UD Goblin Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
So I'm sitting here bored watching family guy and I see my old UD Goblin tank and I liked using it. I thought since I'm bored I'd throw a build in it and vape it. I went to open up the tank and I can't get it apart for the life of me! I tried using a can gripper and my hand and it ended up slicing open my hand to the point of bleeding. I tried putting a towel around it and using a pliers and the gripper but that didn't work either. Somebody help! My hand hurts.

Reactions: thetrucker

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Had mine do that once. I ended up with a pair of pliers gripping the base (STAY OFF THE GLASS WITH PLIERS!), then grabbing the entire top section, glass and all, with a rubber jar opener. It came off but of course there were slight marks on the bottom.

If all else fails, you can break the glass with a light hammer tap. At least the mini comes with an extra tank.

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Had mine do that once. I ended up with a pair of pliers gripping the base (STAY OFF THE GLASS WITH PLIERS!), then grabbing the entire top section, glass and all, with a rubber jar opener. It came off but of course there were slight marks on the bottom.

If all else fails, you can break the glass with a light hammer tap. At least the mini comes with an extra tank.
Well mine isn't a mini but it did come with the smaller glass section but I don't know where that is and I'd really like to avoid breaking the glass. But the pliers and jar opener didn't work so I really don't know what else to try..

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Temperature won't significantly change the strength of the glass. But like glass always seems to do, it can break quickly if a stress crack develops. Seizing and glass breakage is the reason me and that stinkin' Nautilus lasted only 1 week!
Well, at this point is seems like it might be my only option considering I've tried to the point of my hands bleeding lol. At least there's the smaller glass and chimney for backup (if I can find them).

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Temperature won't significantly change the strength of the glass. But like glass always seems to do, it can break quickly if a stress crack develops. Seizing and glass breakage is the reason me and that stinkin' Nautilus lasted only 1 week!
Also I broke my buddy's nautilus glass. Must have been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread