Low Country Mountain Man Discussion and Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Liking 008. What shapes will the other 2 be that are going up tonight?
One looks like 007 with a little deeper relief and the other is kinda like this style:

Afzelia Burl (001)
20150929_210732_zpsttajkj2r.jpg

20150929_210745_zpszhfsx3xk.jpg

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Traditional, I'm afraid I'm hooked on untraditional [emoji16][emoji108] but I know other folks may want traditional. Can't wait to get see what you come up with, I may be swayed.

Tapapaw[emoji252]
There will still be nontraditional for you to cherry pick [emoji12]

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Be on the lookout m8s...my LCCM vid is exporting now, and with my slow internet, plus YouTube HD'ing times after the upload...it shall hit the interwebs tomorrow :evil:
Heck yes! I know those problems, getting pictures of the tips on the site at home is a nightmare even when I resize them way down I wouldn't even think of uploading a video from here.

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Sloth man...you are awesome brother. I can't thank you enough for the kind words and great vid, taking time out of your day to produce a shoutout.. .I really don't know what to say. Yall blow me away with the support!

I would like to address a few points brought up in the video (and just in general):

-wider bores: I would love to do some of these. If you look around the scene right now wide is in obviously but there are some limitations. In a traditional 510 you are going to have a hard time going much bigger than 6-7mm without it just being a tapered bore. I am exploring chuff cap stuff but still in the exploratory phase as far as that goes.

-Button covers: Sloth has the only one out in the wild right now, he mentioned there are a couple maple on the site right now which is true. Fortunately I have found a process which makes making these much more realistic in terms of time and effort. The next update and from then forward will include button covers and more often than not they will have matching drip tips available at the same time. Next update will have button covers in Zebrawood, Bloodwood, and four colors of stabilized buckeye burl (yellow, pink, purple, and blue).

-Finishes: we have moved to all CA finishes, there were a couple lacquer tips at the beginning but those are all gone.

Again, thanks brother you are the man!

p.s. that hiking footage has me feeling all sentimental for the hills

Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread