Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Crius plus is a solid tank but I just wasn't getting the flavor that the Merlin was giving so I cleaned it and boxed it up for a rainy day.

Very different tank than the Merlin. The flavor on the Merlin is superior. Each has its own place. My Merlin is in use far more often than my Crius, but it's nice for a change in style.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I did like the crius plus but like the merlin better and I just have too many tanks going at once so the plus was the odd man out. I still have a crius that's not a plus coming and a goblin v3 mini so I'm excited to try those two.

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
    Jul 21, 2016
    I did like the crius plus but like the merlin better and I just have too many tanks going at once so the plus was the odd man out. I still have a crius that's not a plus coming and a goblin v3 mini so I'm excited to try those two.

I'm running into the same problem with too many tanks. Like a kid in a candy store, I only started building a few months ago but I have now bought maybe a dozen or so tanks. I had to boot the Crius Plus out, the Conqueror, the Aromamizer supreme (think something is wrong as it gurgles and floods). Like a football coach evaluating players, it all comes down to self selection due to performance. And for me the Billow 3, Boreas and Griffin 25 have separated themselves....for me anyway. I like the Merlin also but I tend to leave juice in tanks rather than cleaning them out and giving them a rest. Which is not good because the cotton and coils get icky. :eek:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I'm running into the same problem with too many tanks. Like a kid in a candy store, I only started building a few months ago but I have now bought maybe a dozen or so tanks. I had to boot the Crius Plus out, the Conqueror, the Aromamizer supreme (think something is wrong as it gurgles and floods). Like a football coach evaluating players, it all comes down to self selection due to performance. And for me the Billow 3, Boreas and Griffin 25 have separated themselves....for me anyway. I like the Merlin also but I tend to leave juice in tanks rather than cleaning them out and giving them a rest. Which is not good because the cotton and coils get icky. :eek:
    boreas and billow v3+ are the ones I use the most as well. Haven't tried my Griffin 25 yet and already wanting to order the griffin 25+. #firstworldproblems

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    My Merlin, Bellus, and Tornado nano are my first line.

Second line, Boreas, Crius Plus, Limitless+, Serpent mini, and my Squape (although that's been getting less use). Lots of multiples on the first and second line stuff for my survival stash.

For out and about I'm enjoying the Ultimo on my Pico. Overall, a nice mix of styles.

then there's the "what's in the back of the drawer stuff", but they're there for a reason.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I still like and use the crown tanks with rba's. I didn't like any of the stock coils but the rba is a good fit for me and fairly easy to build. I haven't tried several of the ones mentioned here but do like the merlin.

Reactions: MMW and Eskie

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    The Crius Plus has been kicking me out of TC on the VT133. I has to do with the resistance changing on the mod because of that Kanger grommet type floating 510 pin in the base. I cleaned it earlier and it lasted for a couple of hours but kicked me out again.

So I popped out the brass 510 pin and the rubber grommet.

I figured if I put the 510 pin and grommet in from the other side of the base, the deck post would push against it with more tension or an o-ring could be installed under the pin to raise it. Shades of WeeLeaf iStick 20W floating pin here...

The brass pin's head is a little too close in base walls for my liking. I mounted it in my drill and turned the head diameter down a millimeter to give it more clearance. Reassembled the Crius Plus and so far TC is working properly again on the VT133.

Time will tell...

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread