Increase In Cigarette Sales This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
My 40 watt tc battery was about the cost of a carton of cigarettes. 2 sub ohm tc tanks , another carton. 2 bottles of juice that'll last me weeks, another carton. A years worth of coils is about another carton. ~365 days worth of vaping gear for about the cost of 120 days worth of cigarettes.
Where it gets expensive is when it no longer is for smoking cessation but a new hobby/addiction because we want more and better stuff. I've got a buddy that has been using ego style battery and evod tank ,1 flavor juice only, for going on 2 years now. $50 was his initial setup cost, he's worn out 2 more batteries and some coils but ego non vv and evod coils are cheap to replace so he's well into the black financially by quitting smoking. I see that style setup up about 10-1 over the stuff we talk about mostly on forums and compare in our local vape shop around here.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
It makes my point that the cost of the juice isn't everything. And don't forget the time needed for fiddling with them.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It makes my point that the cost of the juice isn't everything. And don't forget the time needed for fiddling with them.
I believe if I started from scratch, knowing what I know after the last year, I could buy everything I need for three years of self sufficiency for about $250. I might need some replacement batteries along the way. Over that three years I would have spent $9,000 on cigarettes.

It's worth considering that we are a vangard undermining the biggest and most profitable drug cartel in human history but instead of criminal gangs the drug lords are government officials.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

I have prepared for the ultimate Vapocalypse ... where everything gets banned :blink:

Batteries is all I will ever need ... I have backups of everything, right down to spare orings for my Kayfuns.

I spent more time going to the store to buy smokes, than I do tending my vape gear.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I believe if I started from scratch, knowing what I know after the last year, I could buy everything I need for three years of self sufficiency for about $250. I might need some replacement batteries along the way. Over that three years I would have spent $9,000 on cigarettes.

It's worth considering that we are a vangard undermining the biggest and most profitable drug cartel in human history but instead of criminal gangs the drug lords are government officials.

The thing I've found most dispiriting, and still do, is that they're been bludgeoning us with all this 'don't smoke, smoking is evil, smokers are evil, no smoking ANYWHERE, one whiff will retroactively abort everyone's children'... and now that there actually IS a way to get millions of people very easily off cigarettes... now they WANT us to smoke??? Oh but, you still can't smoke ANYWHERE, and now apparently even YOUR OWN CAR isn't to be smoked in, if you have ONE OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN in it with you... oh, but they WANT us to smoke! :eek:o_O:mad::blink::censored::?::mad::grr::w00t:

I want them to shut the :censored: up, leave us alone, and MIND THEIR OWN DAMN BUSINESS! Or just ship them off the planet into space, pretty sure no one is smoking out there.

Just completely had it with every nanny everywhere trying to tell me what to do and how to live. I swear it makes me want to light ten cigarettes and blow it in their faces, just for the fun of it!

:evil:
Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So how much does all that vaping hardware that people are always obsessing over cost, including the parts that periodically need replacement?

The clearo/tanks I use are GS Air various styles around $12
http://www.heavengifts.com/Eleaf-GS-Air-M-Dual-Coil-Airflow-Adjustable-Atomizer.html
... the main body/tank which should last years...

The coils are 5 pieces for @$10
http://www.heavengifts.com/Eleaf-GS-Air-Dual-Coil-5pcs.html
... a coils lasts me @3 months, ymmv - I do two cleanings in high proof vodka before throwing them out.

I'm finding the 18650's last about the same as Rossum says - 18 months to two years again ymmv if you have more than one mod going which I do. My batts cost around $4-5 each.

http://www.heavengifts.com/SAMSUNG-INR18650-25R-2500mAh-High-drain-Battery-12C-30A.html

The mods - Defenders, Kbox mini, joyetech vtc will be the largest expense $25-40 and should last for years with replaceable batts, but things can happen with the chips - so far, so good on mine.

So, you're right - juice isn't everything, but the main thing that needs replenishing on a daily basis and the cheapest. Cheaper on all if you buy bulk, of course.

Reactions: skoony

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And don't forget the time needed for fiddling with them.
Some people like fiddling, some people deal with the fiddling because it saves them money.
I fall into neither category.

I'll pay more just to avoid fiddling.
I've already got enough to fiddle with.
:)

The more you're willing to fiddle with stuff, the less this whole thing will cost you.

But in the end, you have the power to make such decisions.
Something you didn't really have with smoking.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Fill a tank= under a minute. Clean a tank = under 3 minutes. Change a pre made coil/wick= under a minute. Change a battery while you sleep and it takes as long to plug one in as it does your phone/tablet/laptop/etc. Drive/walk/bike ride to the store for more smokes takes a lot longer than vaping maintenance unless your closest quick mart is next to your apartment. At that point its a wash at best, time wise, if you don't have to wait in line any.
Can cigarettes be purchased online? I've never tried so I don't know but I've gotten quite a bit of my vaping stuff without ever leaving the house.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Some people like fiddling, some people deal with the fiddling because it saves them money.

The more you're willing to fiddle with stuff, the less this whole thing will cost you.

I'll do a great deal to save money; it's one of my foremost goals, always. Plus, I know that I can do a better job pleasing my own tastes than any pre-packaged, pre-made ANYTHING. That's why I cook, and why I make my own ejuice and build my own coils. I never learned to sew, or I'd probably make my own clothes for the same reason -- I have a hard time finding clothes that truly fit me -- I've always managed to fall right *between* sizes, whatever my size and weight. :facepalm:

Having such power is also something that pleases me a great deal; with cigarettes, I very much felt under duress -- I had to have them, at whatever price I could find them. I don't miss anything about smoking one iota.

Andria

Reactions: philoshop

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia

I have a friend that does simple plug-and-play cigalikes. They've kept him off of tobacco for over 4 years now.
I too for in that odd waist/shirt size. 34 pants too small,36 being too large. I just pinch an inch with needle and thread.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: skoony

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have a friend that does simple plug-and-play cigalikes. They've kept him off of tobacco for over 4 years now.
In the end it's what ever works. Any vaping program is cheaper than smoking.

I want an economical vape for the bragging rights. For me that's temp control, rda clones, DIY, some tools and spare parts. 15 minutes to make a coil every 10 days. 15 minutes to mix a month supply of liquid, and 10 seconds 10 times a day to drip. Where is the inconvenience?

I've also decided I'm going to put 2 more 1 liter bottles of nic in the freezer. At $50 each it's worth doing even if I eventually have to throw them away because they some how spoiled. It's a $100 vaping insurance policy for 7 additional years of protection. That's dirt cheap for insurance. If the nic supply is not threatened after all I'll turn it over by mixing for friends to encourage them to start DIY. My vaping coworkers are already jealous that my liquid is free, a good start.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yes, please shut the **** up, leave us alone, and MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS, you TC cult freaks!

TIA

ROFL!!! Not *exactly* who I had in mind, but it works for them, too. :D Mainly I was thinking of all those TOTAL FREAKING IDIOTS wanting us to smoke -- just nowhere around them! Or even... NOWHERE AT ALL! They want us to keep smoking so we'll stay home, alone, alienated, and they'll have someone to talk trash about!

WELL I AIN'T GONNA DO IT!!! They can bite me! I'll bite back!

Andria

Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread