The ProVarinati Diner & Saloon #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I guess that could be the problem, I have Pc Doctor running right now and it is taking forever. I am going to leave it running tonight and try to change the resolution tomorrow, those links list the exact problem I am having. I also thought of another thing I can try is a different adapter.

KAS

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
She needs to be reported at the least once a day
:?:

True story :pop:

giphy.gif

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
A few hours in to my Win10 setup...
- machine DIED before i could "create an account". Very lovely psychadelic flashing colors on the monitor! Fortunately Dell talked me through getting back to a clean install state, and it hasn't recurred.
- Killed all the spy stuff - at least the stuff I can find
- Can. Not. Install. Chrome. Either Google "needs" some of that private data and won't install without it, or else Microsoft found some sneaky way to block Chrome
- Ahhh. Fixed it. Took 10 tries and a restart...
- Link for bundled software download failed. 3 times. Password lockout for 15 minutes. "retrieve password" delivered a totally different password. That worked.
- Already had to lie to Microsoft once, saying I had no Account to load Windows. Then had to lie and give them a totally FAKE account to install Office.
- Now have another half dozen different passwords to add to the list. I have a list of username/password pairs that's got to be 200 lines long. Every airline, hotel chain, rental car company, 10 different company systems, banks, old banks...there's GOT to be a better method. Even if there was just a standardized format/requirements, and maybe if they ALL timed out together - that would help.

We should make it a national holiday.

Every 1/31: Happy "Change All Your Passwords Day"!!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I guess that could be the problem, I have Pc Doctor running right now and it is taking forever. I am going to leave it running tonight and try to change the resolution tomorrow, those links list the exact problem I am having. I also thought of another thing I can try is a different adapter.

KAS
Does PC Dr. really work for you? For me it's always been some gimmicky software that lulls one into a false sense of security that it's looking out for me.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Does PC Dr. really work for you? For me it's always been some gimmicky software that lulls one into a false sense of security that it's looking out for me.

You just described most of the products currently on the market, ... across the board.
Marketing at it's best. :nah:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Holy crap. Still at it. I was running something like Quicken 1963 I guess...had to uninstall Quicken 2016 so I could install Quicken 2004, which was the year that had the ability to convert my file. Then I was re-installing Quicken 2016 when friggin' Windows decided to update. And even though the updates not installed, I noticed that at some point Windows turned BACK ON the "download stuff from strangers and let them download stuff from you" option. REALLY?? NO I do not feel all warm and fuzzy about using MY bandwidth to deliver OTHER people's annoying Windows updates to them.
That's total BS, right there...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I ended up shutting it down, so no it did not work for me, for now I just unplugged that monitor, the old 15 year old monitor works better.:glare:

KAS

Reactions: AstroTurf

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
A few hours in to my Win10 setup...
- machine DIED before i could "create an account". Very lovely psychadelic flashing colors on the monitor! Fortunately Dell talked me through getting back to a clean install state, and it hasn't recurred.
- Killed all the spy stuff - at least the stuff I can find
- Can. Not. Install. Chrome. Either Google "needs" some of that private data and won't install without it, or else Microsoft found some sneaky way to block Chrome
- Ahhh. Fixed it. Took 10 tries and a restart...
- Link for bundled software download failed. 3 times. Password lockout for 15 minutes. "retrieve password" delivered a totally different password. That worked.
- Already had to lie to Microsoft once, saying I had no Account to load Windows. Then had to lie and give them a totally FAKE account to install Office.
- Now have another half dozen different passwords to add to the list. I have a list of username/password pairs that's got to be 200 lines long. Every airline, hotel chain, rental car company, 10 different company systems, banks, old banks...there's GOT to be a better method. Even if there was just a standardized format/requirements, and maybe if they ALL timed out together - that would help.

We should make it a national holiday.

Every 1/31: Happy "Change All Your Passwords Day"!!!
I change my passwords every month using 17 length random password generator with the LASTPASS password manager. It has proven very effective. I also use it to store license keys and notes - inexpensive (imo) at $12 a year for multiple devices.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Still effin with quicken here.
SUPPOSED to be able to convert old file using version 2004. Tried that 4 times, including guided by support - no go.
Went back to version 1999. Would not install. at. all.
Went to version 2003. Looks good! Thats my money!
Updated from 2003 to 2004 to get ready for 2016. Nope. Looks kooky in 2016.
Mind you, every step, I have to completely uninstall the version I'm using, then reinstall the next version and try to open the converted file I saved in the last version.

ONE last try here, then I will resort to starting all over, manually recreating everything in the new version, by looking back through some reports I ran using version 2004 for my starting points.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Still effin with quicken here.
SUPPOSED to be able to convert old file using version 2004. Tried that 4 times, including guided by support - no go.
Went back to version 1999. Would not install. at. all.
Went to version 2003. Looks good! Thats my money!
Updated from 2003 to 2004 to get ready for 2016. Nope. Looks kooky in 2016.
Mind you, every step, I have to completely uninstall the version I'm using, then reinstall the next version and try to open the converted file I saved in the last version.

ONE last try here, then I will resort to starting all over, manually recreating everything in the new version, by looking back through some reports I ran using version 2004 for my starting points.

I've not used this software, but I have found that after upgrading a number of time, sometimes it's just better to get a fresh copy of the newest version. I'm thinking you could save your data into a file to import back into the new version later.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Okay i just found that I can reset the pc to how it was before I started playing with the settings, I figure the problems were caused by some of the things I did, so starting over. :|

KAS

Everything was working great until I did the microsoft update, I started over again. :(

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread