Capella's Vanilla Custard - A DIY Newbie's Bestest Friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Cut all the percentages in half. Those are likely the original percentages for each recipe, but combining them, you'd want to halve all the amounts. :) That recipe sounds really good! I have one like that, too, a caramel cupcake recipe that didn't turn out as wonderful as I thought it would (it was a little bland) that I combined with a strawberry cupcake recipe, and the combination of the two was fabulous! I still need to sit down and recalculate all the flavor percentages, and the list of flavors ended up being as long as Kenna's! LOL! It looks intimidating, but hey, if it's good juice, then it makes it worth the time, eh? ;)

~Lannie

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Is that 57% flavor??? :shock:
I know! Lower the percentages if you choose. I may do so later but this was a mix of 2 recipes, & something I kinda stumbled over remember. I'm afraid to change anything, it might not be as good. I've not been able to walk into a B&M & use the house juice's, or many of the less expensive juices found online. Flavor is what keeps me from smoking. Custards seem to be the extent of my flavor profile even after a year & a half. vaping & DIY are not only a harm reduction step, but a cost cutter for me, because those "premium" juices are expensive. So, having stumbled over it, & made my first deliberately made bottle, which is aging right now, I may make changes later. Feel free to do so yourself. But if you are vaping the contents of your dump bottle & loving it, exactly what percentage of flavor do you think that is?

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
When you mixed them you doubled the volume so half the percentages.
But the flavors are not the same between the 2 recipes. So halving will not work. The only flavors that appear in both recipes are VC & Caramel. VC is 8% in one & 3% in the other. Caramel is 2% in one & 3% in the other. The other ingredients only appear once in one or the other but not in both. Nothing was doubled except the the total percentage of flavor. I made 10ml of each recipe. I had just over a ½ of each left when I dumped them together, so the percentages of flavors did not change. It worked. Try it, play with it, or just walk away. I'm going to continue playing with it. Once I see how this batch turns out I might decrease the PB, &/or Cake Batter. Or leave out the Whipped Cream, &/or TDC, which alone would decrease % by 9.5. But until I see if I have duplicated that dump accident I.m not changing a thing.
OMG. Now I'm gonna be known as the dummy who put 57% flavoring in a mix. Makes me wish I'd used a fake name. If you want the recipe to play with it write it down now because it might be going away.

Last edited:

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Ok! This is an accidental recipe. I combined 2 bottles of juice from 2 recipes I'd found on ECF that were ok, but not quite hitting the target for me. So I dumped them together. Both had 1/2 of a 10ml test batch, & had been sitting about a month, so both were well aged. Thank goodness I had both recipes saved, because combining them made a really good juice. Here it is: measurements are all percentages.
Peanut Butter (TFA) 12.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 11.
Toffee Dream Cream (FW) 7.5
Cake Batter (CAP) 7.
Whipped Cream (TFA) 2.
Sweet Cream (TFA) 2.
Vienna Cream (FA) 5.
Caramel Original (FA) 5.
Catalan Cream (FA) 3.
Graham Cracker (FW) 3.
Honey (INW) 2 drops per 10ml
Sweetner 2 drops per 10ml

I heated it enough to make it easy to shake it well. I tape bottles to my back massager & let it shake until the juice is opaque with bubbles. Then let it sit with the tip off of the bottle until the bubbles are gone, then cap it & let it age. I tried a half a tank the next day & can tell it needs to age & mature for all that goodness to come out. It has a lot of creams in it, & the 2 bottles of juice I combined to get this had been sitting for a month. I can see substituting Fresh Cream for the Whipped Cream, & maybe Butter Toffee for the TDC since there's already so much cream going on. I guess it could be a shake & vape for some, but the set it & forget it method results in a really good juice.
ETA: @Capt. Shay, here's the recipe I told you about in convo.

Looks amazing

Reactions: Kenna

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I love the Gold Ducat. That stuff is awesome. I accidentally topped off a tank of it with Hangsen Arabic yesterday. It's a surprisingly good combo.

See gold ducat by itself is really good because it's so complex already..the 7 leaves adds kind of a spice to it
The tab blend doesn't add much in a lemo..

In a dripper it's amazing though

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
If you like RY4's, take any plain jane or nutty tobacco you have and add some vanilla and caramel. I don't think Gold Ducat would be a good one, but FA 7 Leaves would. Try like 5% 7 Leaves, 2% VC, and 2% Caramel. If you have some bourbon, add about 5 drops per 10 ml to perk it up a lil bit.

I have some FA brandy.
Would that work?

Also I have FA carmael,FA butterscotch,TFA vanilla swirl,caps vc v2 , FA vienna cream

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
My best RY4 is:
5% FA Royal
5% FA 7 Leaves
3% Vanilla Swirl
3% TFA Caramel

Royal has a light minty thing to it. For a change, I add 5 drops TFA Kentucky Bourbon.
Never tried the Brandy flavor, so I can't say, and I don't know how the %'s would translate to use your FA caramel, etc. But the Vanilla Swirl and Caramel with 7 Leaves should get you in the ballpark of a good RY4. :thumb:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
But the flavors are not the same between the 2 recipes. So halving will not work. The only flavors that appear in both recipes are VC & Caramel. VC is 8% in one & 3% in the other. Caramel is 2% in one & 3% in the other. The other ingredients only appear once in one or the other but not in both. Nothing was doubled except the the total percentage of flavor. I made 10ml of each recipe. I had just over a ½ of each left when I dumped them together, so the percentages of flavors did not change. It worked. Try it, play with it, or just walk away. I'm going to continue playing with it. Once I see how this batch turns out I might decrease the PB, &/or Cake Batter. Or leave out the Whipped Cream, &/or TDC, which alone would decrease % by 9.5. But until I see if I have duplicated that dump accident I.m not changing a thing.
OMG. Now I'm gonna be known as the dummy who put 57% flavoring in a mix. Makes me wish I'd used a fake name. If you want the recipe to play with it write it down now because it might be going away.
When you combined the two, you doubled the total volume so you'll still need to half the percents in each recipe then combine any like flavors for the new mix.

For the VC, for example, you'd add 4% and 1.5% for 5.5% for your new mix. Hope this helps and let us know how it goes. :vapor:

Oh and also, that means your total flavors was half of 57% also, because each recipe contributed 50% or half of the total volume. I've seen lots of recipes at 30 percent and above and as others have said, as long as you like it, that's all that matters anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread