Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I compared endurance of the cuboid and mini with two brand new 18650 LG 18650HG2 3000mAh. The same atomizer, an SV clone rda from fasttech with the same build, 28 guage stainless.

The Cuboid was set to 380 degrees, 30 max watts and read the coil at 1.15 ohms. The battery died at 1352 seconds / 60 = 22.5 minutes.

For the Evic VTC mini test I used one of the new LG battteries after overnight charging on an external charger. It was set to 440 degrees, 30 max watts and read the coil as 1.1 ohms. (I don't think the larger degrees setting changed much. I do MTL and take 2 second puffs so I don't think the max temp was reached very often.) When the device wouldn't fire any more the timer showed 1666 seconds /60 = 28 minutes.

If my results are accurate and repeatable it's saying that there is no benefit to the big bad cuboid at the power levels I vape except it's big watts spec impresses the youngin's. The mini's endurance happens to be enough to get me though an entire day or close to it so on work days, when I'm charging during the day, it's enough. For most time off field trips it's probably also enough but if I carry a spare battery it appears that combination is more minutes than two batteries in the cuboid.

I don't think this observation exposes a fault in the cuboid, only a limitation inherent in series wiring. The paralell battery arrangement might be appealing because you can carry both a fresh and a well used battery and get more life from the older depleted batteries. I'm hesitant about the Eleaf 100w tc mod but still shopping for a paralell 2 cell mod.

Last edited:

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
20160205_115538.jpg
20160205_115538.jpg
20160205_113433.jpg
20160205_115423.jpg
Just a couple additions to the Cuboid recently. Same sleeve was posted before and just confirming that the fit and feel are perfect. A bit pricey from an Ebay seller but no more worries about wear or scratches and buttons feel and sound better. Also picked up the belt clip holster at a local flea market for $4.00. I cut the top flap off and the Cuboid with sleeve fits perfect with just the right amount of tension. Sorry about the way the pics loaded.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    need a solution its been bugging me.

my cuboid seems to change from TC SS316 to power mode at times.

using steam crave aromamizer or any atty, it detects the atty proper and vape great than a few hrs later it auto swap to power mode, fiddle with it trying to reset it. removing atty, press fire button a few times, put it back, if does not work rinse and repeat till it work.

same for my evic vtc mini. anyone got the same issues and a fix for this?
    Bumping question........

vitorchapas

Nov 1, 2014
    Portugal
    Seen people that has changed the powername in the display to their own name. Anyone know how I can do that?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk
    Open the firmware file with an hex editor and change what you want, then update it to your mod.
    Not complicated but... You must know what you are doing...

Enviado do meu San Remo Mini através de Tapatalk

Reactions: Fullknight

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2015
    Playa del Carmen, Mexico
    need a solution its been bugging me.

my cuboid seems to change from TC SS316 to power mode at times.
    same for my evic vtc mini. anyone got the same issues and a fix for this?

I've had that problem on the evic not yet on my Cuboid, and only when my battery was on the low side. Changed my battery and it all went back to normal. Perhaps the V left on the battery where insufficient to reach the W I was asking it to reach with my build so it kicked me out?

Reactions: puffon

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Can you post a photo?

I just redid the image search and while there were only a few pictures showing black Cuboid's backside, it would seem that in early photos there were high contrast white-on-black text and logos and now there were also a couple with grey-on-black. Much better if you ask me, but still totally readable.

I'm currently back into silver/SS mods which more or less match my atties, but I'd go for a Vapesoon style fake leather sleeve if they were available. Various colours too, to match the mood or occasion.

Sure here is the photo
    Cuboid Small.jpg

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2015
    Did you watch this video, it might help on you're SS issues.

Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt
    Followed his tip on setting the TCR to 0108 for 316L and so far so good on the Bellus... Will play with it for a few more days and a couple more coils before i make a definite call, but so far, so good.

SirLoki

ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2014
    Vail,AZ,USA
    I have been looking all over the net for reasons why this mod has such crappie battery life. The same tank and coil on my segelei 150w at 60w gets 18-24 hrs while the cubiod gets 8-12 hrs. I used the timer on the cubiod for one run and it got 733 secs from full to weak battery. The only thing I could find to explain this is a Russian video where he takes the mod apart. In the video you can see they did the typical Chinese bs and wired the negative to the casing not directly to the 510. With an aluminum mod not a real big deal but in a much less conductive zinc alloy mod I feel this is where most of our battery life is draining to.

I really like the look feel and performance of the mod except for this one problem. And as it is my only tc mid and I have fallen in love with so tc mode I will continue to use it. But damn what a crappy design choice that was and it will greatly affect any decision to purchase future Joytech products.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
    Nov 14, 2014
    I have been surprised at the battery life too. I don't sub ohm, coils typically around 1.4 ohms run at 8-14w.

Bought the cuboid for home use/back up while charging Istick 30 and 60, which are my out and about mods.

Was thinking battery drain might be from the mod constantly monitoring its status when on? Don't know, just spit balling here.

samagon

Feb 8, 2016
    I've been a long time lurker and have learned a lot, but I had to sign up to respond to some of the 'side by side vape time' "tests" that are being done.

A lot of people in this thread have been doing side by side vape counter time comparisons against the vtc mini, which is great. However, some of the testing is flawed. if you're going to do a valid comparison, keep everything controlled except for the one variable you are testing.

I bought 3 new batteries (green samsung 25r). one for my vtc, two for the cuboid. charged both devices via the USB to ensure similar charging. I used a NI200 twisted 28g coil in a serpent RTA that came in at .09 on both devices and airflow wide open.

On both devices I set it to the M1 setting (which I had set to 710 because I prefer this setting vs. the generic NI setting), wattage was set to 40, and temp was set to 440.

vaped both until the battery light started flashing.

cuboid : 781 seconds.
    vtc mini : 524 seconds.

I urge others to test, but please if you test, keep everything (everything!) the same, it does no good to change the temp from one device to another, or set the wattage differently, or use a different RDA, or RTA, or build a new coil for the same tank, or whatever. Keep everything exactly the same except for the one variable, which is what device you are using it on.

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant (on a first post no less), hope I was more of a help than a ranting lunatic.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    I've been a long time lurker and have learned a lot, but I had to sign up to respond to some of the 'side by side vape time' "tests" that are being done.

A lot of people in this thread have been doing side by side vape counter time comparisons against the vtc mini, which is great. However, some of the testing is flawed. if you're going to do a valid comparison, keep everything controlled except for the one variable you are testing.

I bought 3 new batteries (green samsung 25r). one for my vtc, two for the cuboid. charged both devices via the USB to ensure similar charging. I used a NI200 twisted 28g coil in a serpent RTA that came in at .09 on both devices and airflow wide open.

On both devices I set it to the M1 setting (which I had set to 710 because I prefer this setting vs. the generic NI setting), wattage was set to 40, and temp was set to 440.

vaped both until the battery light started flashing.

cuboid : 781 seconds.
    vtc mini : 524 seconds.

I urge others to test, but please if you test, keep everything (everything!) the same, it does no good to change the temp from one device to another, or set the wattage differently, or use a different RDA, or RTA, or build a new coil for the same tank, or whatever. Keep everything exactly the same except for the one variable, which is what device you are using it on.

So if you want to change the temp settings, or the wattage, do these tests on the same device to see what the most efficient settings are for your vape preferences. But when doing tests comparing different devices capabilities, keep those settings the same between devices. Otherwise you should just throw out the results as a waste of time, and consider it misinformation that could hinder others from making an educated decision.
    While I agree it's best to keep all things equal during a test, I say the more tests the merrier! As long as you post how you did it, it's all useful information we can either use or discard.

I don't use temp control so I appreciate your test numbers but they don't equate to how I vape.

At this point I think we all know the Cuboid isn't the most efficient dual battery mod in comparison tests. It may now be more beneficial just to post how long it lasts with different builds at varying settings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread