[CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skillzizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2015
west lebanon nh
Some people said that they would prefer it if the mod was smaller. I get it, but do you really think it's worth making it smaller, sacrificing the battery life? Anyone here agreee?

Smaller batterie makes it use less to me brother. I have owned 3 dna 200.s 1800 mah was great 1000 mah throw them in the trash they were useless. I would rather have a mod that last all day. Opinions very I guess. I would like mine exactly how we talked about in email please brother. No other options needed for me.

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
Some people said that they would prefer it if the mod was smaller. I get it, but do you really think it's worth making it smaller, sacrificing the battery life? Anyone here agreee?

I honestly see both sides of it. Small mods for better in hand feel, and more pocket friendly. But at the same time you're right, a smaller mod would sacrifice the battery life and or juice capacity. In my mind though, I would prefer a wider mod but not as long, if that makes sense. Think something similar in shape to the Reuleaux RX200 mods. I've actually got one on its way to me that I'm gonna try and convert to a BF mod. Even with what you have in mind now, I'm interested. Just not totally convinced I would like its size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
So im loking at other comperable mods and this is where it stands as of current. It's a little smaller than 3x3in so its an inch shorter than a BMI mod and a half inch wider, (Bottle to back end. ) The VT200 (WHICH HAS A SIMILAR SPEC BATTERY', it think its a 1300mah instead of an 1800man is an inch taller and an inch thinner, (neither of these mds have bottles in them.

I'm going to do what I can to make it smaller, being the prototype I will have some space to eliminate right off the bat but I'm still trying to go as small as possible, I just really don't want to go to a smaller battery ...unless everyone wants a smaller battery.. As always I'm always open for suggestions. :^)

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I can put the batttery in sideways, it will be a goofy shape like that Reuleaux or whatever its called, id actually make it an L shaped maybe so that I could still do a flat dor that slides off, I REALLY REALLY LOVE the way that works. It's fantastic. But if it was an L shape I thinkit would fin in your hand just fine, but it would look hella weird....I think...I dunno. ..Maybe I'll acll this the community mod, Ill build it to however you guys want. Making it goofy shape like tht is a TON more work, but I dont care, I want to make it as good as you can get, spare no expenses, that's the way I like to do things. The more input the better, keep it coming.

As far as protability goes, I could make it bigger still and it would still be nice to carry, the thing doesn't weigh anything, its so light its crazy. ..Really impresive. The bottle is easy to change\fill the battery comes in and out really easily, I'm really happy with it how it is, but I'm always tryign to make things better. Your help is much apprecated.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Here's a little better scale pic
c145d8f1ac7df162f13e68ac30a37cb0.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I'm sure you're gonna make sure the liquid does not accidentally reach the DNA200 chip. I haven't seen the SX mod that you made, but as a newbie to squonking I noticed that sometimes I have ejuice inside my Reo. Never had juice leaking inside my tmod though. And even if I had, the design of the tmod keeps the battery dry at all times.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
That's correct, keeping juice set from electronic posts it's something I always do. The center space between the bottle and the board is curved as well, so it clips or hugs the bottle tight and keeps it in place while remaining easily changeable as possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Im considering putting the battery in like this, it will save line 3/4in in the width, endto end, but it will

a: make is screwy shaped like that thing that started with a R. If I go this route I can put a ten ml. bottle in it and it wouldn't make it any bigger due to the bottle.

b: more likely, make it L shaped, from above view, flat on the door side but sick out on the board side.this will make it a lot shorter end to end and really only a little wider.

c: I can't remember this idea, but in up for input, noted the time I'm going to start production soon and they will be finished quickly, If everyone that's already on the list likes the new ideas I won't have to make two different models.

I COULD also go with a smaller battery, personally I think that sucks. I hate big mods and this thing in delrin... and probably even in aluminum is so light it could be bigger and still not be a bother in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
If I do a single 18650 dna 40 mod that's the same size as my seamless 10ml mechs but with an 8.5ml bottle, would the same people who want this mod be interested in that. If you want me to do a dna40/8.5ml/18650 mod then start an interest list and if it gets a lot of action I can do that too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread