce,
Lowest gauge I can go would be .40 I can have at least 1 ohm,
If its a single coil thou,

I think evic limit is 3ohms,read somewhere...

Hopefully firmware gets fixed or my seller decides to replace mine hahahaha

" life is about making decisions and not looking back "

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago

I'm a die hard mouth to lunger. I do lung hits on occasion with a dripper or herakles, but my kayfun provides my all day vape when out of the house. I think I'm going to try to hunt down a matching tank for my mod...

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Hi guys, is there any way to fix the "Protection" problem yet...? I bought it for a month and only used it twice.....worst device I've bought in my vaping life...
I would say no. I've tried every one of these suggestions for temporarily fixing the problem and that's what it does, you get a good vape for a few mins maybe 30 mins then crap vape again. The only thing that's been the best solution is use SS in titanium mode at 200 and up a little or use titanium in ni200 mode at 100f or less. It seems like those to things work but ni200 just really seems not to work well with the faulty boards.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
I would say no. I've tried every one of these suggestions for temporarily fixing the problem and that's what it does, you get a good vape for a few mins maybe 30 mins then crap vape again. The only thing that's been the best solution is use SS in titanium mode at 200 and up a little or use titanium in ni200 mode at 100f or less. It seems like those to things work but ni200 just really seems not to work well with the faulty boards.

whats actually weird as well is when you use titanium and ttanium mode
you also get the same issues of the anemic vape...

and so far,
must agree,2nd day of ss wires on ti mode,
working out great,
like really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread