OBS Crius RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
I recieved my black Crius today from Wet Vapes....Sure enough, it has the leaking issue from the AFC just as others have mentioned here.

The whole unit will actually jiggle around a bit, even when fully assembled and tightened onto a mod. Also, the juice control spins too freely, like it was mounted on a ball bearing.

My guess is that it was either poorly machined, or it has an improperly sized gasket in the base section.

Has anyone figured out how to break down the base section to try and remedy this problem?

20151128_215643_resized_1.jpg
20151128_215548_resized_1.jpg

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
I recieved my black Crius today from Wet Vapes....Sure enough, it has the leaking issue from the AFC just as others have mentioned here.

The whole unit will actually jiggle around a bit, even when fully assembled and tightened onto a mod. Also, the juice control spins too freely, like it was mounted on a ball bearing.

My guess is that it was either poorly machined, or it has an improperly sized gasket in the base section.

Has anyone figured out how to break down the base section to try and remedy this problem?

View attachment 510117 View attachment 510119
Wow, that sucks. My black Crius is suppose to arrive Monday, also from wetvapes. Hope that this can be corrected. I had high hopes for this tank to go with my Aromamizer and Cthulhu v2. Both are a pain to refill, but certainly don't leak. :(

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
So far I've only actually used the black v2 deck and today I built the silver one with the v3 velocity deck. No problems with those two. I think my initial leak with my black one was caused by not having the tank screwed completely into the base, so check that it is. I'm not 100% positive on that though.

I have not tested my silver v2 deck, nor my black v3 velocity deck.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast

jefx

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Damn shame that they have quality problems because it's a nice tank.

I received two with a dimple on the chimney holes. It tears up the deck pretty good if you try to use it.

Funny thing is I reached out for the manufacturer twice and got blown off.

It's a nice design, but in it's current condition, I won't be using mine.

Did you try contacting the vendor you bought it from?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Last edited:
Reactions: ashtrayogdc

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Well I finally got the 510 post (the brass thing with a screwdriver slot) and can tell you it is not threaded. The positive block on the deck has a pin (non-threaded) that pushes into that brass 510 post which is hollow like a tube. So screwing/unscrewing the 510 post does nothing. I also believe the insulator that pin/positive post goes through is ceramic because mine shattered while trying to get it apart. While I got the 510 post and positive block/pin out , the base still doesn't come apart. This is a ver 2 deck and I wanted a V-deck anyway. lol

Since this deck is ruined, I'm going to keep trying to get the base apart. Dremel and cutoff wheel here I come!!

This was the first Crius I bought and never had any probs with it. I took said Crius off a mod and put it in an atty holder a day and a half ago. When I went to use it tonight the bottom of the atyy (inside the afc ring) was full of juice.

I have a couple theories on the leaking and one of them has to do with where the 510 post/positive block pin/insulator come together in/on the deck. Remember they're pressed, not screwed.

More to follow. I need to go to bed before I just smash this thing with a sledgehammer and call it a day!! lol

jefx

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Freedogg. Sorry to hear that your deck is now busted, but many thanks for sacrificing it to figure out how it's assembled. I am very interested in your findings. Hopefully the info you get from your experiment will help those of us with leaky decks find a way to fix them.

If you do go farther with the disassembly, some pictures would also be helpful!

I am also curious as to how Roxy was able to remove the 510 post from her decks by unscrewing them, while others of us have posts that are press-fit into place.

Reactions: freedogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread