Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I ordered some nicotine from VT last night, so I added that Glamour Chocolate. Really looking forward to trying it out! :thumb: Should have it by about Tuesday. :)

@Jimi D. -- I got my Glamour Chocolate today -- any suggestions on percentage? I know you use very little flavoring, so I'll probably double whatever you tell me, but at least it will give me something to start with. :D

Andria

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
@Jimi D. -- I got my Glamour Chocolate today -- any suggestions on percentage? :D Andria
I kept adding till I got up to 8%, still no chocolate. It had sat for about four weeks too, because I know that sometimes the chocolate flavor can be slow to develop.
Now I need to make a new tester batch starting at 8%, and keep going up until I can taste it, or dump it.
Hope your taste buds are better than mine.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok... I'm thinking maybe I'll start around 10%; also, I'm considering trying one of the recipes from @Bill's Magic Vapor, "chocolate covered cherries" --

Double Chocolate - 5%
Milk Chocolate - 5%
Vanilla Swirl - 6%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Cotton Candy - 6%
Butter - 2%
Cherry (extract) - 1 - 2%

Using the glamour chocolate in place of both of the chocolate's in the recipe, since I really can't taste those. I'd also have to use the DX bavarian, and skip the butter entirely, since I try to stay diketone-free, but maybe it could come close; the TFA cherry extract is really good.

Andria

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
The TFA cherry extract is really good.
Andria
Do you find it tastes like Maraschino, ... or a real cherry.
Most of the cherry flavorings I have tried end up being Maraschino no matter how little I use.
Fortunately, I've made some good combos with that flavor, but I'm still looking for a "real" cherry flavor :thumb:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Do you find it tastes like Maraschino, ... or a real cherry.
Most of the cherry flavorings I have tried end up being Maraschino no matter how little I use.
Fortunately, I've made some good combos with that flavor, but I'm still looking for a "real" cherry flavor :thumb:

No, the Lorann's was extremely maraschino-ish, and also has artificial coloring.. but the TFA Cherry Extract was VERY good; not maraschino, and not "cough drop" either, which is what the Inawera Cherries tasted like to me. Ick. The TFA Cherry Extract is neither too tart nor too sweet nor too medicinal -- the Goldilocks of cherry flavors. :D

Andria

Reactions: Slots

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I kept adding till I got up to 8%, still no chocolate. It had sat for about four weeks too, because I know that sometimes the chocolate flavor can be slow to develop.
Now I need to make a new tester batch starting at 8%, and keep going up until I can taste it, or dump it.
Hope your taste buds are better than mine.

So far I haven't been able to taste ANY chocolate flavors in a vape -- everyone was hollering about how great Halo's Belgian Cocoa is -- to me, it *smells* like cocoa... and has no taste whatsoever -- but then again, I don't like a single thing that Halo makes, so no great loss there -- none of their "tobacco" flavors tastes the least bit like tobacco, either. :D So I'll try the Glamour Chocolate *starting* at 10%... and maybe go up, if necessary, as I strongly suspect it will be.

Andria

Reactions: Slots

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
No, the Lorann's was extremely maraschino-ish, and also has artificial coloring.. but the TFA Cherry Extract was VERY good; not maraschino, and not "cough drop" either, which is what the Inawera Cherries tasted like to me. Ick. The TFA Cherry Extract is neither too tart nor too sweet nor too medicinal -- the Goldilocks of cherry flavors. :D

Andria
I try not to ask to many dumb questions, but what flavor company is "TFA" and which online merchant would you suggest?
I am looking for a cherry flavoring/extract that would bring a mild cherry presence to a milk chocolate flavor I have.
Kind of a cherry cordial ejuice. I have not had any luck searching forum threads, any thoughts?

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I try not to ask to many dumb questions, but what flavor company is "TFA" and which online merchant would you suggest?
Hi Neighbor, there are no "dumb questions" when it comes to e-cigs.
TFA is short for The Flavor Apprentice.
I haven't tried their Cherry Express that Andria suggests, but I've been through 4-5 cherry flavorings from other company's, and haven't found one I'm happy with yet.
Cherry is one of the harder flavors ... most taste like Maraschino, instead of "tree type" or fresh

Here are some of the more common abbreviations, ...if anyone wants to add to it, help your self .. Bull City, Molin, and some others aren't on here yet
Flavor Supplier Abbreviations
CAP – Capella
ECX – ecigExpress (uses TPA/TFA for signature line)
EGFD – Ella’s Gournet Flavor Drops
FA – Flavour Art
FW – Flavor West
HS - Hangsen
HV - Heartland Vapes
INW – Inawera
JF – Jungle Flavorz
LA – LorAnn
LAN – LorAnn Naturals
LF – Liberty Flights
MBV – Mount Baker Vapor
MFS – My Freedom Smoke
NF – Nature’s Flavors
NN – Nude Nicotine
101/OoO - One on One
PA/TPA/TFA – The Perfumer’s Apprentice/The Flavor Apprentice
Signature, some adapt other suppliers' flavors and create a new line
SM – Seedman
TD - Tino D'Milano
TE – Tobacco Express
TP – Tasty Puff
TW – Totally Wicked
VZ/VZ SC- Vaping Zone/Vaping Zone Super-Concentrated (Some are from Baker’s, Russian Company)

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK
I'm just tried frost last week, only 10 drops for 10ml of 70% vg steeped few days. The flavor taste is ok however it gave some discomfort to my lung after a half tank vape. Don't know what's going on, never got issue with other inawera's flavors though.

In my opinion 10 drops is far too much.
The most I have put in a 10ml bottle was 5 drops and that a bit too strong for me.

What I do now is I add just 1 or 2 drops when I'm mixing and then later on I would add another drop or two if I want it stronger.

If you start with less you can always add more.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hi Neighbor, there are no "dumb questions" when it comes to e-cigs.
TFA is short for The Flavor Apprentice.
I haven't tried their Cherry Express that Andria suggests, but I've been through 4-5 cherry flavorings from other company's, and haven't found one I'm happy with yet.
Cherry is one of the harder flavors ... most taste like Maraschino, instead of "tree type" or fresh

I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to find a decent cherry at all, because cherry is really not one of my favorites; altogether too much vile cherry-flavored medication as a child. But the TFA (it's extract not express ;)) really is pretty good, none of those "too" things.

OTOH... if one really wants a maraschino flavor... the Lorann's is spot on, but it does have that nasty artificial color. I've never understood that marketing behind artificial color, or using sulfites in foods to preserve color -- most folks are aware that cooked/processed food looks different from fresh food -- it's completely unnecessary, and for the sulfites, deathly dangerous to asthmatics.

Andria

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
TFA Cherry Extract was VERY good; not maraschino, and not "cough drop" The TFA Cherry Extract is neither too tart nor too sweet nor too medicinal -- the Goldilocks of cherry flavors. :D
Andria
That is one I haven't tried yet, so it's on the "pick-up" list.
Thanks

PS .. how did that 'Glamour Chocolate *starting* at 10%" work out, or have you tried it yet ??

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That is one I haven't tried yet, so it's on the "pick-up" list.
Thanks

PS .. how did that 'Glamour Chocolate *starting* at 10%" work out, or have you tried it yet ??

Haven't tried it yet; I've been suffering either from some stomach bug or getting adjusted to higher steroid dosage for my asthma (or both maybe), so I haven't done much of anything for a few weeks except endure and hope the next day was better.

Now I'm starting on a major housecleaning effort, the deep kind into every crack and cranny, because there's a weird smell in here and I can't stand it another minute. Oh the joys of being smoke-free. :facepalm:

Andria

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Now I'm starting on a major housecleaning effort, the deep kind into every crack and cranny, because there's a weird smell in here and I can't stand it another minute. Oh the joys of being smoke-free. :facepalm:
Andria
:thumbs: boy is that the truth :w00t: .. forgot about some of the revelations that quitting revealed
Hope you are back to par soon.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Haven't tried it yet; I've been suffering either from some stomach bug or getting adjusted to higher steroid dosage for my asthma (or both maybe), so I haven't done much of anything for a few weeks except endure and hope the next day was better.

Andria

I'm a chocolate fiend so I'm interested in your take on the Glamour Chocolate which I haven't tried yet so keep us posted. I've been using the plain inawera chocolate (czekolada) and so far find it the best of the inawera chocolate offerings. It's not overly sweet but rich in chocolate flavor. Goes really well with tobacco mixes.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm a chocolate fiend so I'm interested in your take on the Glamour Chocolate which I haven't tried yet so keep us posted. I've been using the plain inawera chocolate (czekolada) and so far find it the best of the inawera chocolate offerings. It's not overly sweet but rich in chocolate flavor. Goes really well with tobacco mixes.

Unfortunately, I'm like Slots -- so far I haven't been able to taste much if any chocolate/cocoa flavor in a vape at all. That "Smocha" mix of mine, b.m. in the TFA thread tried it, and he's all "oooh it's so chocolatey!"... and I'm like, "it is?" :D

Andria

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I'm a chocolate fiend so I'm interested in your take on the Glamour Chocolate which I haven't tried yet so keep us posted.
Hi Danny ... been a while since I've talked directly to you, as I'm mostly a lurker, unless I can add anything.
You really have been a help to everyone, even this ol'broad has learned a few tips from you :wub:

I've tried the GC going up to 8% solo so far, and I'm ready to start a new test at the 10% level and go from there. If I hit 20%, I'll dump it :nah: The only other flavoring I have to go high on are the FW's ..... they suggest starting at 15% to begin with :w00t:
I let all my juices steep 4-8 weeks (just because I stay so far ahead of myself), so it had plenty of time to "develop"
Nothing, ... my poor deprived taste buds really had a big let down ....no chocolate.
The only one I have found with a decent chocolate taste, although very mild, was the VZ Chocolate Truffle SCG. I'm hoping to find a stronger (and cheaper) chocolate ... still looking :cry:
All that doesn't mean it won't work for you though :thumbs:
If your not getting ready to put in an order right now, I can send you enough to give it a try.
Just PM me the info. Anyone that loves chocolate is my kind of people :p

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I have neglected this flavor line for awhile. Any must haves on the sweet or fruits that are proven winners. I see Shisha strawberry. I have that on my list.
I do have both biscuits and a few of the tobaccos.
Any suggestions on the newer flavors? Bull city has some in stock now. I hope to gather a list before they are out of stock again. It's been over a month OOS.
@Jimi D. are you still here?

Reactions: Jimi D.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread