TFA Dulce de Leche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I ordered some TFA Dulce de Leche after finding a vanilla custard recipe with it (15% Capella VC v2, 2% TFA Dulce) I'm not sure if I received the right flavor. I've tried Dulce de Leche liquids before, they've typically been creamy, milky, with a caramel taste with very little smell. This smells very strongly of chocolate. I went ahead and used it in the mix, hoping it would mellow out. It's been a couple weeks of shaking, sitting, and hoping it will turn out. I just tried some in my dripper.. and I taste chocolate. You may have guessed by now.. I do not like chocolate. :glare:

Is this normal, does it mellow out, or have I possibly gotten the wrong flavor?

Last edited:

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I'd say a pale honey color

tmp_4108-20140927_073852-1-736104527.jpg

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I ordered some TFA Dulce de Leche after finding a vanilla custard recipe with it (15% Capella VC v2, 2% TFA Dulce) I'm not sure if I received the right flavor. I've tried Dulce de Leche liquids before, they've typically been creamy, milky, with a caramel taste with very little smell. This smells very strongly of chocolate. I went ahead and used it in the mix, hoping it would mellow out. It's been a couple weeks of shaking, sitting, and hoping it will turn out. I just tried some in my dripper.. and I taste chocolate. You may have guessed by now.. I do not like chocolate. :glare:

Is this normal, does it mellow out, or have I possibly gotten the wrong flavor?

Odd TFA Dulce de Leche is one of my go to flavors when mixing deserts. I am a chocolate lover but I get more of a creamy caramel then a chocolate. 2% seems reasonable for it so I can't be much help.

Last edited:

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Soignee, I'm assuming it looked like that when you first got it also?

Odd TFA Dulce de Leche is one of my go to flavors when mixing deserts. I am a chocolate lover but I get more of a creamy caramel then a chocolate. 2% seems reasonable for it so I can't be much help.

I was expecting a caramel flavor, like I said I've tried Dulce liquids before and that's what it tasted like, which is pretty accurate since actual Dulce de Leche is a rich milk based sauce that's thickens and caramelizes as it reduces.

I've gotten flavorings that don't smell like they're supposed to taste and they turned out fine, hoped that would be the case, but I'm really doubting whether I got the right one. Figures, the one time I go ahead and mix a large batch of liquid, heard such good things I didn't want to have to wait for another to steep. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
I realize that company's get these flavors in large batches and repackage them, but the way it looks between the 3 pics on this thread... Can you say watered down? You know for all the years I've smoked ciggs I've never had a bad batch or a stale pack. It's crazy how some of these company's try and cut corners to make more money. That would be a huge argument for the FDA to use against eliquid/ecig vendors. Sorry for the rant

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I realize that company's get these flavors in large batches and repackage them, but the way it looks between the 3 pics on this thread... Can you say watered down? You know for all the years I've smoked ciggs I've never had a bad batch or a stale pack. It's crazy how some of these company's try and cut corners to make more money. That would be a huge argument for the FDA to use against eliquid/ecig vendors. Sorry for the rant

IMO it's more likely that it's different ages that account for the different colors... or it could be how they're stored (heat and light exposure).

I've never noticed any chocolate taste to dulce... but there could be some small hint of it there that I've never noticed. I don't remember if I've ever tried it on its own. I could see even the tiniest hint of something standing out, if it's a taste that you can't stand.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I honestly think I got a mixed up bottle, I ordered several other flavors in the same size bottle so it doesn't seem like stretch. Just gonna chalk it up to a bad experience.

IMO it's more likely that it's different ages that account for the different colors... or it could be how they're stored (heat and light exposure)

Not to mention, they're pics, so lighting and the camera too. As far as the FDA, I don't see how they enter into the discussion of flavorings as much as if we were talking primarily about premixed liquids or nicotine. Seems like a bit of a reach (IMO) since the majority of the conversation could be about candy making or some other use for using flavorings that has nothing to do with ecigs.

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
I honestly think I got a mixed up bottle, I ordered several other flavors in the same size bottle so it doesn't seem like stretch. Just gonna chalk it up to a bad experience.

Not to mention, they're pics, so lighting and the camera too. As far as the FDA, I don't see how they enter into the discussion of flavorings as much as if we were talking primarily about premixed liquids or nicotine. Seems like a bit of a reach (IMO) since the majority of the conversation could be about candy making or some other use for using flavorings that has nothing to do with ecigs.

Ok lighting/camera... Candy making on ECF?... Yeah I might've gone a bit deep with the FDA. Good luck with your DDL

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks Danny, I didn't know PA/TFA's site sold small amounts of flavors, will definitely be ordering from them from now on.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with this 60ml bottle of botched Vanilla Custard lol Unfortunately I don't know anyone else who vapes.

Put it in cool whip, whip cream, coffee, bottled water (A favorite for me), A touch in your winter hot chocolate, Milk, ice cream, pudding, etc....

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Put it in cool whip, whip cream, coffee, bottled water (A favorite for me), A touch in your winter hot chocolate, Milk, ice cream, pudding, etc....

I think she's talking about a bottle of mixed juice... if it has nic in it, I don't know if I'd want to drink that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread