Status
Not open for further replies.

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
New coil is bad, perhaps? Not primed correctly? My white teas are usually good FOOB--never harsh. I don't use nautilus, but any coil by any manufacturer can be faulty. Good luck!

Didn't really think about that. I always prime them and then let the tank sit for 5-10 minutes before starting on it. This is the second tank on this coil so it should have been primed. I'll switch it and see if that helps. Thank you Katya :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Didn't really think about that. I always prime them and then let the tank sit for 5-10 minutes before starting on it. This is the second tank on this coil so it should have been primed. I'll switch it and see if that helps. Thank you Katya :)

Keep us posted. That's all I could think of...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I can't remember seeing any mention of Citrus Bliss, but for anyone wondering, this liquid is a winner! It's one that I somehow just skip over, like ALL the time! No more. Also, I got my 0 mg/mL Calypso and been vaping on it all day with no feelings of "whoops, time to slow down!" I got so much nic in my system I could probably vape 0 mg/mL for another week and not miss nic.

edit: Citrus Bliss also goes quite well with alternating sessions of it and Calypso.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
New coil is bad, perhaps? Not primed correctly? My white teas are usually good FOOB--never harsh. I don't use Nautilus, but any coil by any manufacturer can be faulty. Good luck!

Yeah, there is nothing harsh about the CPWT accept the feelings of watching the bottle dwindle.

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
Ok, I"m having a bit of a problem. I have been vaping my Caramel Pear White Tea in my daily rotation for over a week now. I have used the same tank and just recently put in a new coil. I have used up the sample that I got a week ago and have just started into my 30ml. The tank started out great as usual but now it is harsh. I tried adjusting my temps but nothing is helping. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it because it is FOOB? Should I give it a week to steep? It's the same recipe as my sample was. I'm tootle puffing it on a Coolfire IV in a Nautilus tank at 10.5 watts. That has pretty much been my sweet spot for it. I can't vape it without coughing and it stings my throat. Just started happening today. Any thoughts?

EDIT: It's 6mg nic in a 30VG/70PG base. I shook it before filling the tank. That is what I have all of AHL flavors in.

New coil is bad, perhaps? Not primed correctly? My white teas are usually good FOOB--never harsh. I don't use Nautilus, but any coil by any manufacturer can be faulty. Good luck!

I agree with, Katya. I bet the coil went bad. Whatever it is the coil isn't getting juice. That's why it tastes bad.

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
I agree with, Katya. I bet the coil went bad. Whatever it is the coil isn't getting juice. That's why it tastes bad.

Well I changed the coil and it was the same. I checked and found that I had accidentally ordered it with 12mg of nic. :facepalm: I have to check all the samples that I got with that order to see if I did it with them too. I already have another 30ml with 0 nic in my cart. Thank goodness I have a feedback coupon. I may have to wait for the next sale to go with it. Anyway, I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they will sell me an empty bottle so I can mix it. Guess I was just clicking too fast. Oh well, at least I figured it out LOL. Thank you all for your suggestions. :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Well I changed the coil and it was the same. I checked and found that I had accidentally ordered it with 12mg of nic. :facepalm: I have to check all the samples that I got with that order to see if I did it with them too. I already have another 30ml with 0 nic in my cart. Thank goodness I have a feedback coupon. I may have to wait for the next sale to go with it. Anyway, I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they will sell me an empty bottle so I can mix it. Guess I was just clicking too fast. Oh well, at least I figured it out LOL. Thank you all for your suggestions. :)

See, when I read the word "harsh", I never even thought that's what was meant. I assumed you meant harsh as in completely other way. I guess I am happy you found your answer even though I am sad you got bitten by the wrong order (something I've done more than three times!)

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
See, when I read the word "harsh", I never even thought that's what was meant. I assumed you meant harsh as in completely other way. I guess I am happy you found your answer even though I am sad you got bitten by the wrong order (something I've done more than three times!)

Well it is a lesson learned LOL. I will be more careful in the future. I am sure they will help me out with a bottle. It looks like I did that on the samples in the same order. I don't know what I was thinking or even IF I was thinking. LOL But that's ok. I don't mind having 60ml of the CPWT or 20 of the samples. I am going to drip the samples and see which ones I want to go ahead and get the 0 nic in. I will get them all fixed up over time. Thank you for letting me know I am not the only who has done this LOL I just filled the tank with Shangri-la Berry Tea. (6mg nic and yes I looked to be sure LOL) YUM. I've had it about a week and it's great. Wasn't to much of a transition from the CPWT. After about 5 puffs, it was back to being as smooth as can be. :)

Last edited:

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Speaking of Calypso-I love it, especially in the morning. It goes well with my orange juice. That said, I had a bottle of NJoy's Artist Collection Samba Sun sitting here for a couple of months. When my coil went on my Calypso tank, I thought, why not give Samba Sun a shot since it is a citrus also. Samba Sun is O.K., but it is no Calypso. It has a Tang-like aftertaste to me. If you like the drink Tang, you will likely enjoy Samba Sun. I won't be reordering it. Calypso is much more authentic and enjoyable to me!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Just got one a few days ago and stacked it with the regular 35 off for a small order over the weekend. I'm going to sample myself out! [emoji75]

Got a couple coffee flavors for my honey, he's been enjoying a mocha from another vendor a lot lately. Also got Billow Berry to try out.

My top 3 are (for right now)
Pineapple Cream sweetened
LVC
Caramel Apple
JG Blend is nice as well as Cafe au Lait but Caramel (anything coffee) is lacking in both Caramel and Coffee YMMV.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
So I finally placed my order today to use my feedback coupon before it expires tomorrow. I placed my order at noon, and by 2 pm, I already had notice that it had shipped! :w00t:..I've never had one go through that fast before! Just ordered a few 60's of some of my faves because I pretty much have every flavor I'm interested in from them and still have way too many of them to go through, but I couldn't let a feed back coupon get wasted. :)

GlacierBabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Alaskan in Louisiana
LOL I'm running out of room in my steeping drawer. steeping drawer.JPG

Shoot. Why did the pic come out sideways?:facepalm:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Can you guys tell me about Star Dust? :)

I had it a LONG time ago, big bottle as I was sure I would love it. I remember it being a little..harsh. Like in an acidic kind of way. Of course, ymmv and if it sounds good to you, try it as a sample! That's what I TRY to do.. :)

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Speaking of Calypso-I love it, especially in the morning. It goes well with my orange juice. That said, I had a bottle of NJoy's Artist Collection Samba Sun sitting here for a couple of months. When my coil went on my Calypso tank, I thought, why not give Samba Sun a shot since it is a citrus also. Samba Sun is O.K., but it is no Calypso. It has a Tang-like aftertaste to me. If you like the drink Tang, you will likely enjoy Samba Sun. I won't be reordering it. Calypso is much more authentic and enjoyable to me!

I like to vape Calypso in bed, after I've brushed my teeth. :)

It's delicious anytime of day or night! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread